- Benjamin Netanyahu’s proposal for direct talks between Israel and Palestinian representatives was rejected by the latter.
- Reports earlier Tuesday claimed that Egyptian forensic officials suspected a blast on board EgyptAir Flight 804, based on the body parts recovered from the crash site.
- Conservative Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu turned his back on a deal to bring the center-left into his coalition, instead joining hands with a far-right nationalist.
- The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for multiple bomb attacks in two Syrian cities on the Mediterranean coast.
- During the plane’s journey through the Middle East, Africa and Europe, the plane flew to five different airports, including Paris and Cairo.