- 35 People Found Inside Shipping Container In The UK
August 16 2014 8:37 AM
The individuals are believed to be from the Indian subcontinent.
- German Aid And Foreign Minister Touch Down In Iraq
August 16 2014 7:24 AM
Officials estimate more than 1,700 people from France, Germany and the U.K. have joined the Islamic State.
- Australian PM Tony Abbott Urges Scotland To Stay In UK
August 16 2014 1:25 AM
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott says, "It is hard to see how how the world would be helped by an independent Scotland."
- Germany Recorded Clinton As Secretary Of State
August 15 2014 5:34 PM
The revelations are an embarrassing turn after Germany was highly critical of the United States' extensive foreign spying operations.
- Ukraine Says It 'Destroyed' Invading Convoy; Russia Denies This
August 15 2014 4:24 PM
Per usual, Ukraine and Russia are squabbling over the facts, this time over what appears to be the first claimed Russian incursion into Ukrainian territory.
- The Vatican And China's Catholicism Problem
August 15 2014 2:59 PM
Pope Francis took steps toward improving Sino-Vatican relations this week, but China and the Holy See still have a long way to go.
- Rebel-Held Donetsk Shelled Amid Russia Aid Convoy Row
August 15 2014 3:39 AM
City shelled heavily as Russia dismisses claims of invasion pretext.
- Alabama Prisons Facing 'Serious' Tuberculosis Outbreak
August 14 2014 9:11 PM
The worst outbreak since 2009 follows a year of no cases of TB in Alabama prisons.
- Pope Warns Against Being 'Secularized And Materialistic'
August 14 2014 8:19 PM
Pope Francis, traveling in a Kia while in South Korea, cautioned bishops about caring more about "worldly" successes than the Gospel.
- Leader Of Pro-Russian Separatists Steps Down
August 14 2014 4:08 PM
With the Ukrainian military closing in, Igor Strelkov, one of the most controversial figures in the pro-Russian movement, has resigned.
- Pope Calls For ‘Reconciliation’ Between Two Koreas
August 14 2014 11:42 AM
Pope Francis began his five-day visit to South Korea by encouraging “diplomacy” between the Koreas, hours after the North fired missiles.
- Kiev: Russian Convoy Is 'Direct Invasion'
August 14 2014 11:34 AM
A Russian convoy of more than 400 aid trucks and military vehicles is less than 15 miles from the Ukrainian border.
- Hackers Post Anti-Government Messages From Medvedev's Twitter Account
August 14 2014 7:58 AM
A series of tweets critical of the Russian government continued to be posted from Medvedev’s account and were re-tweeted by his followers.
- First Reporter Killed In Israel-Gaza Conflict
August 13 2014 8:43 AM
Simone Camilli, a video journalist with the Associated Press, died Wednesday in an explosion in the Gaza Strip.
- Ukraine Will Deny Entry To Russian Convoy
August 13 2014 6:48 AM
Arsen Avakov, the Ukrainian interior minister, said that Ukraine will not allow the Russian convoy of over 250 trucks to cross its border.
- 12 Ukrainian Nationalist Fighters Killed In Separatist Ambush
August 13 2014 4:30 AM
The separatists opened fire on a bus taking the men to fight just outside the rebel-held city of Donetsk.
- Russian Convoy Gets Go-Ahead To Send Aid To Eastern Ukraine
August 12 2014 4:10 PM
Russia and Ukraine have come to an agreement to deliver aid.
- 2 French Journalists Detained In New Guinea
August 12 2014 8:21 AM
Thomas Dandois and Valentine Bourrat face up to five years in prison and a $42,000 fine.
- ISIS Seeks To Conquer Lebanon
August 12 2014 7:59 AM
The Islamic State extended its war front to the border of Lebanon triggering panic in a country that is home to many religious groups.
- Spanish Priest With Ebola Dies
August 12 2014 6:26 AM
Miguel Pajares was infected with the Ebola virus while he was working at the San Jose de Monrovia Hospital in Liberia.