Asia Pacific Politics
- Pentagon Report Accuses Chinese Of Cyber Attacks
May 07 2013 2:00 AM
China is carrying out systematic cyber-espionage on the U.S. military and private businesses to acquire technology, the Pentagon charged Monday in its most blunt assessment yet.
- North Korea Pulls Back Missiles, Relaxes State Of Alert
May 07 2013 1:10 AM
North Korea seems to have lifted its highest combat alert issued in March and withdrawn two mid-range missiles from its east coast, a senior South Korean source said.
- 19 Years Later Chinese Netizens Seek Justice For Poisoned Student
May 06 2013 4:34 PM
Poisoning, government censorship, angry netizens and a petition to the White House: a story from 19 years ago comes roaring back.
- Anti-Nuclear Activists Condemn Turkey’s Plans To Build Second Plant
May 06 2013 1:59 PM
Turkey plans to build a second nuclear power plant courtesy of a Japanese-French consortium.
- China More Politically 'Conservative' Now Than In 1980s: Study
May 06 2013 12:07 PM
Social scientists are surprised to find more Chinese with socialist or communist leanings -- more "patriotic" and "conservative" -- since the late 1980s. But it's a locally flavored conservatism.
- Nixon's Grandson Re-creates 1972 'Open Door' China Trip
May 06 2013 11:00 AM
Christopher Nixon Cox and his wife re-created the former president's groundbreaking visit, but with a twist that some found vulgar.
- Bangladesh Building Collapse Death Toll Now More Than 600
May 06 2013 10:07 AM
The owner of the building in Bangladesh that collapsed is in police custody and may be charged with murder.
- We've Never Had Smooth Relations With China, Top Japanese Says
May 06 2013 10:06 AM
While Japan and China spar over islands, Japan's Taro Aso makes a statement that doesn't go in the direction of smoothing things out.
- Malaysian Ruling Party Wins Re-Election After 56 Years In Power
May 05 2013 3:12 PM
Malaysia’s National Front coalition has won Sunday's election, extending its 56-year rule, with two-thirds of seats confirmed.
- Bangladesh Required To Hire 200 New Inspectors
May 04 2013 3:42 PM
The building that collapsed in Bangladesh in April housed an illegal clothing factory.
- Netizens Doubt China's Resolve On Military License-Plate Issue
May 04 2013 3:04 PM
Abuse of military license-plate privileges is angering the Chinese. Is the government really doing something about it?
- Alleged Midair Naps By Pilots Rekindles Concerns About Indian Airlines
May 04 2013 9:07 AM
This incident is only one of a number of episodes that have triggered questions about the safety of air travel in India.