- Kerry, Iran Counterpart Discuss Nuclear Talks, Islamic State
September 21 2014 7:38 PM
Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif also discussed the threat posed by Islamic State militants.
- Power: Other Nations Will Join ISIS Strikes
September 21 2014 5:28 PM
Power said she would leave it to individual nations to announce their participation themselves.
- Yemeni Parties And Houthi Rebels Sign Deal
September 21 2014 3:34 PM
The Yemeni government press office said the agreement called for an immediate ceasefire and an end to all violence.
- Afghan Election Body Names Ex-Finance Minister Ghani President-Elect
September 21 2014 3:23 PM
The announcement came hours after Ghani and rival, Abdullah Abdullah, signed a power-sharing agreement.
- Turkey Says No Ransom Paid For Release Of Hostages Held By Islamic State
September 21 2014 1:47 PM
The hostages, including Turkey's consul-general, diplomats' children and special forces soldiers, were seized from the Turkish consulate in...
- Afghanistan’s Presidential Rivals Sign Power-Sharing Deal
September 21 2014 10:36 AM
Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah will share control over who leads key institutions, such as the Afghan army.
- Yemeni Government And Houthi Rebels Reach Agreement, UN Envoy Says
September 20 2014 6:53 PM
Medical sources said 13 Houthis had died on Saturday in fighting with the army in the capital.
- British Imams Use Video To Tell ISIS To Free Alan Henning
September 20 2014 5:37 PM
Abu Eesa Niamatullah, a director of Prophetic Guidance in Manchester, said Henning's would-be killers are "defacing the religion of Islam."
- Afghan Presidential Rivals At Last Reach Unity Deal After Disputed Vote
September 20 2014 5:11 PM
One of the new president's first tasks is likely to be signing a bilateral security agreement with the United States.
- 'I Will Take Back Kashmir, All Of It': Pakistani Politician
September 20 2014 8:14 AM
Bilawal Bhutto Zardari plans to wipe out the Taliban in Pakistan and reclaim Kashmir from India.
- North Korea Claims Miller Sought To Be 'Second Snowden'
September 20 2014 6:10 AM
Matthew Miller, 25, was arrested when he tore up the tourist visa he used to enter the isolated country in April, according to state media.
- China-India Territorial Dispute Heats Up While Leaders Meet
September 19 2014 12:11 PM
While China's leader pledged big investments in India, his military was encroaching on Indian territory, Indians say.
- Australia's Parliament House Viewed As 'Potential Target' For Terrorists
September 19 2014 6:03 AM
On Thursday, police officers had raided houses in Brisbane and Sydney, and arrested 15 men suspected of being linked to ISIS.
- Obama Nominates Indian-American As Ambassador To India
September 19 2014 1:01 AM
Richard Verma will be the first Indian-American to do the job.
- Amid Jihad Recruiting, China Sentences 4 For Terrorist Plans
September 18 2014 12:39 PM
The punishment suggests Beijing is worried about its western borders being vulnerable to Islamic extremist recruiting.
- China To Invest $20B In India Over 5 Years
September 18 2014 7:13 AM
Chinese President Xi Jinping, on a three-day trip to India, also said that his government will open up Chinese markets to Indian products.
- Typhoon Triggers Flooding In China, Trapping 395 Students, Teachers
September 18 2014 4:22 AM
Typhoon Kalmaegi has already killed seven people, left one missing and led to the cancellation of more than 170 flights.
- US To Press India On Trade Row During Modi's Washington Visit
September 18 2014 1:22 AM
Assistant Secretary of State Nisha Biswal said the WTO agreement to ease worldwide customs rules would "certainly" be a topic for conversation.
- Australia Responds To Alleged ISIS Plot To Behead Locals
September 17 2014 9:27 PM
A senior member of the Islamic State militant group reportedly exhorted supporters in Australia to conduct public beheadings at random.
- Australia Announces $6.35M More To Fight Ebola
September 17 2014 2:04 AM
With the latest pledge, Australia's total contribution to fight off the deadliest Ebola outbreak in history stands at more than $7 million.