- Russians Move Beyond Crimea, Ukrainians Say
March 10 2014 11:34 PM
Residents of a village just north of the Crimea say the troops showed up last week and may have planted landmines.
- Will NATO Exercise On Russia's Border Anger Moscow?
March 10 2014 8:19 PM
The three-week training exercise on the Russia-Norway border was planned before the Ukraine crisis, NATO says.
- Gas Weapon - Ukraine Facing Enormous Price Hike From Russia
March 10 2014 8:22 AM
Russia has historically used its energy resources as a political tool to exert influence, but now those resources may get in its way.
- US Sends Fighter Jets to Poland, Baltic States
March 09 2014 9:55 PM
Poland has 48 F-16 fighters but the Baltic states -- Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania -- look to NATO for serious defense capabilities.
- Crimea, Russia And The West
March 09 2014 1:06 PM
Russia’s takeover of Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula paradoxically is likely to weaken, rather than strengthen, its regional influence.
- Ukraine Struggles To Solve Old Problems - Quickly
March 08 2014 4:23 PM
Ukrainian economic leaders, oligarchs and average citizens debate how to forestall economic ruin.
- See Sevastopol From The Air
March 07 2014 9:18 PM
It's no wonder tourists seek out the Crimean city's warmth and beauty.
- Europe To Ukraine: We Have Your (Natural Gas) Back
March 07 2014 4:31 PM
Almost half of Europe's natural gas from Russia passes through Ukraine. Now Russian state-owned energy company Gazprom wants to stop the flow.
- US Navy Ship In Black Sea As Ukraine, Russia Tension Rises
March 07 2014 1:55 PM
The U.S. Navy said the deployment is part of a "routine" exercise.
- Here's Your Next Chance To See Edward Snowden Speak
March 07 2014 10:18 AM
The man the U.S. government would really like to get its hands on will answer questions from the public on Monday.
- Will Italy’s Hunger For Russian Gas Weaken The Ukraine Coalition?
March 06 2014 1:35 PM
Italy's new government has been in office two weeks and already it faces a crisis: How not to antagonize the provider of much of Italy's energy?
- Moldova, Ukraine's Neighbor, Also Fears The Kremlin
March 06 2014 12:20 PM
Moldova is one of the smallest economies in Europe which depends heavily on natural gas from Russia
- The 18 Ukrainians Whose Assets Were Frozen By The EU
March 06 2014 11:39 AM
Deposed President Viktor Yanukovych may have embezzled almost $37 billion of Ukrainian state funds, but what about his cronies?
- Crimea Parliament Votes To Join Russia, Sets Referendum
March 06 2014 8:13 AM
Moscow-backed government sets a referendum within 10 days on the decision.
- Russia Today Anchor Quits On Air Over Invasion Of Ukraine
March 05 2014 6:47 PM
RT America anchor Liz Wahl resigned while live on air Wednesday as a response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Ukraine's Military Capabilities - Strengths And Weaknesses
March 05 2014 5:09 PM
If an armed conflict breaks out between Ukraine and Russia, what capability does Ukraine have to wage a fight?
- Turkey's Crimea Connection - Why Istanbul Cares About Ukraine
March 05 2014 12:40 PM
Turkey has become a Black Sea region power, and Russia's deployment of more troops in Crimea and Ukraine has Turkish officials worried.
- Unmarked Troops in Simferopol: Shady, But Illegal?
March 04 2014 5:52 PM
Soldiers don't have to wear national insignia to conform to the laws of war, if they still clearly look like soldiers.
- Russia Staging Anti-Semitic Provocations: Chief Rabbi
March 04 2014 3:59 PM
Putin's justifications for invasion have been disputed by a Kiev rabbi.
- Ukraine Protests: A Revolution Painted Blue And Yellow
March 04 2014 3:18 PM
There is some mystery about the origins of the nation's color scheme.