- EU Warns Russia: Change Course In Ukraine Or Face New Sanctions
August 30 2014 5:29 PM
Van Rompuy says new sanctions against Russia will be drawn up within a week.
- EU Could Impose New Sanctions Against Russia After 'Aggression'
August 30 2014 10:00 AM
Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko solicited EU support Saturday during discussions of his country's conflict with pro-Russian separatists.
- Ukrainian Officers Blow Themselves Up, Killing 12 Russian Paratroopers
August 30 2014 1:27 AM
Two wounded majors reportedly refused to accept capture by Russian troops during fighting in the Donetsk region of Ukraine.
- Putin Tells West: 'Don't Mess' With Nuclear-Armed Russia
August 30 2014 12:38 AM
"I want to remind you that Russia is one of the most powerful nuclear nations. This is a reality," the Russian president said Friday.
- IMF Board Stands By Lagarde Amid French Corruption Probe
August 29 2014 5:58 PM
French magistrates have put Lagarde under formal investigation for "negligence" after questioning her for a fourth time.
- NATO Postpones Any Response To Russia To Next Week
August 29 2014 4:24 PM
As the crisis in Ukraine worsens, NATO is waiting until next week to decide whether to take any action in the face of an aggressive Russia.
- Ukraine's NATO Bid: Other Ex-USSR Nations Are Already In
August 29 2014 1:17 PM
After more than 20 years as an independent country, Ukraine looks to join NATO. Other ex-Soviet nations already have.
- Ukraine Will Seek NATO Membership, Says Prime Minister
August 29 2014 9:17 AM
The move is sure to rile up Russia, which is under increasing international pressure to end its direct support of pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine.
- U.S. May Use Secrets Act To Stop Lawsuit Against Iran Sanctions Group
August 29 2014 3:22 AM
U.S. government lawyers have said that information related to UANI in the lawsuit could jeopardize law enforcement activities.
- Pro-Russian Militias Agree To Open 'Humanitarian Corridors' In Ukraine
August 29 2014 2:42 AM
The separatists say they will allow civilians and government troops who lay dow their arms to leave, following a request from Vladimir Putin.
- Obama Stops Short Of Calling Russian Move An ‘Invasion’
August 28 2014 5:19 PM
The president says a "military solution to this problem is not going to be forthcoming.”
- Russia's Ukraine 'Invasion' Violates Pact, Experts Say
August 28 2014 3:55 PM
Russia may have broken the 20-year-old Budapest Memorandum, which protects Ukraine's integrity, and NATO could decide to react.
- UN Security Council Live Stream: 'Irrefutable Evidence" Of Russian Involvement
August 28 2014 2:29 PM
The international community decides what to do as NATO and Ukraine provide evidence of a Russian incursion into Ukraine.
- 'We Are Capable Of Protecting Ourselves'
August 28 2014 10:20 AM
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has confirmed that Russia has breached its borders and hinted at a possible international response.
- NATO Says Over 1,000 Russian Troops Inside Ukraine's Borders
August 28 2014 6:45 AM
Russia has denied Ukraine's claims and said that it's not involved in “Ukraine hostilities.”
- Hollande Rules Out Assad As Ally Against Islamic State
August 28 2014 5:11 AM
Syrian rebel forces have been fighting Assad for more than three years with political backing from the West in a war that has cost 190,000 lives.
- Russia-Made Battle Tanks, Experts Claim, Are Now Inside Ukraine
August 28 2014 1:58 AM
A video shows a convoy of tanks, which Ukraine and the U.S. claim are from Russia, moving through Luhansk.
- Anti-Independence Appeal To Women Flops In Scotland
August 27 2014 8:35 PM
A video which has been described as patronizing and sexist threatens to derail the pro-UK campaign.
- New Front In Southeast Ukraine; West Accuses Russia
August 27 2014 6:53 PM
Artillery, troops and armor attacked Ukrainian forces along the Sea of Azov, from a position locals say could only be reached from Russia.
- More Malaysia Airlines Woes: Alleged In-Flight Sexual Assault
August 27 2014 12:05 PM
Struggling to recover from the disasters of MH370 and MH17, Malaysia Airlines has been hit with allegations of an in-flight assault by a crew member.