- Couple Charged For Stealing From MH370 Passengers' Bank Accounts
August 21 2014 2:52 AM
The crime reportedly began two months after Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8 while on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
- Indonesia's President Condemns Islamic State's Actions
August 21 2014 2:27 AM
Indonesia's president said he was shocked after watching a video of the beheading of an American journalist by the Islamic State.
- Thai Junta Leader Appointed Prime Minister
August 21 2014 12:38 AM
The army seized power on May 22 in a bloodless coup following six months of sometimes deadly street protests.
- Fainting On Shanghai Subway Causes Mass Panic
August 20 2014 5:09 PM
After a man fainted, passengers panicked and fled. It served as a reminder of past similar episodes in China.
- Pakistani Army Wants To 'Share Space' With Government: Report
August 20 2014 8:12 AM
The Pakistani army has demanded that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif “share space with the army” in exchange for its support.
- Chinese Railway Official Gets Death Sentence For Corruption
August 20 2014 5:17 AM
China’s railway officials have come under increasing scrutiny from both anti-corruption officials as well as the public.
- At Least 27 Killed In Hiroshima Landslide
August 20 2014 2:00 AM
The frequency of landslides in Japan has nearly doubled in the last 10 years compared to the previous decade.
- China And India In Another Territorial Dispute In Ladakh
August 19 2014 2:26 PM
Confusion over the definition of China and India's Himalayan border has led to reciprocal accusations of military incursions.
- China Cracks Down On 'Almighty God' Apocalyptic Cult
August 19 2014 1:37 PM
Followers of a woman who calls herself the reincarnation of Jesus are being arrested by the thousands in China, and some are accused of murder.
- Jackie Chan To Meet Son Held In Beijing Marijuana Bust
August 19 2014 8:38 AM
Jackie Chan was named anti-drug ambassador by China in 2009 while Ko was part of an anti-drug campaign two years ago.
- Hundreds Of Taliban Fighters Attack Logar Province Near Kabul
August 19 2014 8:04 AM
In May, the U.S. declared that it will withdraw most of its troops from Afghanistan by 2016, leaving behind just 10,000 troops.
- Sri Lanka Closes Its Doors To UN War Crimes Investigators
August 19 2014 7:46 AM
UNHRC had voted in March to initiate an inquiry into allegations of war crimes during the final months of the civil war, which ended in 2009.
- Indian Companies Pledge $32M For Toilets In Rural Schools
August 19 2014 7:24 AM
Narendra Modi, in his first Independence Day Speech, raised social issues ailing the country such as rural sanitation and female education.
- Dozing ATC Staff Delay 737 Landing In China
August 19 2014 5:23 AM
The Boeing aircraft, travelling from Sanya to Wuhan, could not contact the control tower for several minutes despite multiple attempts.
- At Least 29 Trapped After Coal Mine Explosion In China
August 19 2014 2:53 AM
The mine reportedly continued to operate despite having been ordered by the government in June to close down.
- Australia, Indonesia Mend Ties After Spying Allegations
August 19 2014 2:17 AM
Indonesia had withdrawn its ambassador after documents claimed Australian spy agencies were snooping on top Indonesian politicians.
- India Cancels Foreign Secretary-Level Talks With Pakistan
August 19 2014 1:59 AM
The talks, which would have been the first in two years, were cancelled after a Pakistani diplomat met Kashmiri separatist leaders in New Delhi.
- China Weighs In On Ferguson Violence
August 18 2014 2:18 PM
Chinese state media is using Ferguson as an opportunity to point out America's "human rights flaw" in the wake of Mike Brown's death.
- China Helping North Korean Officials Seeking Defectors
August 18 2014 12:48 PM
Beijing is reportedly helping Pyongyang search for North Korean defectors who have escaped to China.
- Why Is The Mosul Dam So Important?
August 18 2014 12:22 PM
The biggest dam in Iraq is back under the control of Kurdish forces — a significant event given the dam's havoc-wreaking potential.