- Pro-Democracy Demonstrations Begin With A Bang In Hong Kong
September 01 2014 10:23 AM
Pro-democracy protests erupted in Hong Kong Monday over China's decision not to allow a fully democratic election there in 2017.
- India, Japan Strengthen Ties To Limit China's Influence
September 01 2014 8:21 AM
Japan and India, two of Asia's economic powerhouses, are working to check the influence of the region's largest economy - China.
- Turkey Cracks Down On Police Officers For Espionage
September 01 2014 7:52 AM
Previous raids by government forces have led to the arrests of hundreds of police officers, about half of whom have since been released.
- Turkish Foreign Ministry Summons US Envoy Over Spying Report
September 01 2014 6:16 AM
Turkey's foreign ministry summoned Washington's most senior diplomat in Ankara over a media report.
- Hong Kong Police Attack Pro-Democracy Activists With Pepper Spray
September 01 2014 5:43 AM
Occupy Central plans to intensify pro-democracy protests and shut down Hong Kong's financial district.
- Pakistani Army Called To Deal With Demonstrations
September 01 2014 3:21 AM
Three people were killed and nearly 500 were wounded Sunday when protesters attempted to storm the prime minister’s official residence.
- Pakistan PM still surrounded by protesters after deadly clashes
August 31 2014 3:05 PM
- New Sanctions Anger Iranian Officials
August 31 2014 2:49 PM
Iranian officials condemned latest round of U.S. sanctions, saying they call talks on Iran's nuclear program into question.
- Pro-Russian Separatists Attack Ukrainian Military Ship [VIDEO]
August 31 2014 2:02 PM
At least one Ukrainian military ship was attacked in the Sea of Azov by pro-Russian separatists Sunday.
- Amerli Seige Broken; 37 Die In Baghdad Bombing
August 31 2014 12:35 PM
Residents of Amerli had threatened mass suicide if Islamic State militants seized the town; in Baghdad 37 die in suicide bombing
- Iran Says Possible Response To New US Sanctions Could Not Be ‘Pleasant’
August 31 2014 11:35 AM
“We can take actions that would be unpleasant to the other side,” Iran's foreign minister says Sunday.
- China Rules Out Open Election For Chief In Hong Kong
August 31 2014 5:25 AM
Chinese authorities insist candidates running for the city's top post must be approved by a pro-Beijing committee.
- China Tells Journalists To Use 'Marxist News Values'
August 31 2014 3:53 AM
In the latest step in President Xi Jinping's crackdown on the media, journalists were told to uphold the principles prescribed by the Communist Party,
- ISIS Hit By Airstrikes Near Amerli, Pentagon Says
August 30 2014 10:29 PM
Amerli has been under seige for two months. Aid was dropped to trapped Turkmen as airstrikes were conducted against ISIS.
- Fort Hood Shooter Hasan Wants To Be ISIS Citizen
August 30 2014 9:22 PM
Hasan wrote a letter to an ISIS leader, saying it would be an honor to be an ISIS "citizen soldier."
- Iraqi And Kurdish Forces Bid To Break Amerli Siege
August 30 2014 8:22 PM
Kurds have been slowly regaining ground from the militants and Saturday advanced on the northern town of Zumar.
- Privatizing Terror
August 30 2014 6:13 PM
Banking laws designed to cut off funds to terror groups are woefully outdated.
- 9 Million 'Missing' In Myanmar's Controversial Census
August 30 2014 7:01 AM
The census has been criticized by activists in strife-torn Myanmar over inclusion of questions related to ethnicity and religion.
- China Warns Foreign Powers Not To Meddle In Hong Kong
August 30 2014 6:49 AM
The warning comes ahead of a crucial ruling on the future of the city's political system, due Sunday.
- Taliban Attack On Afghan Intelligence HQ Kills Six
August 30 2014 5:49 AM
The attack took place in Jalalabad, which is located near the border with Pakistan,is one of the country’s most troubled regions.