- NATO Forces Headed To Eastern Europe
September 05 2014 8:52 AM
NATO's secretary-general made it clear that a "rapid response" force is a necessary measure to curb Russian aggression in Ukraine.
- UK Will Not Pay Ransom For David Haines
September 05 2014 8:11 AM
The British aid worker, a captive of the Islamic State, was kidnapped in March 2013 in Syria near the Turkish border.
- China Angry Over UK 'Interference' In Hong Kong
September 05 2014 6:16 AM
Chinese government officials have warned Britain that relations between the two countries were at risk.
- AK-47 Manufacturer To Double Arms Production
September 05 2014 4:46 AM
Russia's largest arms manufacturer, which increased production five-fold this year, is now on a U.S. sanctions list.
- Ukrainian Military, Pro-Russia Rebels Trade Fire Near Mariupol
September 05 2014 3:45 AM
The Ukrainian military is reportedly preparing for an imminent rebel attack before a potential cease-fire starting Friday at 7 a.m. EDT.
- One In 10 Girls Raped Or Assaulted By Age 20, UN Says
September 04 2014 11:29 PM
The report draws on data from 190 countries and paints a grim picture of the extent of physical and sexual violence against children.
- Russian Twitter Account Trolls NATO Summit
September 04 2014 4:50 PM
A Twitter account belonging to the Russian Embassy in the United Arab Emirates has trolled the NATO summit with a sarcastic tweet.
- Obama Wants NATO To Spend Money It Doesn't Have
September 04 2014 12:28 PM
The president has asked allies to increase military spending to 2 percent of GDP, but that's not a realistic target in today's economy.
- Clashes Continue In Eastern Ukraine On Eve Of Cease-Fire
September 04 2014 11:45 AM
Rebel forces appear to be making a final push prior to a cease-fire agreement set to take effect on Friday afternoon.
- Russia Attacking Ukraine, NATO Chief Says At Summit
September 04 2014 7:47 AM
Rasmussen's comments stepped up Western rhetoric against Moscow and set the tone for the two-day meeting.
- Britain Considering Arming, Training Kurdish Forces
September 04 2014 5:08 AM
Britain has so far carried out aid drops and surveillance and transported military supplies to Kurdish regional forces.
- Russia Warns NATO, US Over Ukraine Before Summit
September 04 2014 4:56 AM
Sergei Lavrov also urged Kiev and pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine to back peace moves outlined by President Vladimir Putin.
- What Will NATO Decide At Its Summit Over Ukraine?
September 03 2014 6:08 PM
NATO's summit in Wales has one main topic: Russia and Ukraine. What are the alliance's options?
- French Say Conditions Are 'Not In Place' To Deliver Warships To Russia
September 03 2014 12:56 PM
The $1.6 billion deal between Russia and France for two warships is on hold over the crisis in Ukraine.
- A Handwritten Plan For Peace
September 03 2014 11:51 AM
On a flight to Mongolia, Putin sketched out a "plan of actions" for peace in Ukraine. The plan will be discussed on Friday at a Belarus summit.
- Russia Committing 'A Brazen Assault' On Ukraine
September 03 2014 11:10 AM
In a speech in Estonia Wednesday, Obama also said NATO "must continue to stand united against Russia's aggression in Ukraine."
- EU Energy Chief Not Ruling Out 'Worst-Case Scenarios' This Winter
September 03 2014 10:49 AM
European Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger spoke to fears that Russia could cut off Europe's natural gas supplies in the winter.
- 'Don't Make Same Mistake With Putin As We Made With Hitler'
September 03 2014 9:23 AM
David Cameron warned that Vladimir Putin must be stopped from seizing Ukraine — a situation that could lead to a new world war.
- US, UK Confirm Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Is Authentic
September 03 2014 7:02 AM
The U.S. confirmed the authenticity of a video of the execution of journalist Steven Sotloff, while Britain also confirmed it to be genuine.
- Ukraine Modifies 'Cease-Fire' Claim
September 03 2014 6:16 AM
Ukraine's Poroshenko had earlier claimed in a tweet that a cease-fire was reached in a part of eastern Ukraine, but Russia refuted the claim.