- China Rules Out Open Election For Chief In Hong Kong
August 31 2014 5:25 AM
Chinese authorities insist candidates running for the city's top post must be approved by a pro-Beijing committee.
- China Tells Journalists To Use 'Marxist News Values'
August 31 2014 3:53 AM
In the latest step in President Xi Jinping's crackdown on the media, journalists were told to uphold the principles prescribed by the Communist Party,
- ISIS Hit By Airstrikes Near Amerli, Pentagon Says
August 30 2014 10:29 PM
Amerli has been under seige for two months. Aid was dropped to trapped Turkmen as airstrikes were conducted against ISIS.
- Fort Hood Shooter Hasan Wants To Be ISIS Citizen
August 30 2014 9:22 PM
Hasan wrote a letter to an ISIS leader, saying it would be an honor to be an ISIS "citizen soldier."
- Iraqi And Kurdish Forces Bid To Break Amerli Siege
August 30 2014 8:22 PM
Kurds have been slowly regaining ground from the militants and Saturday advanced on the northern town of Zumar.
- Privatizing Terror
August 30 2014 6:13 PM
Banking laws designed to cut off funds to terror groups are woefully outdated.
- 9 Million 'Missing' In Myanmar's Controversial Census
August 30 2014 7:01 AM
The census has been criticized by activists in strife-torn Myanmar over inclusion of questions related to ethnicity and religion.
- China Warns Foreign Powers Not To Meddle In Hong Kong
August 30 2014 6:49 AM
The warning comes ahead of a crucial ruling on the future of the city's political system, due Sunday.
- Taliban Attack On Afghan Intelligence HQ Kills Six
August 30 2014 5:49 AM
The attack took place in Jalalabad, which is located near the border with Pakistan,is one of the country’s most troubled regions.
- Indian PM Rebukes Pakistan After Peace Talks Canceled
August 30 2014 5:06 AM
Narendra Modi's comments come a week after India called off peace talks between the two countries.
- Burmese Beauty Queen On The Run With $200,000 Tiara
August 30 2014 1:44 AM
18-year-old May Myat Noe took a flight to Burma and refused to return the tiara after being dethroned.
- Hong Kong Media Mogul Unbowed By Raid As Democracy Battle Boils
August 29 2014 6:24 AM
Jimmy Lai, who spent millions promoting the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong, had his home raided by anti-corruption officers.
- Malaysia Airlines To Cut 6,000 Jobs In Wake Of Twin Disasters
August 29 2014 3:42 AM
The company will cut 30 percent of its workforce in a $1.9 billion restructuring, following the twin air disasters that have damaged its brand.
- Anti-Japanese Propaganda Ramped Up In China
August 28 2014 4:49 PM
China's government is making the country's most popular networks carve out time to air anti-Japanese and "anti-fascist" content.
- China Accuses US Of Sonar Spying Following Jet Confrontation
August 28 2014 12:11 PM
The finger-pointing between the U.S. and China continues following a confrontation between warplanes east of Hainan Island.
- South Korea Acquits Person Charged With Retweeting North's Posts
August 28 2014 8:40 AM
Park was arrested because his retweets, including "Long Live General Kim Jong-Il," were considered sympathetic toward Pyongyang.
- Pakistan Prepares For 'Deciding Day'
August 28 2014 5:01 AM
Imran Khan and Tahir ul-Qadri, leaders of opposition parties, have led massive protests demanding the prime minister's resignation.
- India's Modi Eyes Breakthrough Nuclear Pact On Japan Trip
August 28 2014 12:24 AM
India has been pushing for an agreement with Japan on the lines of a 2008 deal with the United States.
- China's Falling Housing Prices Spur Protests
August 27 2014 1:49 PM
Homeowner demonstrations in Shanghai and Jinan illustrate just how dangerous falling housing prices are to Communist Party control.
- More Malaysia Airlines Woes: Alleged In-Flight Sexual Assault
August 27 2014 12:05 PM
Struggling to recover from the disasters of MH370 and MH17, Malaysia Airlines has been hit with allegations of an in-flight assault by a crew member.