- No Politics, Just Cats: Istanbul's Friendly Strays [SLIDESHOW]
March 26 2014 9:00 AM
Turkey goes to the polls on Sunday for a vote being watched the world over. The many, many cats of its biggest city are unconcerned.
- Ukraine's Goal In Seeking Joint Military Drills With NATO
March 26 2014 6:50 AM
Turchinov's request, if approved, would bring troops from the U.S. and EU into close proximity with Russian forces.
- Obama: Nukes In Manhattan Are Bigger Threat Than Russia
March 25 2014 5:10 PM
The president dismissed Russia as a "regional power" that poses no threat to the U.S.
- Lithuania To NATO: Protect Us Now
March 25 2014 4:16 PM
What's more, NATO alliance members have become extremely suspicious of Russia’s intentions, especially in light of the Crimea invasion.
- Is Kaliningrad The Next NATO-Russia Flashpoint?
March 25 2014 2:11 PM
The isolated, heavily militarized Russian territory, home to the Baltic Sea Fleet, is making East European NATO allies nervous.
- Who Was Ukraine's Oleksandr Muzychko?
March 25 2014 1:33 PM
Muzychko, an ultra-nationalist, was a coordinator with the Right Sector organization.
- Despite Low Pay, Poor Work Conditions, Bangladeshi Women Press On
March 25 2014 9:33 AM
The garment industry is crucial to Bangladesh’s economic survival: the sector employs roughly 4 million people, about 90% of them women.
- Shunned From G8, Russia Remains Unfazed
March 25 2014 2:24 AM
President Obama also met with China’s President Xi Jinping in an attempt to further pressurize Russia with economic sanctions.
- Defiant Ukrainian Air Force Colonel Taken Away By Russian Troops
March 24 2014 9:47 PM
The man who became the face of Ukrainian defiance in Crimea has been missing for 2 days.
- Besides The US, Which Other Countries Have Strong Armies?
March 24 2014 1:58 PM
The data demonstrates that the world is still spending a considerable portion of public funds on defense.
- Will Moldova's Transnistria Region Be Russia's Next Target?
March 24 2014 11:41 AM
Moldova and NATO are concerned about Russia's takeover of Ukrainian bases in Crimea and troop buildup near Ukraine's eastern border.
- Japan To Turn Over Nuclear Material To US
March 24 2014 9:45 AM
As world leaders gather for third nuclear security summit, Japan's decision holds global political significance.
- Ukraine Orders Its Troops To Leave Crimea
March 24 2014 6:26 AM
Ukraine had earlier said Russian troops had captured nearly 80 Ukrainian soldiers from a maritime base in Feodosia in the Crimean peninsula.
- New Objects Spotted In Indian Ocean By Australian Aircraft
March 24 2014 2:49 AM
Earlier, a Chinese plane reported a similar sighting in the same area as the search for Flight MH370 entered Day 17.
- Crimea Annexation Complete; Ukraine Is Asked To Pay Debts
March 22 2014 11:00 AM
The Moscow stock exchange has lost nearly $70 billion this month as the U.S. and EU impose sanctions.
- OSCE Will Send Observers To Ukraine
March 21 2014 10:32 PM
Move is seen as a step in the right direction for Ukraine and others involved in the crisis there.
- These Sanctioned Russian Individuals Have Direct Access To Putin
March 21 2014 4:09 PM
The Russian individuals being sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Treasury are well known players close to President Vladimir Putin.
- Does A Russian Crimea Makes Sense?
March 21 2014 3:51 PM
Crimea’s decision to secede from Ukraine was actually quite predictable. Here's why.
- Turkey May Attack Syria To Protect Shrine, Opposition Politician Says
March 21 2014 2:11 PM
An attack inside Syria, a corruption scandal, a key election - a Turkish politician opposing PM Erdogan draws up a scenario worthy of a novel.
- EU To Russia: Take That
March 21 2014 1:06 PM
The EU has launched a new sanctions round against Russian officials, including Deputy P.M. Rogozin and Putin Advisor Sergey Glazyev.