- Drink To That? Tony Italian Vineyards Rely On Near-Slave Labor
January 03 2014 12:45 PM
Italian wine exports are at an all-time high, as is the exploitation of migrant workers used to grow the grapes and make the wine.
- India Grounds $750M Helicopter Deal
January 02 2014 2:20 AM
The Indian government dropped the helicopter deal with AgustaWestland, and both sides are now expected to seek arbitration.
- India Greenlights Tesco, Vodafone Investments. Could Carrefour Be Next?
December 31 2013 2:20 AM
Ahead of national elections, India's ruling coalition has been blamed for a lack of policy reforms even as growth has slowed to a decade-low.
- France Goes Ahead With 75% Tax On Super-Rich
December 30 2013 12:14 PM
However, the total tax payout will be capped at 5 percent of a corporation’s annual turnover.
- France May Ban Dieudonné's 'Anti-Semitic' Comedy
December 27 2013 9:37 PM
Officials in France are pursuing a legal way to ban the controversial comedian Dieudonné from performing material they have dubbed "anti-Semitic" in the country.
- Snowden Unloads In Moscow Interview
December 24 2013 2:25 AM
In an interview with The Washington Post, Snowden reflected on his life as a fugitive and the fallout of his revelations.
- Mikhail Kalashnikov: The Man Behind The Gun
December 23 2013 2:12 PM
The designer of the most famous firearm in history is dead at 94. In Russia, Kalashnikov was a hero, and these images definitely show it.
- Dog Bites Man: One-Half Of Pakistani MPs Pay No Taxes
December 23 2013 1:23 PM
The revelations could potentially endanger the disbursement of billions of dollars in foreign aid.
- Want Some US Military Hardware At Bargain Prices?
December 23 2013 10:37 AM
After nearly 13 years of fighting, the American military is finding it hard to get their equipment out of Afghanistan, so they're having a sale!
- What Putin Hopes To Achieve By Freeing Pussy Riot Members
December 23 2013 4:52 AM
Nadezhda Tolokonnikova followed bandmate Maria Alyokhina to freedom on Monday, as part of President Vladimir Putin's amnesty drive.
- Memories Of A Far-Right Extremist: The Transformation Of Joseph Pearce
December 21 2013 10:47 AM
The author and college professor was once a member of the National Front, Britain's most notorious far-right political group.
- Smethwick: English Town That Tried To Stop Non-Whites From Buying Homes
December 20 2013 10:41 AM
The immigrants were attracted to plentiful jobs in the factories and foundries in Smethwick.
- Why Were Americans Denied Bank Accounts Overseas?
December 20 2013 10:03 AM
It’s unclear whether the problem is isolated or systemic.
- Mikhail Khodorkovsky Released From Prison
December 20 2013 7:18 AM
The former oil tycoon and Putin’s foe, who was convicted on charges of tax evasion and embezzlement, received a presidential pardon.
- EU Seeks To Ban Cloned Livestock, But Not Meat, Milk From Their Offspring
December 18 2013 1:53 PM
The Commission further noted that the process of cloning is still far too expensive to make it economically viable for food production.
- France, A Country Without Hope And No Future: MP
December 14 2013 12:56 PM
The rural French are particularly angry with the Paris government.
- How EuroMaidan Reflects Ukraine’s Dance Between East And West
December 13 2013 5:55 PM
Ukraine may be edging away from Russian orbit, but there's more than the desire to join Europe behind the million-strong EuroMaidan protest.
- Serbia Wants To Get Into Europe. Does It Have What It Takes?
December 13 2013 5:01 PM
It was once the manufacturing hub of the Balkans, and wants to be back in the European fold. Problem is, they're still digging up bones.
- In Britain, Birds Defeat Humans, Sort Of
December 13 2013 11:30 AM
The confiscation of the Hicks’ farm raises some complex legal questions as well as questions about the jurisdiction of the EU.
- Pope Francis Criticizes High CEO Salaries
December 12 2013 12:12 PM
In his first message since being named Person of the Year, Pope Francis attacked out-of-control corporate salaries.