- Amid Jihad Recruiting, China Sentences 4 For Terrorist Plans
September 18 2014 12:39 PM
The punishment suggests Beijing is worried about its western borders being vulnerable to Islamic extremist recruiting.
- China To Invest $20B In India Over 5 Years
September 18 2014 7:13 AM
Chinese President Xi Jinping, on a three-day trip to India, also said that his government will open up Chinese markets to Indian products.
- Typhoon Triggers Flooding In China, Trapping 395 Students, Teachers
September 18 2014 4:22 AM
Typhoon Kalmaegi has already killed seven people, left one missing and led to the cancellation of more than 170 flights.
- US To Press India On Trade Row During Modi's Washington Visit
September 18 2014 1:22 AM
Assistant Secretary of State Nisha Biswal said the WTO agreement to ease worldwide customs rules would "certainly" be a topic for conversation.
- Australia Responds To Alleged ISIS Plot To Behead Locals
September 17 2014 9:27 PM
A senior member of the Islamic State militant group reportedly exhorted supporters in Australia to conduct public beheadings at random.
- Australia Announces $6.35M More To Fight Ebola
September 17 2014 2:04 AM
With the latest pledge, Australia's total contribution to fight off the deadliest Ebola outbreak in history stands at more than $7 million.
- US Man Attempting To Swim To North Korea Arrested
September 17 2014 1:31 AM
South Korean soldiers have arrested a man who attempted to swim to the North to meet leader Kim Jong Un, according to Yonhap news agency.
- Suicide Bomber Kills 3 Soldiers At Kabul US Base
September 16 2014 1:39 PM
The International Security Assistance Force would not identify the nationalities of the victims.
- China Readying To Fight World War III
September 16 2014 11:12 AM
A Chinese scholar thinks WWIII will happen as a result of escalating maritime disputes — such as China is having now.
- Xi Jinping Tours Asia To Boost Economic Ties, Outflank Japan
September 16 2014 10:31 AM
The Chinese president is visiting India and Sri Lanka.
- Kabul Suicide Bombing Kills At Least 3 NATO Personnel
September 16 2014 1:08 AM
A Taliban suicide bomber reportedly drove a vehicle loaded with explosives into a convoy carrying NATO-led troops.
- Rise Of Al Qaeda Calls Into Question Obama's ISIS Plan
September 15 2014 2:25 PM
Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula is taking advantage of chaos in Yemen; U.S. drones and special forces failed to stop it.
- International Monitoring Team Attacked In Eastern Ukraine
September 15 2014 6:56 AM
Shelling badly damaged two marked vehicles of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, or OSCE.
- Kerry: Other Countries Offering Troops In ISIS Fight
September 14 2014 5:16 PM
Sunni Arab states have expressed support for the U.S. campaign President Barack Obama announced last week to destroy the Islamic State.
- McDonough: No Threats Made To Foley, Sotloff Families
September 14 2014 2:39 PM
McDonough said the administration merely explained ransom payments to terrorist groups are banned by federal law.
- Iraq's Allawi Endorses PM, Says Will Help Win Over Sunnis
September 14 2014 1:14 PM
Until now, many Sunni tribal fighters and members of armed factions have sided with Islamic State, convinced the government is the greater of two evils.
- Indonesia Nabs Four Turks, Says They’re Terrorists
September 14 2014 11:36 AM
Officials in Jakarta say they were meeting three Indonesians in an area that has seen Muslim-Christian clashes in recent years.
- Hong Kong Democracy Activists Stage 'Black Cloth' Protest
September 14 2014 6:45 AM
Activists marched through Hong Kong Sunday saying they felt betrayed and angry at Beijing's refusal to allow fully-democratic elections.
- Malaysia Airlines Plane Turns Back After Autopilot Defect
September 14 2014 4:31 AM
The company has been reeling from the loss of two aircraft in separate incidents in 2014, which resulted in hundreds of deaths.
- Pakistani Opposition Urges Supporters To Resist Moves To Curb Protests
September 14 2014 3:04 AM
Demonstrators led by Imran Khan and Tahir ul-Qadri have been locked in a bitter stand-off with the government for weeks.