- As Zhou Is Probed, Name No Longer Unmentionable On Social Media
July 29 2014 1:19 PM
The most powerful Chinese official ever probed for corruption used to be unmentionable on social media. That changed suddenly.
- Malaysia Airlines May Change Its Name
July 29 2014 10:44 AM
The tragic incidents with MH17 and MH370 have spurred efforts for the Malaysian airliner to take its branding in a new direction.
- China's Former Security Chief Facing Corruption Charges
July 29 2014 8:24 AM
The move to investigate Zhou Yongkang may be a way for President Xi Jinping to make good on a promise to crackdown on rampant corruption.
- Karzai's Cousin And Ghani Ally Killed In Afghan Suicide Attack
July 29 2014 4:54 AM
The attack comes as the country is caught in a political deadlock over a disputed election to replace Hamid Karzai as president.
- Kerry's India Visit: Revitalizing Trade Ties And Mending Relations
July 29 2014 3:04 AM
This will be the first U.S. cabinet-level visit to India since the Narendra Modi-led BJP government won the Indian elections in May.
- UN Blacklists North Korean Shipping Company For Smuggling MiG-21 Jets
July 29 2014 2:39 AM
Three North Korean officers of the Chong Chon Gang were released by a Panamanian court Friday.
- Philippines Massacre Leaves 21 Dead, Including Women And Children
July 28 2014 2:09 PM
A group that included several women and children was attacked while traveling to celebrate the end of Ramadan.
- Mob Kills Woman, Girls Over Facebook Post In Pakistan
July 28 2014 7:29 AM
Human rights workers say the country’s blasphemy law is increasingly being used to persecute members of minority communities.
- China Condemns US Anti-Dumping Duties On Solar Imports
July 28 2014 5:43 AM
The U.S. Commerce Department on Friday placed anti-dumping duties as high as 165.05 percent on solar panels and cells from China.
- Abu Sayyaf Militants Kill 17 Civilians In Philippines
July 28 2014 5:07 AM
Members of the Islamist group, active in the southern part of the country, attacked a convoy of villagers celebrating the end of Ramadan.
- Prophet Jirjis Mosque Destroyed in Mosul
July 27 2014 10:36 PM
The mosque was one of a half-dozen destroyed in recent days by Islamic militants.
- North Korea Says Kim Presided Over Latest Missile Test
July 27 2014 6:49 PM
North Korea fired a missile from its east coast, sending it 310 miles into the sea.
- The Skies Are Not Safe
July 26 2014 10:52 PM
A Malaysia Airlines executive is calling on international organizations to better regulate air travel over conflict regions such as Ukraine.
- Death, Destruction And Those Who Survived GE222 In Taiwan
July 26 2014 5:30 PM
After a week of deadly plane crashes that killed hundreds, the TransAsia Airways flight that crashed in Taiwan was different: It had survivors.
- China-Japan Rivalry Plays Out In Latin America
July 25 2014 4:04 PM
Japanese PM Shinzo Abe is attempting to woo economic leaders in the region, fresh on the heels of Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Thai Military Isn't Laughing With HBO's John Oliver
July 25 2014 3:49 PM
John Oliver's jokes on a recent episode of his HBO show earned the attention of Thailand's military.
- Yoo Dae-gyun, Son Of South Korean Ferry Owner, Detained
July 25 2014 9:11 AM
Yoo's apprehension came three days after his father's dead body was discovered. An autopsy was inconclusive.
- 'Forgive Us, Netherlands:' Russian Opposition Newspaper
July 25 2014 2:28 AM
Of the 298 people killed in the Flight MH17 crash last Thursday, almost two-thirds were Dutch nationals.
- Forensic Investigators Cannot Find Cause Of Death Of Fugitive Ferry Tycoon
July 25 2014 1:33 AM
The body of Yoo Byung-eun was reportedly found on June 12 in a badly decomposed state.
- Hard To Believe, But Air Travel Is The Safest It's Ever Been
July 24 2014 9:15 PM
With 462 people dead in three plane crashes, travelers are wondering if it's truly safe to fly.