- Drawing Parallels: Zimbabwe’s Mugabe And Italy’s Andreotti
August 22 2013 12:45 PM
Between 1972 and 1992, Giulio Andreotti was PM of Italy seven times.
- Secret Life Of Syrian WMDs: How Europe Sold Chemicals To Syria
August 22 2013 11:27 AM
Go figure: Europe is angry that Syria is using the horrific weapons it enabled them to make.
- Not In My Backyard: N. England Sikhs Protest Halal Meat Plant Next To Gurdwara
August 21 2013 1:49 PM
Sikhs, many of whom are vegetarian, objected strenuously to the proposed meat facility.
- Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters Calls For Musicians To Boycott Israel
August 21 2013 11:30 AM
Waters has long campaigned against what he perceives as Israel’s unjust treatment of Palestinians.
- Man Who Had Sex With Goat Banned From British Farms
August 20 2013 11:23 AM
A judge ordered Robert Newman, who had sex with a goat, to stay away from farm animals. He also has a 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. curfew.
- UK Government Gone To ‘Terrifying Place’ In Reaction To Snowden: Privacy Advocates
August 20 2013 11:15 AM
The British government has taken frightening steps to stop press coverage of Edward Snowden's leaks. But is the U.S. complicit?
- CIA Admits To Iran 1953 Coup
August 19 2013 3:36 PM
What occurred in 1953 planted the seeds of anti-American hatred in Iran and across the Middle East.
- Anonymous Hacks UK Gov't Site After Detention of Glenn Greenwald's Partner
August 19 2013 12:21 PM
The hacktivist collective hacked a U.K. website in response to the detention of the Guardian journalist's partner at Heathrow.
- Pakistani Surgeon Hasnat Khan: The True Love Of The Tragic Princess Diana?
August 19 2013 10:59 AM
Diana met Khan at the Royal Brompton Hospital London in 1995 (one year before her divorce from Prince Charles was finalized).
- World Humanitarian Day 2013: UN Celebrates Humanitarian Aid Workers With 'Word Market'
August 19 2013 9:40 AM
Monday, Aug. 19, is World Humanitarian Day. The U.N. celebrates the day this year with a new project called the "word market," which raises money for the Global Humanitarian Fund
- Guardian Journalist’s Partner Detained At London Airport
August 19 2013 5:50 AM
The Brazilian partner of The Guardian journalist Glenn Greenwald, who reported on NSA surveillance, was detained by UK officials at Heathrow.
- EU Requests WTO To Rule On Chinese Anti-Dumping Duties On Steel Products
August 17 2013 5:12 PM
The EU asked the WTO to rule in a dispute over anti-dumping duties imposed by China on imports of steel tubes from Europe.
- Yelena Isinbayeva: Controversial Russian Athlete Member Of One Of World’s Most Obscure Ethnic Groups
August 16 2013 2:24 PM
The Tabasaran are principally Sunni Muslims (a faith they adopted sometime in the 8th or 9th century following the Arab conquest of the region.
- Jacques Verges, Defender Of Mass Murderers, Nazi War Criminals, Communist Terrorists, Dies In Paris
August 16 2013 10:31 AM
Verges, admired for his brilliance, nonetheless baffled and enraged many observers by defending despicable clients.
- Game Of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke Dragged Into Russian Politics
August 16 2013 6:11 AM
Russian politician Yakov Silin has a PR issue on his hands after one of his campaign ads featured actress Emilia Clarke as a local woman.
- Car Bomb In Southern Beirut Kills At Least 16, Injures Hundreds
August 15 2013 5:33 PM
The explosion was the latest security incident in Lebanon stemming from the civil war in neighboring Syria.
- The Last Hanging: Fifty Years Ago Scotland Executed Henry Burnett For Murder
August 15 2013 10:31 AM
No Scotsman has since been hanged since Henry Burnett in August 1963.
- Meet Nick Symmonds, Runner Who Decried Russia’s Anti-LGBT Laws
August 14 2013 3:37 PM
American runner Nick Symmonds spoke out against Russia's "anti-gay propaganda" laws after winning a silver medal at the World Championships Tuesday in Moscow.
- Obama Going To Sweden: Is Scandinavian State A ‘High-Risk’ Destination?
August 14 2013 1:40 PM
President Obama is visiting Sweden only after canceling plans to meet with Russia President Putin in Moscow.
- Sky News Cameraman Killed In Egypt Violence
August 14 2013 9:45 AM
Mick Deane of Sky News was shot and killed in Cairo, The rest of the cameraman's team was unhurt, the network said.