- India's Apex Court Asks Government To Recognize Transgender People As Third Gender
April 15 2014 8:19 AM
The latest decision follows the same court’s rule reinstating a ban on homosexuality, which the New Delhi’s High Court had legalized.
- Xi Calls For Boosting China's Space Power
April 14 2014 11:28 PM
Chinese say the president's call is a response to US ambitions in space.
- From Millionaires To Mafiosi, China's Gunslingers Grow
April 14 2014 4:23 PM
Privately-owned guns are strictly banned in China, but that's not stopping the emergence of a gun culture of sorts.
- Chinese Man Named Bai Ting Charged With Biting Police Officer In Singapore
April 14 2014 1:38 PM
Bai Ting, 28, faces up to seven years in jail for the alleged biting attack.
- Why Indonesian Economic Reforms Are Less Likely
April 14 2014 12:04 PM
Unexpectedly, favored presidential candidate Joko Widodo's party won only 19 percent of the parliamentary seats.
- MH370 Update: Pilot Made Call Before Plane Went Off Radar
April 12 2014 10:10 AM
A communication from co-pilot Hamid’s phone is detected at 11.30 p.m. on the night of the disappearance, according to investigators.
- Two Expensive Elections: US...And India
April 11 2014 12:54 PM
The $5 billion price tag for the Indian election will be about triple the amount of money spent during the 2009 general election.
- China Sends Mixed Signals About High-Level Corruption
April 11 2014 7:39 AM
A Chinese activist and his supporters were arrested on charges of gathering a crowd to urge Chinese officials to disclose their assets.
- Indian Party Leader Wants To Drop Capital Punishment For Rapists
April 10 2014 3:16 PM
Yadav’s critics and opponents across the political spectrum condemned his remarks.
- How China's Private Equity Princelings Raise Billions
April 10 2014 2:52 PM
The offspring of China's elite is taking its clout to the private equity world.
- That Corner Of The World Where Marxism Is Thriving
April 10 2014 1:45 PM
The tiny northeastern Indian state of Tripura has been dominated by Communists for more than 60 years.
- India's Capital, New Delhi, Passes 52% Turnout As Election Continues
April 10 2014 8:47 AM
About 815 million voters are expected to vote in the country's largest elections to date by many measures, according to the Election Commission.
- China's Latest Crackdown Hits Weddings And Funerals
April 10 2014 5:52 AM
Chinese officials now need to seek advance approval before spending on large occasions like weddings or funerals.
- India's Janata Party Manifesto: Talk Of Cows, Yoga, But Not China Or US
April 10 2014 5:50 AM
The 52-page document spells out, mostly in ambiguous and intentionally vanilla terms, the party’s vision for its rule in India.
- Roundup Of Chinese Party Boss Associates Continues
April 09 2014 5:09 PM
An anti-corruption investigation is closing in on former Chinese Community Party boss Zhou Yongkang as another associate is charged.
- India's Elections Watched Warily By China
April 09 2014 1:55 PM
India’s border patrol policy is only one small part of its military readiness against China.
- Who Won North Korea's 'Elections'? Hint: He Had No Opponents
April 09 2014 12:22 PM
You guessed it: Kim Jong-Un has formally been named the leader of the pariah state, like his father and grandfather.
- A Surprise Ruling On US Veteran's Toxic Chemical Claim
April 09 2014 11:46 AM
Steve House's disability case shows that the "VA’s story about toxic exposures to troops on military bases is starting to unravel.”
- More Pings Breathe Fresh Life Into Search For Missing Plane
April 09 2014 12:42 AM
The search area has now been reduced to about 46,800 square miles, one-third the size of the initial search area.
- Illegal Immigration A 2014 Campaign Issue In Northeast India, Too
April 08 2014 2:53 PM
The BJP vowed that if it gained power in New Delhi, it would take serious steps to stop the influx of illegal immigrants from Bangladesh.