- Thailand's Cash-Rich Fisheries: A Hub For Slavery And Human Trafficking
March 04 2014 2:31 PM
Thailand's billion-dollar seafood export industry charged with relying on slavery and human trafficking.
- China's Security Guards, Armed Only With 'Riot Fork' And Mace
March 03 2014 2:31 PM
China's gun laws do not allow security guards to carry weapons. After the Kunming attack, should train station security be armed?
- The Reasons India Will Investigate Rolls-Royce Defense Deal
March 03 2014 7:15 AM
Rolls-Royce has forecast a fall in profits, after a decade of growth, as the U.S. and Europe cut back on defense spending.
- China's Corruption Probe Could Net Former Security Chief
March 03 2014 4:39 AM
Last week, the party sacked Vice Police Chief Li Dongsheng over charges of corruption and for having close relations with his former boss.
- The Separatist Movement Behind The Deadly Attack In China
March 01 2014 9:28 PM
The brutal attack that has left 33 dead and 130 more wounded is said to be the work of separatists from an autonomous region in northwest China.
- India's GDP Grew At 4.7% For December Quarter
March 01 2014 11:04 AM
Government looks for 6 percent growth in 2014.
- China Bans Extravagant Spending At National People's Congress Meetings
February 28 2014 4:45 PM
Party officials gathering in Beijing for the annual NPC session used to spend lavishly. Not this year, when even bottled water is rationed.
- Blood Red Corridor: Maoist Rebels Kill Seven Policemen In Chhattisgarh, India
February 28 2014 1:49 PM
The massacre occurred in the Shyamgiri hills of the tribal Bastar region, which is a stronghold for Maoist guerrilla activity.
- New Video Game Has Chinese Shooting What?
February 28 2014 12:13 PM
A new video game released by China's government newspaper takes aim at the Japanese.
- Chinese Police Rescue Hundreds Of Babies From Being Sold Online
February 28 2014 6:21 AM
In the first 10 months of 2013, China had rescued 24,000 children from child-trafficking groups.
- North Korea Still Needs China's Money
February 27 2014 12:26 PM
With North Korea's main proponent of China trade now executed, Pyongyang has sent a new representative to rally investment.
- More Indian Soldiers In Kashmir Killed By Colleagues Or Suicide Than By Insurgents Since 2009
February 27 2014 10:49 AM
Pakistan and India both claim Kashmir in its entirety, and both countries have stationed tens of thousands of troops in the region.
- Yingluck Shinawatra Skips Anti-Corruption Panel Hearing
February 27 2014 6:04 AM
Yingluck's supporters surrounded the NACC building and chained the gates to prevent officials from entering.
- Mild Concern In China Over Ukraine's Upheaval
February 26 2014 12:20 PM
Weapon sales, the biggest overseas agriculture deal for Beijing, billions in aid: There's a lot at stake for China in Ukraine's turmoil.
- China May Be Liable For Its Terrible Air Quality
February 25 2014 2:51 PM
In a first in China, one man seeks compensation from the government for pollution-related damages.
- What The GOP Is Likely To Protest About FATCA Tax Reform
February 25 2014 5:45 AM
Republicans will press criticism of the ambitious tax evasion crackdown during 2014 elections.
- Political Allies Of Former Security Chief Zhou Yongkang Dropping Like Flies
February 24 2014 4:22 PM
Li’s dismissal is just the latest development related to a series of investigations and corruption allegations linked to China’s ex-security chief.
- Why The Saudis Are Seeking Pakistan's Arms For Syria's Rebels
February 24 2014 1:56 PM
Pakistan manufactures shoulder-launched anti-aircraft missiles, called Anza, which are based on a Chinese model.
- Kenya's Donkey Meat - China's Hot New Import?
February 24 2014 12:51 PM
Kenya is getting it's first ever donkey meat slaughterhouse to feed the high demand coming from China.
- Turkey Denies Media Report Of Taliban Office In Ankara
February 24 2014 10:46 AM
In the past, Turkey has said it might be willing to establish an office for the Taliban.