- David Haines Beheaded By ISIS: Reports
September 13 2014 6:41 PM
The 44-year-old British aid worker and father of two was kidnapped in 2013.
- 'No' Vote Still Has Edge On Scottish Independence Issue
September 13 2014 5:32 PM
Newspaper mogul Rupert Murdoch says Scotland is "alive" with debate on the independence issue.
- Russia Wants To 'Re-Establish Soviet Union,' Ukraine PM Says
September 13 2014 7:19 AM
Arseniy Yatsenyuk made the comment after Europe decided to implement new sanctions against Russia over Ukraine.
- Russian Bodies Returning From Ukraine, Despite Official Denials Of War
September 13 2014 3:39 AM
Despite denials that Russian troops are in Ukraine, families with children in the Russian military are coping with 'mysterious' deaths.
- Why Are HIV Rates So High In Russia?
September 13 2014 2:34 AM
Ten years ago, 170,000 people in the Russian Federation had human immunodeficiency virus. The estimated number now is 1.2 million.
- Undercover Footage Shows Monkey Brain Experiments In Germany
September 12 2014 8:33 PM
A man posing as a worker at an animal testing laboratory in Germany filmed secret footage of monkeys being experimented on.
- The Name 'ISIS' Is Already Taken, By The US Government
September 12 2014 6:23 PM
It turns out the U.S. Air Force has a program called ISIS, which stands for Integrated Sensor is Structure. Now what?
- Germany Bans Islamic State After Hundreds Of Residents Enlist
September 12 2014 8:02 AM
Last month, Islamic State supporters attacked a group of Yazidis in the town of Herford, in western Germany.
- Scottish Independence Support Slips With Days To Go: Poll
September 12 2014 6:02 AM
Pollsters YouGov and TNS have shown a surge in support for independence since late August.
- EU Imposes New Economic Sanctions On Russia
September 12 2014 5:04 AM
The European Union has held out an olive branch, however, by saying it could lift some or even all of the sanctions within weeks.
- China Offers Russia 'Helping Hand' Against 'External Challenges'
September 12 2014 2:23 AM
Russia is looking to strengthen relations, as well as find new customers for its natural resources, in Asia, as relations sour with the West.
- Five Hurdles Scotland Will Need To Jump With A 'Yes' Vote
September 11 2014 1:44 PM
After the independence celebrations die down, Scottish nationalists would have a lot to sort out.
- Poles Say Russia Curbs Gas Flows Over Ukraine Crisis
September 11 2014 1:13 PM
Warsaw said the volume of gas from Russia dropped by 45 percent, though Russia's Gazprom denied it had cut supplies.
- North Korea Comes Out For Scottish Independence?
September 11 2014 11:55 AM
An editor at a leading pro-DPRK newspaper believes trade ties between North Korea and an independent Scotland would flourish.
- Scotland Independence: What It Means For British Royal Family
September 11 2014 10:37 AM
A recent poll found that 46 percent of Scots who support independence also want to dump the royal family.
- New Russian Sanctions Threaten Exxon, BP Oil Ties
September 11 2014 10:07 AM
If enacted, the sanctions would bar Western oil and gas firms from working with Russia in the Arctic, deep seas or shale formations.
- Iran Tells West To Abandon 'Illogical Demands'
September 11 2014 9:05 AM
Iran has so far managed to win some concessions from Western nations by promising to scale back its nuclear program.
- Royal Bank Of Scotland To Scotland: Leave UK And We Leave You
September 11 2014 12:49 AM
Lloyds and RBS, whose registered offices are in Edinburgh, have warned that Scottish independence would pose a big risk to their businesses.
- European Jews Are All Cousins
September 10 2014 5:49 PM
A new study shows that Ashkenazi Jews originated from a population of 350 people.
- Russia Fires Nuclear Missile, Hits Target 3,500 Miles Away
September 10 2014 12:00 PM
The Bulava missile was fired from a Russian submarine near Finland and it hit a target near Japan.