- Three Get Death For China Train Station Attack
September 12 2014 7:34 AM
An attack in March at the Kunming station in the southwestern province of Yunnan, killed 31 people and left 141 injured.
- Majority Of Chinese Predict War With Japan: Poll
September 12 2014 3:20 AM
A majority of Chinese people believe that war with Japan will happen; and many of them see it happening within the next five years.
- China Offers Russia 'Helping Hand' Against 'External Challenges'
September 12 2014 2:23 AM
Russia is looking to strengthen relations, as well as find new customers for its natural resources, in Asia, as relations sour with the West.
- China Corruption Crackdown Leads To Rash Of Suicides
September 12 2014 1:35 AM
The anti-corruption crackdown is seen as an attempt to increase the government's legitimacy, and persecute political enemies.
- Australia Raises Threat Level To 'High' For First Time
September 12 2014 1:00 AM
Australia has repeatedly raised the alarm about the number of its citizens believed to be fighting with Islamic groups in the Middle East.
- North Korea Comes Out For Scottish Independence?
September 11 2014 11:55 AM
An editor at a leading pro-DPRK newspaper believes trade ties between North Korea and an independent Scotland would flourish.
- Thai Junta Arrested And Tortured Hundreds Since May Coup
September 11 2014 7:03 AM
An Amnesty International report says that 665 Thai nationals have been detained since May on grounds such as “attitude adjustment.”
- Al Qaeda-Backed Group Releases Captured UN Troops
September 11 2014 5:52 AM
Fijian peacekeeping troops who were posted in the Golan Heights had been captured two weeks ago by the Nusra Front.
- North Korea Agrees To Release Report On Japanese Abductees
September 11 2014 3:00 AM
Pyongyang had announced the death of eight prisoners and returned the remaining five to Japan, but Tokyo had insisted on a fresh probe.
- Russia Fires Nuclear Missile, Hits Target 3,500 Miles Away
September 10 2014 12:00 PM
The Bulava missile was fired from a Russian submarine near Finland and it hit a target near Japan.
- China To Send 700 Troops To Join UN Forces In South Sudan
September 10 2014 8:16 AM
A U.N. official reportedly said that neither the date for the deployment nor the area has been finalized so far.
- India Rescues Thousands, Including Pakistanis, From Kashmir Floods
September 10 2014 5:36 AM
At least 450 people have died in India and Pakistan from flooding in the Kashmir region, and nearly 76,000 people have been evacuated.
- Japan’s Nuclear Regulator Gives Final Safety Nod To Two Reactors
September 10 2014 2:17 AM
The move is a major breakthrough for Japan, which has been relying on fuel and coal imports for power for almost a year now.
- Syrian Rebels To Soon Release Fijian UN Peacekeepers
September 10 2014 12:48 AM
Since independence from Britain in 1970, Fiji has sent more soldiers on U.N. peacekeeping missions than any other nation, on a per capita basis.
- Is Democracy Bad For Business In Hong Kong?
September 09 2014 7:48 PM
Occupy Central wants political power to devolve from Beijing. Financial interests worry about the movement's impact on business.
- China's President Xi To Make First Visit To India
September 09 2014 12:03 AM
While China and India have close economic and historical links, there is deep suspicion too, fueled in part by a festering border dispute.
- Hundreds Dead In India, Pakistan Flooding
September 08 2014 10:04 PM
More than 350 people have died and thousands of homes have been destroyed due to the worst monsoon flooding in many years.
- Israel, New Zealand In Row Over Diplomat's Posting
September 08 2014 6:15 AM
Israel reportedly forbids a diplomat from representing his country in Jerusalem if he is also serving as an envoy to the Palestinian Authority.
- Six Months After MH370, People Move On, Search Stands Still
September 07 2014 8:00 PM
MH370 vanished with 239 aboard. Nobody knows anything about their fate, loved ones are moving on, and the search is stalled.
- Rebooted Search For Missing MH370 To Focus On 'Seventh Arc'
September 07 2014 7:00 PM
Australian and Malaysian vessels will begin trawling the Indian Ocean in two weeks for signs of the missing jetliner.