- Beheaded Journalist James Foley Honored In Hometown
August 25 2014 12:18 PM
Nearly 1,000 people showed up in Rochester, New Hampshire, for a memorial service for slain journalist James Foley.
- Chinese Satellite Discovers Country's Biggest Marijuana Field
August 25 2014 8:21 AM
The satellite also found several fields of poppy, used to produce opium, along with cross-border tracks leading across its international borders.
- Vietnam Attempts To Mend Relations With China
August 25 2014 6:37 AM
China is reportedly suspicious of Vietnam's growing friendliness toward the U.S.
- Thai King Endorses Junta Leader As Prime Minister
August 25 2014 3:25 AM
His endorsement, a formality, paves the way for the establishment of an interim government in coming weeks.
- Japan Considering Unapproved Ebola Drug In Special Circumstances
August 25 2014 1:40 AM
Japan’s Fujifilm and its U.S. partner MediVector plan to use the drug in the fight against Ebola.
- India, Pakistan Intensify Cross-Border Firing
August 25 2014 12:49 AM
The Himalayan region of Kashmir has been a bone of contention between India and Pakistan since both countries became independent in 1947.
- Report: British Intelligence Has Identified 'Jihadi John'
August 24 2014 7:11 PM
Report says the family of a key suspect in the beheading of James Foley lives in a tony section of London.
- Identity Of Foley Killer Close, UK Ambassador Says
August 24 2014 1:06 PM
U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., calls James Foley beheading a turning point.
- Islamic State Seizes Syrian Army Base In Raqqa
August 24 2014 11:08 AM
Militants from the Islamic State broke into the last government-controlled military base in Raqqa on Sunday, according to human rights activists.
- Iran Claims It Downed Israeli Spy Plane Near Nuclear Site
August 24 2014 10:40 AM
Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps said Sunday it downed an Israeli spy plane approaching the Natanz nuclear site.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight Turns Back After 'Pressure Problems'
August 24 2014 4:54 AM
Afflicted on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Tokyo, the plane returned unscathed. There were no reports of injuries.
- China Executes Eight Uighur Muslims For Terrorism
August 23 2014 11:21 PM
Authorities say three of those put to death were behind October's attack in Tiananmen Square.
- UN Seeks 'Immediate Action' For Iraqis 'Besieged' By Islamic State
August 23 2014 11:04 PM
The group has cut off an entire town from food, water and medicine, the U.N. says.
- China Blames US For 'Dangerous' Jet Encounter
August 23 2014 5:52 PM
Beijing says the US is to blame for the encounter.
- US Protests 'Dangerous Intercept' Of Navy Plane By China Jet
August 23 2014 12:31 AM
The Chinese jet flew wingtip-to-wingtip with the U.S. plane, coming as close as 10 yards, and made multiple passes at the aircraft.
- Meet The Woman ISIS Wanted To Trade For James Foley
August 22 2014 3:36 PM
Pakistani neuroscientist Aafia Siddiqui is one of the prisoners ISIS wanted released by the U.S. She is serving 86 years in a federal prison.
- Here's The Chinese Fighter That Harassed US Surveillance Jet
August 22 2014 2:40 PM
The Pentagon has protested what it said were dangerous maneuvers by a Chinese warplane, including a barrel roll over a U.S. surveillance jet.
- Indian Activist Re-Arrested For Refusing To End 14-Year Fast
August 22 2014 8:15 AM
Irom Sharmila has been on a hunger strike since 2000, demanding the repeal of a law that grants far-reaching powers to India’s armed forces.
- Tourist Magnet Kerala Moves Toward Ban On Booze
August 22 2014 6:07 AM
Kerala, which boasts of India's highest literacy rate, is also the largest consumer of alcohol in the country.
- Fresh Landslide Fears Halt Rescue Operations In Hiroshima
August 22 2014 1:46 AM
Nearly 2,500 police and military officials are searching for the missing people, and more than 4,000 people have been told to evacuate.