- Maestro Valery Gergiev and Russia's Marinsky Theater will host a concert in the ancient city of Palmyra.
- Maj. Gen. Yair Golan had, on Wednesday, drawn parallels between the “revolting processes” in Nazi Germany and elements in present-day Israel.
- Unicef reported the findings ahead of the launch of its emergency education fund aimed at raising nearly $4 billion over five years to reach 13.6 million children in crisis-hit areas.
- Israel halted commercial traffic through Erez in 2000, after a Palestinian revolt erupted, and only passenger transit has been allowed since.
- American slackliner Heather Larsen makes history as she walks a narrow web line stretched between Jerusalem's ancient towers.