- 'I'll Take Kiev in Two Weeks' ... Never Mind
September 02 2014 8:53 AM
Vladimir Putin's claims that he could take Kiev in two weeks have been taken out of context, says the Russian president's advisers.
- UK Wrestles With Dilemma Of Returning Jihadis
September 02 2014 8:34 AM
The British government is examining ways to prevent returning Islamist fighters from re-entering the country.
- Russia To Review Military Strategy In Response To NATO Plan
September 02 2014 6:56 AM
NATO had, on Monday, announced plans to form a "very high readiness force" to respond to Russian aggression in Ukraine.
- Putin: 'I Could Take Kiev In Two Weeks'
September 01 2014 9:32 PM
Putin made the boast as European leaders considered more sanctions against Russia for its actions in Ukraine.
- NATO To Build Up High Readiness Force
September 01 2014 5:35 PM
NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen says a build up of forces in Eastern Europe is necessary to guard against Russian aggression.
- Bosnian-Serbs Arrested On Suspicion Of War Crimes
September 01 2014 4:58 PM
The Bosnian police detained 13 people suspected of committing war crimes during the war that took place from 1992 to 1995.
- Cameron Proposes Seizing Militants' Passports
September 01 2014 2:25 PM
The British prime minister unveiled proposals for dealing with British citizens pledging allegiance to the Islamic State.
- Ukraine Accuses Russia Of 'Open Aggression'
September 01 2014 8:47 AM
Poroshenko said in a speech there would be high-level personnel changes in the Ukrainian armed forces.
- Turkey Cracks Down On Police Officers For Espionage
September 01 2014 7:52 AM
Previous raids by government forces have led to the arrests of hundreds of police officers, about half of whom have since been released.
- Turkish Foreign Ministry Summons US Envoy Over Spying Report
September 01 2014 6:16 AM
Turkey's foreign ministry summoned Washington's most senior diplomat in Ankara over a media report.
- Australia Steps Up Sanctions Against Russia Over Ukraine
September 01 2014 4:50 AM
The fresh set of bans from Australia will affect 63 Russian and Ukrainian individuals, along with 21 corporations.
- Sweden Quarantines Patient In Suspected Ebola Case
September 01 2014 2:24 AM
A young man suspected of having Ebola has been hospitalized in Sweden.
- Germany Sending Arms To Kurdish Fighters
September 01 2014 1:23 AM
Germany says it will arm 4,000 Kurdish soldiers in the fight against the Islamic State.
- French Teen Arrested En Route To Syria
August 31 2014 10:12 PM
A French girl was arrested after allegedly boarding a plane to Turkey to join Islamist militants in Syria.
- McCain Urges Action To Stop Putin
August 31 2014 4:06 PM
Rep. Peter King says Putin has to know there's "a price to pay" for his actions in Ukraine.
- Ukraine, Russia Agree To Captured Soldier Trade
August 31 2014 3:24 PM
The troop exchange occurs as Ukraine accuses Russia of providing pro-Russian separatists with soldiers and armored vehicles.
- New Sanctions Anger Iranian Officials
August 31 2014 2:49 PM
Iranian officials condemned latest round of U.S. sanctions, saying they call talks on Iran's nuclear program into question.
- Putin Pushes A Concept Of 'Statehood' For Eastern Ukraine
August 31 2014 11:20 AM
Ukraine and pro-Russian separatists should discuss "issues of society's political organization and statehood," Vladimir Putin says.
- 5 Things To Know About New European Council President
August 31 2014 6:39 AM
Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk was appointed Saturday to be the EU's primary representative on the world stage.
- Federica Mogherini Chosen As EU Chief Of Foreign Policy
August 30 2014 8:06 PM
Poland's Donald Tusk and Italy's Federica Mogherini chosen for top spots in the EU's European Council.