- ISIS Advances May Force Turkish Intervention
September 30 2014 8:24 PM
Militants surrounded a Turkish sovereign enclave in Syria and threatened to seize Kobane on the Syria-Turkey border.
- Hong Kong Solidarity Rallies Scheduled Across the Nation
September 30 2014 4:12 PM
People from across the world are rallying in support of Hong Kong's Occupy Central protests. Here is a list of prospective demonstrations.
- British RAF Launches First Airstrikes Against ISIS In Iraq
September 30 2014 2:26 PM
The U.K.'s Ministry of Defense confirmed the airstrikes were successful.
- Algeria Identifies Frenchman's Beheading Suspects
September 30 2014 2:12 PM
The Algerian government has the identities of Hervé Gourdel's killers two weeks after he was beheaded by an Islamist group.
- ISIS Releases Third John Cantlie Video
September 30 2014 1:29 AM
In the new video, Cantlie mocks the American strategy of employing air power combined with local ground forces in Iraq and Syria.
- German Ebola Aid Plane Grounded For Repairs
September 29 2014 2:06 PM
Germany’s military has a few problems.
- Seven Ukrainian Soldiers Killed In Rebel Attack Despite Cease-Fire
September 29 2014 5:41 AM
It was the largest loss of life among Ukrainian soldiers in a single incident since the ceasefire began on Sept. 5.
- Obama Says Islamic State Was Underestimated
September 28 2014 5:29 PM
President Obama told "60 Minutes" he put too much trust into the Iraqi army.
- France's Far-Right Grabs Senate Seats For First Time
September 28 2014 3:23 PM
The party, led by Marine Le Pen, took two seats in the august Senate.
- Riot Police Fight Back Against Hong Kong Protesters
September 28 2014 2:35 PM
Frustration increases in Hong Kong where tens of thousands of protesters have gathered to demand democracy.
- Khorasan Leader Killed By US-Led Airstrike: Report
September 28 2014 11:21 AM
Speculation about Muhsin al-Fadhli’s death surfaced after a U.S. airstrike hit the al Qaeda-linked Khorasan group in Syria.
- Al Qaeda Offshoot Vows Retaliation Over US Airstrikes
September 28 2014 1:51 AM
Pressured by U.S.-led airstrikes in Syria, the militant group said, "This is not war against al-Nusra, but a war against Islam."
- First Royal Air Force Bombers Overfly Iraq
September 27 2014 10:33 AM
U.K. Parliament has yet to OK similar action in Syria.
- Catalonia's Leader Signs Decree For Independence Vote
September 27 2014 7:26 AM
Following Scotland's referendum, the Spanish region's leadership is making its own bid for independence, which will face stiff resistance.
- French Muslim Cleric Leads Protest After Beheading
September 26 2014 5:11 PM
Dalil Boubakeur told crowds that the ISIS-aligned killers weren't true Muslims.
- Russia Risks Recession Amid Sanctions Over Ukraine Crisis
September 26 2014 3:37 PM
Sanctions and low oil prices threaten to bring the already slow Russian economy to a point of stagnation.
- How Will Diminished UK Forces Fare In Strikes Against ISIS?
September 26 2014 3:34 PM
After years of military cuts, the U.K. armed forces will be tested soon when they begin striking ISIS in Iraq.
- What Are Foreign Terrorist Fighters?
September 26 2014 1:57 PM
Thousands of terrorists from around the world are fighting for militant groups such as the Islamic State group and al Qaeda.
- UK Will Strike ISIS In Iraq
September 26 2014 12:17 PM
After weeks on the sidelines, the U.K. parliament voted today to commence airstrikes against the terrorist group in Iraq.
- Denmark To Send 7 F-16 Jets To Strike ISIS in Iraq
September 26 2014 11:31 AM
The Scandinavian nation also will send 250 pilots and support staff to the region.