Middle East Politics
- 30 Killed By Suicide Blast In Pakistan
June 18 2013 3:50 PM
A suicide bomber targeted the funeral of a local businessman in northern Pakistan, killing 30, including one local legislator.
- Afghan Officials In Peace Talks With Taliban In Qatar
June 18 2013 10:18 AM
Afghan President Karzai announced at a handover ceremony Tuesday that the Afghan government will begin to engage with the Taliban.
- Libya, Armed And Dangerous, Exports War On The Black Market
June 18 2013 5:47 AM
Libya may have more weapons than the British army arsenal. What does that mean for Syria?
- US Public Overwhelming Opposes Obama, Allies Arming Syrian Rebels
June 17 2013 3:57 PM
Americans say the military has too much on it plates and also worry Syria's anti-government groups may be no better than the government.
- Should EU Accept Turkey Despite Deadly Protest Crackdowns?
June 17 2013 1:20 PM
Some say Turkey is an economic powerhouse needed to recharge the EU's economy, but more say it isn't ready.
- US OK With Results Of Iran Election
June 17 2013 11:54 AM
The U.S. congratulated Iran President-elect Rowhani among hopes that the moderate win will change Iran's course.
- Turkish Protesters Get Creative To Abate Tear Gas Effects
June 17 2013 11:47 AM
Protesters in Istanbul found a creative way to deal with tear gas fired by Riot Police. Using water cooler jugs, protesters turn the gas from a major problem to minor annoyance.
- Where In The World Is The New York Times' Declan Walsh?
June 17 2013 11:03 AM
The Islamabad bureau chief, kicked out of Pakistan, has resurfaced nearly 12,000 miles away.
- Hakeem Olajuwon: NBA Legend Loves Jordan … The Mideast Country
June 17 2013 10:29 AM
After retiring from the NBA in 2002, Hakeem Olajuwon and his family moved to Amman, Jordan, where they spend much of every year.
- Russia Says No To Syria No-Fly Zone, Again
June 17 2013 8:41 AM
Russia is maintaining its firm pro-Assad government stance, despite increasing opposition from member nations at the upcoming G-8 summit.
- Turkey Labor Union Strike Jolts Financial Markets, Lira
June 17 2013 7:59 AM
Turkey labor unions call for a nationwide protest on Monday against police crackdown on protesters, weakening lira and financial markets.
- Bomb Explodes Near Military Airport Outside Damascus
June 16 2013 6:29 PM
A car-bomb explosion is believed to be the cause of a fire near a military airport outside Damascus Sunday night.