- USAID 'Blatant Deception' May Imperil Health Programs
August 05 2014 2:17 PM
Health advocates say USAID's operation in Cuba may deepen other countries' mistrust of U.S. programs. Ebola prevention might be affected.
- US Plan For Cuba: Young Latin Americans To Foment Revolution
August 04 2014 3:52 PM
From the Bay of Pigs invasion to ZunZuneo, covert U.S. plots to foment revolution in Cuba have failed.
- Mexican Media Condemn 'Gag Order' In Drug-Ridden Sinaloa
August 04 2014 12:42 PM
The outcry spurred state lawmakers to reconsider a law banning journalists from crime scenes.
- Why 31 Million Americans Never Finished College
August 01 2014 4:37 PM
A new report breaks down who's leaving, why, and what can be done to help more students finish college.
- Child Migrants Locked Inside The 'Icebox'
August 01 2014 3:14 PM
Accounts of severe cold in U.S. Border Patrol facilities abound. Advocates say it's intentional, but there's no official explanation.
- Growing Open Data Movement Could Mean Big Bucks
August 01 2014 2:29 PM
Researchers think that open data could mean trillions in economic growth.
- Polls Show Dissatisfaction With Obama, Congress
July 31 2014 2:50 PM
The Gaza conflict and the immigrant crisis have affected public opinion of the president and Congress.
- Latin American Countries Pull Diplomats Out of Israel
July 31 2014 1:02 PM
Five Latin American governments have recalled ambassadors from Israel over fighting in Gaza, and more may follow suit. Israel reacted with very strong words.
- 32 Nations Want Yom Kippur To Be A UN Holiday
July 31 2014 1:59 AM
Israel began its campaign to make Yom Kippur a U.N. Holiday in May, before the Israeli-Hamas war began.
- Israel Is A ‘Terrorist State’: Bolivian President
July 30 2014 5:40 PM
Bolivian President Evo Morales also struck down a visa agreement with Israel over its offensive in Gaza.
- How Immigration Detentions Profit Prison Companies
July 30 2014 1:50 PM
As the U.S. grapples to halt the influx of migrant families entering from Central America, private prison operators are lining up to cash in.
- Obama Announces New Sanctions Against Russia Over Ukraine Crisis
July 29 2014 4:08 PM
With new penalties targeting key sectors, Moscow's projected growth is estimated to be "near zero."
- Venezuela Network Branches Into English To Counter US News
July 29 2014 2:38 PM
The brainchild of late Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez is attempting to win over a younger, English-speaking global audience.
- Venezuela Intimidates Aruba For Release Of Former Spy Chief
July 29 2014 4:44 AM
Carvajal who ran Venezuelan military intelligence from 2004 to 2008 is accused of being involved in the illegal drug trade.
- UN Blacklists North Korean Shipping Company For Smuggling MiG-21 Jets
July 29 2014 2:39 AM
Three North Korean officers of the Chong Chon Gang were released by a Panamanian court Friday.
- Rockets Force Birthright To Ax Tel Aviv From Itinerary
July 28 2014 7:50 AM
Taglit-Birthright expected a record number of participants, but fears of Hamas rocket attacks are prompting cancellations.
- Unaccompanied Child Migrants Will Have To Leave US: Obama
July 26 2014 3:15 AM
Mostly from Central America, more than 57,000 children have been caught attempting to cross the U.S. border illegally since last October.
- China-Japan Rivalry Plays Out In Latin America
July 25 2014 4:04 PM
Japanese PM Shinzo Abe is attempting to woo economic leaders in the region, fresh on the heels of Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Hamas Rocket Forces Air Canada Flight To Change Course
July 25 2014 11:31 AM
Hamas tweeted firing rockets at Ben-Gurion about 25 minutes before AC Flight 84 landed.
- Venezuela's Former Spy Chief Arrested By US On Drug Charges
July 25 2014 5:23 AM
Two other high-ranking officials from Venezuela too have been arrested and face drug trafficking charges in the U.S.