- NSA Chief Offered To Resign Over Snowden Scandal: Report
November 25 2013 5:53 AM
Administration officials refused his offer, fearing doing so would hand Edward Snowden a win and would not resolve any security issues.
- In Prospering Morocco, What Arab Spring?
November 22 2013 3:36 PM
King Mohammed IV of Morocco arrives in Washington to see President Obama as the country seeks to grow its business ties to America.
- How A Young Irish Group From Liverpool Helped Saved The World From Sorrow
November 22 2013 1:23 PM
On the day JFK died, The Beatles released their second album.
- Russia's Central Bank Revoked License From A Putin-Tied Bank
November 22 2013 11:04 AM
Russia's central bank has just slapped down a firm closely tied to strongman Putin.
- No Gypsies Please: Sweden Sues Statoil For Discriminating Against Roma
November 22 2013 7:04 AM
About 120,000 Roma live in Sweden.
- Latvia Supermarket Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 45, Rescue Work Continues [Photos]
November 22 2013 6:49 AM
The tragedy has become the nation’s worst disaster since it regained independence in 1991.
- Weapons Of Mass Seduction: Swedish Underwear Co. Hands Out Hot-Pink Panties In North Korea
November 21 2013 11:51 AM
After an online contest voted Pyongyang as the destination most in need of seduction, a Swedish underwear company stepped up to the challenge.
- Reimagining The JFK Assassination In The Digital Age
November 21 2013 10:44 AM
What would have happened if President John F. Kennedy had been assassinated on Nov. 22, 2013.
- NSA Stored UK Data Under Intelligence Pact: Report
November 21 2013 6:06 AM
Documents leaked by Edward Snowden reveal that British officials allowed the NSA to scrutinize nonsuspect UK citizens’ data.
- Spanish Court Orders Arrest Of Ex-China President Jiang Zemin Over Tibet
November 20 2013 8:18 AM
Beijing rebuffed the case filed by Tibetan activists as “absurd” and demanded clarification from the Spanish government.
- 50 People Killed In Russian Boeing 737 Crash
November 17 2013 12:09 PM
There were no survivors of the jetliner crash, officials say.
- Russian Arms Dealer Loses US Defense Business
November 15 2013 11:02 AM
With the war in Syria causing diplomatic strain between the U.S. and Russia, arms deals between the two countries are souring too.
- French Priest Abducted In Cameroon, The Heart Of African Catholicism
November 14 2013 12:50 PM
French nationals have been targeted before in the region by Boko Haram.
- Stanley Kubrick's Irish Odyssey: Why The IRA Forced The Director Off The Emerald Isle
November 13 2013 6:07 AM
The IRA placed the director’s name and his family on a “hit list” because he was making a film depicting English soldiers on Irish soil.
- Man Dies After Opening 'Pandora's Box': Jason Airey's Cause Of Death Remains A Mystery
November 12 2013 12:20 PM
Jason Airey died after opening a container labeled "Pandora's box." An inquest couldn't determine why his heart stopped.
- Why Is Spain’s National Football Team Playing Friendly In Corrupt, Impoverished Equatorial Guinea?
November 12 2013 11:32 AM
Obiang, who seized power in a military coup in 1979, ranks as one of the world’s longest serving rulers.
- Sweden’s Happy Problem: Prisons Close For Lack Of Inmates
November 12 2013 10:23 AM
The number of prisoners in Swedish jails dropped by 6 percent in 2011 and again in 2012.
- Can 3 Billion Euros Help Save Drug And Crime Infested Marseille?
November 11 2013 10:22 AM
In 2012, fully one-third of all homicides recorded in France took place in Marseille.
- Kerry Hopeful After Iran Talks Stall; Netanyahu Warns
November 10 2013 3:55 PM
Kerry clung to hope Sun. for a deal to end Iran’s nuclear program, but said the U.S. would not ease sanctions.
- Former Belgian King Barely Making Ends Meet On $1.2M A Year
November 07 2013 3:07 PM
Ex-King Albert's demands are outraging Belgians, who are facing harsh austerity measures.