Asia Pacific Politics
- 'I'm Here To Reveal Criminality,' Snowden Says In Hong Kong
June 12 2013 11:01 AM
After exposing the NSA's secret data mining PRISM program, Edward Snowden fled to Hong Kong. Now he's speaking out.
- Jiroemon Kimura, Oldest Man In Recorded History, Dies
June 12 2013 10:01 AM
The fact that two of the oldest people on the planet are both Japanese is not a coincidence.
- Kerala Migrant Workers In Middle East Leave Behind ‘Virtual Widow’ Wives
June 12 2013 5:50 AM
Some 2.2 million Keralites live and work outside India, with 875,000 in the UAE and 574,000 in Saudi Arabia.
- China 'Outsources' CO2 Emissions: A Temporary Plan That Will Likely Hurt Later
June 11 2013 3:25 PM
One of the top emitters of greenhouse gases, China has come up with a temporary solution that won't impede its economic growth.
- How Is China Reacting To Snowden?
June 11 2013 12:26 PM
The NSA informant that has fled to Hong Kong has many Chinese netizens calling him a hero. Mainland media on the other hand, doesn't seem to care.
- The Spy Who Went In To The Cold: Snowden To Russia?
June 11 2013 10:08 AM
The Kremlin said it may take action, if it receives an asylum request from the source of the surveillance controversy leaks.
- China Launches Shenzhou 10 Spacecraft For Fifteen Days In Space [VIDEO]
June 11 2013 7:16 AM
The Shenzhou 10 went into space 10 years after the nation’s first spacecraft entered space carrying three astronauts.
- Residential Building Collapses In Mumbai
June 10 2013 3:18 PM
The building collapse has killed at least one person and injured at least five others.
- Indian People Eating Less and Less As Income And Spending Rise
June 10 2013 12:45 PM
India's economic growth has not translated into feeding the nation, as statistics show calorie consumption has dramatically decreased.
- What Is It Like To Own 374 Houses?
June 10 2013 11:23 AM
One former Chinese bureaucrat said the houses, worth more than 800 million yuan, were only one form of bribe he accepted over 25 years.
- Witch Hunts In Papua New Guinea On The Rise
June 10 2013 10:05 AM
Violent witch hunts in Papua New Guinea have been growing and been linked to economic jealousy.
- NSA Whistle-Blower May Get Asylum In Iceland
June 10 2013 8:38 AM
[UPDATE 3:50 p.m. EDT] Iceland government spokesman: Snowden has to be in Iceland to request asylum.