- Narendra Modi said Monday the “lives of Muslim women cannot be allowed to be ruined” by the law called “triple talaq,” which lets Muslim men divorce their partners by saying “I divorce you” thrice.
- The incident took place Tuesday at Dreamworld, in the Gold Coast tourist district of northeastern Queensland state, police said.
- Liu Zhenmin visited North Korea Monday, the first top Chinese official to do so in eight months as the West calls for greater sanctions on Pyongyang.
- Daniel Russel, the most senior U.S. diplomat for Asia, has arrived in the Philippines amid confusion over the status of ties between the two long-time allies.
- The king’s death has led to the rise of ultra-royalist vigilante groups that say they will punish anyone perceived to have insulted the monarchy.
- The captain and crew member of a South Korean ship were kidnapped by ISIS-affiliated terror group Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines.