- Indian State Adopts Anti-Black Magic Bill
December 16 2013 7:09 AM
The measure marks changing attitudes in India toward religious practitioners and so-called holy men who draw a large number of followers.
- 16, Including 2 Cops, Killed In China's Xinjiang Province
December 16 2013 1:43 AM
The knife-wielding assailants were killed after they attacked a police squad with bombs, an official Web post said.
- India Expresses ‘Shock’ Over Diplomat’s Arrest In New York
December 14 2013 11:02 AM
Complaint by a former domestic spurs arrest of Devyani Khobragade.
- Bribery Charges Deliver A Blow To China's Media Companies
December 14 2013 10:28 AM
Several high-profile journalists and editors in China have been charged with accepting bribes.
- Kim Jong Un's Purge -- Shades Of Stalin
December 13 2013 1:34 PM
The high-profile execution of Kim Jong Un's uncle has baffled North Korea watchers. Here's what might have happened.
- Thai Political Crisis Deepens As Protesters Dig In
December 13 2013 6:15 AM
Heads of the nation's armed forces have agreed to meet with the protest leader who is insisting on an unelected government.
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed For 'Hideous' Crimes
December 12 2013 5:25 PM
After dramatic footage of his removal from office, the once-powerful politician Jang Song Thaek is dead.
- Beijing: Don't Smoke If You Have Them
December 12 2013 2:25 PM
Despite previous failed attempts, one of the nations with the heaviest rate of smoking is considering banning it in public places.
- South Koreans Comply With China Air Zone
December 12 2013 11:56 AM
Despite Seoul's official defiance against China's new air zone, Korea's international airlines have announced they will comply.
- A Celebration Amid Intolerance
December 11 2013 4:23 PM
I'm getting married in two weeks, in a country that just criminalized homosexuality again. And it's making me very, very angry.
- India’s Supreme Court Criminalizes Gay Sex: Activists Outraged, Vent On Social Media
December 11 2013 9:57 AM
India's top court has essentially criminalized homosexuality again, by upholding an colonial-era law.
- India Wants Afghan Ties, But Without Strings Attached
December 11 2013 7:11 AM
Afghanistan may request for military hardware from India on Hamid Karzai's visit, but India does not want to provoke the U.S. or Pakistan.
- Is China Close To Inventing A Real 'Invisibility' Cloak?
December 11 2013 6:34 AM
As China focuses more attention on its scientific programs, one fantastic project has caught the eye of government funding.
- Homosexuality Once Again Illegal In India After Court Ruling
December 11 2013 3:16 AM
Dealing a blow to gay rights, India’s apex court ruled that a lower court’s 2009 decision in favor of homosexuality was not supported by law.
- India-Pakistan Nuclear War Could Kill 2 Billion, 'End Civilization'
December 10 2013 2:07 PM
There are at least 17,000 nuclear warheads around the world.
- Rare Riot Shows Ugly Underside Of Singapore
December 10 2013 12:47 PM
In a state of some 5.4 million people, migrant workers now account for about one-fourth of the total population.
- The China List That Struck A Nerve
December 10 2013 12:11 PM
Satirical or not, a list of things the Chinese have "gained" from air pollution angered citizens so much that it had to be taken down.
- Chinese Paper Calls Smog A National Defense Tool
December 10 2013 6:18 AM
"The fog of war" is a popular expression for uncertainties on the battlefield. China may just have discovered the "smog of war," too.
- Dhaka On The Hudson: Bangladeshis Find Opportunity, Challenges In NYC
December 10 2013 6:17 AM
Bangladeshis in NYC are entrepreneurial, but are burdened with poverty, poor language skills and substandard housing.
- Chinese Hackers Broke Into EU Ministries Before G-20: Report
December 10 2013 5:29 AM
A California-based cybersecurity firm said hackers released malicious code on to computers before September’s G-20 summit in Russia.