- Latin American Countries Pull Diplomats Out of Israel
July 31 2014 1:02 PM
Five Latin American governments have recalled ambassadors from Israel over fighting in Gaza, and more may follow suit. Israel reacted with very strong words.
- 32 Nations Want Yom Kippur To Be A UN Holiday
July 31 2014 1:59 AM
Israel began its campaign to make Yom Kippur a U.N. Holiday in May, before the Israeli-Hamas war began.
- Israel Is A ‘Terrorist State’: Bolivian President
July 30 2014 5:40 PM
Bolivian President Evo Morales also struck down a visa agreement with Israel over its offensive in Gaza.
- How Immigration Detentions Profit Prison Companies
July 30 2014 1:50 PM
As the U.S. grapples to halt the influx of migrant families entering from Central America, private prison operators are lining up to cash in.
- Obama Announces New Sanctions Against Russia Over Ukraine Crisis
July 29 2014 4:08 PM
With new penalties targeting key sectors, Moscow's projected growth is estimated to be "near zero."
- Venezuela Network Branches Into English To Counter US News
July 29 2014 2:38 PM
The brainchild of late Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez is attempting to win over a younger, English-speaking global audience.
- Venezuela Intimidates Aruba For Release Of Former Spy Chief
July 29 2014 4:44 AM
Carvajal who ran Venezuelan military intelligence from 2004 to 2008 is accused of being involved in the illegal drug trade.
- UN Blacklists North Korean Shipping Company For Smuggling MiG-21 Jets
July 29 2014 2:39 AM
Three North Korean officers of the Chong Chon Gang were released by a Panamanian court Friday.
- Rockets Force Birthright To Ax Tel Aviv From Itinerary
July 28 2014 7:50 AM
Taglit-Birthright expected a record number of participants, but fears of Hamas rocket attacks are prompting cancellations.
- Unaccompanied Child Migrants Will Have To Leave US: Obama
July 26 2014 3:15 AM
Mostly from Central America, more than 57,000 children have been caught attempting to cross the U.S. border illegally since last October.
- China-Japan Rivalry Plays Out In Latin America
July 25 2014 4:04 PM
Japanese PM Shinzo Abe is attempting to woo economic leaders in the region, fresh on the heels of Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Hamas Rocket Forces Air Canada Flight To Change Course
July 25 2014 11:31 AM
Hamas tweeted firing rockets at Ben-Gurion about 25 minutes before AC Flight 84 landed.
- Venezuela's Former Spy Chief Arrested By US On Drug Charges
July 25 2014 5:23 AM
Two other high-ranking officials from Venezuela too have been arrested and face drug trafficking charges in the U.S.
- Hard To Believe, But Air Travel Is The Safest It's Ever Been
July 24 2014 9:15 PM
With 462 people dead in three plane crashes, travelers are wondering if it's truly safe to fly.
- What Happens To Child Migrants After They Are Deported?
July 23 2014 6:42 PM
The immigration and border crisis: Limited government services mean there is no follow-up on the conditions to which child deportees return.
- Xi Jinping Brings Billions On Visit To Latin America
July 22 2014 12:18 PM
The Chinese president inked a fresh batch of economic agreements with Brazil, Venezuela and Argentina before heading to Cuba.
- Flow Of Child Migrants Into US May Be Slowing Down
July 21 2014 2:11 PM
Border officials say they have been detaining fewer child migrants in recent weeks.
- Mexico Struggles To Manage Central American Migration
July 21 2014 11:37 AM
The U.S. isn't alone in the Americas in deporting people: Mexico deported more than 86,000 Central American migrants last year.
- Anti-Amnesty Protests Nationwide Call For Tighter Border Control
July 19 2014 5:19 PM
"We've been invaded. It's a war."
- Xenophobia Spurs Vancouver's Anti-Chinese-Language Protests
July 17 2014 3:12 PM
"It looks like Hong Kong. It doesn't look like Canada."