- Using computer simulations to model the formation of planets around low-mass stars, astrophysicists argued that these stars may be hosting planets containing large amounts of water.
- The proposal, which sought to create an 8 million-square-mile sanctuary for whales, failed to win the votes of whaling nations, including Iceland, Japan and Norway.
- WikiLeaks released a statement Monday clarifying the status of its founder Julian Assange and the organization, saying it “does not engage in collaboration with states.”
- State Department spokesman John Kirby said the Russian government was welcome to observe the elections, provided it applied through proper channels.
- Norway’s integration minister has faced calls to resign after making controversial comments about Muslim immigrants.