- Russia Says It Will Respond If Ukraine Interests Attacked
April 23 2014 1:24 PM
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov also accused the United States of being behind the political upheaval in Ukraine.
- Ukraine Says It Has US OK To Hit 'Aggressors'
April 23 2014 11:51 AM
Ukraine has relaunched a security operation to crack down on pro-Russian armed groups, after an Easter pause.
- Ukraine Could Split, Poland's PM Says
April 23 2014 9:42 AM
"I am afraid that we will not have to wait long before we see more acts of the Ukrainian drama," Poland Prime Minister Donald Tusk added.
- No Date Yet For Russia, Ukraine Nat Gas Talks, EU Says
April 23 2014 8:47 AM
The Ukraine crisis has raised fears that gas supplies flowing to several European countries via Ukraine could be disrupted.
- Ukraine To Resume Military Operations After Politician's Killing
April 23 2014 2:11 AM
The incident occurred just hours after U.S. Vice President Joe Biden left Ukraine after meeting the country's president and prime minister.
- Why US Sanctions Against Russia Are More Bark Than Bite
April 22 2014 4:41 PM
U.S. concerns about the global economy, a weakened ruble and the interdependent nature of key industries may be why Russia isn't too scared.
- Russia Dismisses West's Sanctions Threat
April 22 2014 12:30 PM
Russia also accused the Ukrainian government of stirring up trouble, and said the U.S. must prevent "hotheads" from provoking a bloody conflict.
- Biden Offers Ukraine US Aid, Condemns Corruption
April 22 2014 9:53 AM
U.S. VP Biden added that the May 25 presidential election is an opportunity to lay the groundwork for a more unified and prosperous country.
- Photos Of Russian Soldiers In E. Ukraine Threaten Geneva Pact
April 22 2014 4:11 AM
Russian President Vladimir Putin has consistently denied that Russian forces are stationed in eastern Ukraine.
- Russia Tells West Kiev Must Implement Deal
April 21 2014 3:03 PM
Russia Foreign Minister Lavrov urged U.S. Secretary of State Kerry to "influence Kiev, not let hotheads there provoke a bloody conflict."
- Kerry To Russia: Let's Put The Deal In Motion
April 21 2014 2:22 PM
Kerry urged Russia to call for separatists to vacate illegal buildings and checkpoints, accept amnesty and address their grievances politically.
- Ukraine Peace Deal - Not So Fast
April 21 2014 11:46 AM
So far, pro-Moscow separatist gunmen have shown no sign of surrendering government buildings they have seized.
- Natural Gas Flows To Europe Are Stable, Gazprom Says
April 21 2014 9:36 AM
Earlier, President Vladimir Putin said Russia would give Ukraine a month to start paying off the more than $2 billion it owes for natural gas.
- Russia Accuses Ukraine Of Breaking Geneva Pact After Slaviansk Killings
April 21 2014 2:27 AM
The shooting deaths in Sloviansk were the first in eastern Ukraine since a deal was struck in Geneva on Thursday.
- Separatists Ask Russia To Send Troops
April 20 2014 6:19 PM
Could last night's deadly checkpoint attack be the straw that breaks Putin's back?
- Putin Says Ukraine Debt Deadline Not Political
April 19 2014 10:27 AM
"We do not connect the economy with the political process," insists the Russian president.
- Eastern Ukraine Rebels, Arms At The Ready, Say They Will Resist To The End
April 18 2014 6:07 PM
Pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine reject a Geneva accord directing them to vacate government buildings and disband.
- Deal, What Deal? Pro-Russian Separatists Aren’t Going Anywhere
April 18 2014 12:31 PM
Despite an initial agreement by Russia, Ukraine and the West, agitators refuse to lay down their arms and vacate government buildings.
- Ukrainian Governor Offers Rewards For Captured Pro-Russian 'Saboteurs'
April 17 2014 11:40 PM
The prominent oligarch and recently appointed governor is putting his money where his mouth is.
- European Companies Strike Out Against Tougher Russian Sanctions
April 17 2014 4:05 PM
European oil giants led the way against tougher sanctions on Russia, where they operate several projects.