- Overwhelmed Texas Border Agents To Get Relief
June 22 2014 12:44 PM
Border Patrol is detaining 700 migrants a day.
- US Opening More Detention Centers To Cope With Border Influx
June 20 2014 4:49 PM
Nearly 100,000 Central Americans, including 52,000 unaccompanied minors, have crossed into the U.S. since October.
- Pope Francis Says No On Legalizing Marijuana
June 20 2014 8:06 AM
The pope railed against marijuana legalization while speaking at a drug-enforcement conference in Rome.
- Biden Goes To Brazil, For More Than The World Cup
June 16 2014 2:13 PM
The vice president appears intent on scoring a few diplomatic points as he visits the nation's somewhat estranged head of state.
- Colombia's Santos Wins Re-Election, To Push On With Peace Talks
June 15 2014 6:05 PM
Santos wins second term as Colombian president.
- Struggling Guest Workers Look For Relief From Big Retailers
June 12 2014 6:29 PM
Amid congressional inaction on immigration, the private sector is asked to help improve conditions in the seafood industry.
- 5 Things Famous Conservatives Think Homosexuality Is Like
June 12 2014 1:45 PM
Rick Perry compared homosexuality to alcoholism during an address at a San Francisco Hotel on Wednesday night.
- Ted Cruz Says Goodbye To Canada, No Offense
June 10 2014 8:31 PM
U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz officially renounced his Canadian citizenship nine months after it was revealed he had dual citizenship.
- Endless Strikes, Poor Pitches And No Water
June 10 2014 3:10 PM
Two days to go before the 2014 World Cup, subway workers may strike again, water is scarce and poor field conditions could injure players.
- Three Days From World Cup, São Paulo Is In Chaos
June 09 2014 12:04 PM
The world's biggest sporting event begins Thursday, and Brazil's biggest city is a gridlocked mess, with police using tear gas.
- Lima Airport Cocaine Ring Busted
June 06 2014 8:34 AM
The ring would switch bags filled with cocaine with passengers’ luggage, which was put on later flights.
- 6 In 10 Brazilians Say World Cup Is Bad For Economy
June 03 2014 12:50 PM
Hosting the World Cup is expected to cost the nation about $11 billion.
- 'Only God Can Fix This'
June 03 2014 10:51 AM
In the world's fifth-largest country, half a million soccer fans will only be able to move by air -- but airports are an unfinished mess.
- High-Profile Venezuelan Prisoner Ends Hunger Strike
June 01 2014 7:40 PM
Ivan Simonovis is serving a 30-year sentence for the assassination of four protesters.
- At Least She Doesn't Smoke: Porn Star Runs Against Rob Ford
May 28 2014 5:42 PM
Crack-smoking Mayor Rob Ford is about to have some sexy competition in the October 2014 mayoral race.
- Venezuela Accuses Opposition Leader Maria Corina Machado Of 'Coup' Plot
May 28 2014 4:04 PM
The allegations are the latest in a torrent from the government, which says three months of protests this year were a veneer for a U.S.-backed conspiracy to unseat the successor to late socialist leader Hugo Chavez.
- In São Paulo, 20,000 Homeless Protest World Cup
May 23 2014 2:03 PM
Homeless Brazilians do not want to choose between a house and soccer.
- The Day In Pictures [SLIDESHOW]
May 23 2014 7:53 AM
10 photos from around the world.
- Here's One Way To Come Out For Gay Rights In Peru
May 21 2014 12:52 PM
Carlos Bruce, who introduced a bill to legalize same-sex civil unions, came out of the closet after International Day Against Homophobia.
- In Brazil, World Cup And Corruption Talk Spurs Protest
May 19 2014 5:23 PM
From culinary snobbery to corrupt construction contracts, Brazilians have plenty to be bothered about concerning the World Cup.