- Suu Kyi's Myanmar Party Eyes Ex-General For President
September 24 2014 12:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize winner Suu Kyi, 69, is barred by the constitution from becoming president.
- US And China Must Lead Climate Fight: Obama
September 23 2014 4:44 PM
At the U.N. summit, U.S. and Chinese leaders both indicated their countries would set ambitious emissions reduction targets ... eventually.
- US Defends Use Of Syria Airstrikes In Letter To UN
September 23 2014 4:33 PM
U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power cited Article 51 of the U.N. Charter to justify the airstrikes.
- Pro-Privacy Search Engine DuckDuckGo Blocked By China
September 23 2014 3:34 PM
Chinese authorities have blocked access to alternative search engine DuckDuckGo, known for its "real privacy" browsing.
- Former British PM Tony Blair Calls US Airstrikes in Syria 'The Right Thing'
September 23 2014 10:55 AM
"What we've got to do is understand this is a battle of moderation and modernity versus extremism and reactionary politics," Blair said.
- China's Torture Tool Industry Slammed By Amnesty International
September 23 2014 5:33 AM
Most companies manufacturing the tools for torture are state-owned, and advertise themselves online and in trade shows, according to a report.
- Chinese Court Jails Uighur Scholar For Life For Separatism
September 23 2014 4:17 AM
Economics professor Ilham Tohti, 44, stood trial for two days last week on separatism charges in the western region of Xinjiang.
- Modi To Get Rock Star Reception In New York
September 23 2014 12:40 AM
The event will be emceed by prominent members of the Indian American community.
- Indonesia Seeks 'ASEAN Solidarity' Against China In Disputed Waters
September 22 2014 12:43 PM
Indonesia is readying for what it considers a "real threat" from the Chinese.
- Taliban Reject Afghan Unity Government Pact As US 'Sham'
September 22 2014 6:41 AM
Ghani was scheduled to hold his first news briefing as president-elect later on Monday.
- Hong Kong Students Protest As City's Business Leaders Court Beijing
September 22 2014 6:15 AM
While the pro-democracy protests have struck a chord among students and activists, many Hong Kong businessmen have criticized the movement.
- India Expected To Offer Visa On Arrival For American Tourists
September 22 2014 6:01 AM
According to reports, the announcement could be made during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the U.S., scheduled to begin Sept. 26.
- Australia To Overhaul Anti-Terror Laws
September 22 2014 3:26 AM
The move comes at a time when a number of Australian citizens have been accused of fighting overseas for the Islamic State group.
- At Least 2 Killed In Multiple Blasts In China's Xinjiang Region
September 22 2014 1:58 AM
Xinjiang in China’s northwest, which is home to the Muslim Uighur minority, has witnessed several deadly attacks in recent months.
- Kerry, Iran Counterpart Discuss Nuclear Talks, Islamic State
September 21 2014 7:38 PM
Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif also discussed the threat posed by Islamic State militants.
- Power: Other Nations Will Join ISIS Strikes
September 21 2014 5:28 PM
Power said she would leave it to individual nations to announce their participation themselves.
- Yemeni Parties And Houthi Rebels Sign Deal
September 21 2014 3:34 PM
The Yemeni government press office said the agreement called for an immediate ceasefire and an end to all violence.
- Afghan Election Body Names Ex-Finance Minister Ghani President-Elect
September 21 2014 3:23 PM
The announcement came hours after Ghani and rival, Abdullah Abdullah, signed a power-sharing agreement.
- Turkey Says No Ransom Paid For Release Of Hostages Held By Islamic State
September 21 2014 1:47 PM
The hostages, including Turkey's consul-general, diplomats' children and special forces soldiers, were seized from the Turkish consulate in Mosul.
- Afghanistan’s Presidential Rivals Sign Power-Sharing Deal
September 21 2014 10:36 AM
Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah will share control over who leads key institutions, such as the Afghan army.