- Snowden To Venezuela? Only If He Hurries
July 09 2013 12:04 PM
As reports surface that Snowden has accepted asylum in Venezuela, President Maduro's offer might be reaching its expiration date.
- Brazil Launches Probe Into US Spying Claims
July 09 2013 2:48 AM
Brazil is investigating whether its local telecom companies helped the U.S. to spy on communications on Brazilian soil.
- Berlusconi's Magazine Swallows Fake Report That The Boss Is Running For NYC Mayor
July 08 2013 2:55 PM
The billionaire, lascivious ex-prime minister of Italy has New York City abuzz: He wants to be mayor! But, wait a minute...
- Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto's Party Loses Key States
July 08 2013 1:50 PM
Mexico's ruling party lost the two biggest states, in an election plagued by violence and allegations of corruption.
- Mexico Becoming A Foreign Direct Investment Magnet
July 08 2013 12:06 PM
Mexico’s Finance Secretariat says the country attracted 40% of last year’s FDI in the first quarter of 2013 alone.
- It’s A ‘Trick’: Henrique Capriles On Venezuela’s Offer To NSA Leaker
July 06 2013 2:56 PM
As Venezuela awaits Edward Snowden’s response to its asylum offer, an opposition leader warns there might be more to it than meets the eye.
- Venezuela, Nicaragua To Offer Asylum To NSA Leaker Snowden
July 05 2013 9:19 PM
The news came shortly after Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega said Friday he was willing to grant asylum to Edward Snowden.
- Evo Morales Irate Over Plane Diversion, Claims US Involvement
July 04 2013 6:23 AM
The Bolivian president launched an anti-U.S. tirade after his plane was diverted to search for Edward Snowden.
- South American Bloc Unasur To Hold Meeting On Snowden Crisis
July 03 2013 4:26 PM
The Union of South American Nations will meet in Lima to discuss how to approach the recent Evo Morales plane crisis.
- Snowden Crisis (Though Not Snowden) Reaches Latin America
July 03 2013 1:19 PM
After being stranded in Vienna, Bolivian President Evo Morales was finally allowed to fly home, where his neighbors rose in his defense.
- Bolivia President Morales’ Plane Returns Home After Snowden Suspicions
July 03 2013 7:58 AM
Bolivia plans to file a complaint with the United Nations over EU countries blocking airspace and searching Morales’ plane.
- Which Countries Sent The Most Censorship Requests To Google?
July 03 2013 6:12 AM
The only country that sent Google more censorship requests than the U.S. was Brazil.
- Is Michelle Bachelet Returning To Chile’s Presidency?
July 03 2013 6:08 AM
Former President Michelle Bachelet swept the Chilean primaries, and seems well positioned to win her old job back.
- Bolivian Leader's Plane Diverted; Snowden 'Not Aboard'
July 02 2013 6:42 PM
President Evo Morales’ flight from Moscow was rerouted to Austria on false suspicion that Edward Snowden was on board, Bolivia says.
- Where Will Snowden Run To Next?
July 02 2013 4:41 PM
There are only two countries that are currently considering his request for asylum.
- Will Brazil Be Ready For The 2014 World Cup?
July 02 2013 4:22 PM
After a month of protests and infrastructure problems, there are concerns over how well Brazil is suited to host the World Soccer Cup.
- Prelude To A Snowden 'Magical Mystery Tour'? 20 Asylum Requests
July 02 2013 10:41 AM
The list of places the NSA leaker hopes will take him is a bizarro mishmash of NATO members, American adversaries and India.
- Oliver Stone Petitions Ecuador To Grant Snowden Asylum
July 02 2013 9:49 AM
Although Correa gave early indications that Ecuador could house Snowden, he has since retracted his support and deferred to Russia.
- Petrocaribe: Venezuela's Ticket To The Caribbean?
July 02 2013 5:39 AM
Venezuela needs goods from the Caribbean; the Caribbean needs Venezuelan oil. Agreements ensue.
- Is Snowden Heading To Venezuela?
July 01 2013 10:45 AM
Russia says he is not their problem, and Ecuador might be backing off. Is Venezuela Edward Snowden's only hope for asylum?