- Iranian Drones Watching Iraqi Crisis Unfold
June 25 2014 11:20 AM
Iran and the U.S. are both working with the Iraqi government to repel ISIS fighters but deny they are working together.
- Maliki Says No To Emergency Government
June 25 2014 8:05 AM
Maliki said the formation of an emergency government would "steal the votes of the voters."
- Militants Attack Iraq Air Base, US Assessment Teams Deploy
June 25 2014 6:32 AM
John Kerry urged leaders of Iraq's autonomous Kurdish region on Tuesday to stand with Baghdad in the face of the onslaught.
- At Least 5 Wounded In Cairo Explosions: Reuters
June 25 2014 3:59 AM
Explosions hit Ghamra metro station in central Cairo and a northern district of Greater Cairo, according to state television and security sources.
- ISIS Brutally Attacks Northern Iraqi Villages
June 24 2014 6:11 PM
Attacks by ISIS on predominantly Shiite villages near Kirkuk signal a widening sectarian war, but Baghdad's story is overshadowing it.
- Egypt's President Says Will Not Interfere In Judicial Rulings
June 24 2014 6:54 AM
Three journalists were each jailed for seven years on Monday for aiding a "terrorist organisation."
- Israel Says Assad Forces Behind Golan Attack
June 24 2014 3:26 AM
The Syrian army has a presence in Golan Heights but many areas are controlled by rebels, including militant groups hostile to the Jewish state.
- NATO Officials To Discuss Iraq, Ukraine Crises
June 24 2014 1:59 AM
In Iraq ISIS has moved fast to seize control of large parts of the country, while violence in eastern Ukraine has raged on for months.
- Kerry's Middle East Debacle
June 23 2014 5:03 PM
One day after the U.S. restored military ties with Egypt, three al Jazeera journalists were given long prison sentences in the country.
- ISIS Extends Fight To Iranian Border: Social Media Report
June 23 2014 3:33 PM
The attack marks the first time the militant group has expanded its efforts to create an Islamic caliphate beyond the borders of Iraq and Syria.
- Turkey Fears Autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan
June 23 2014 3:23 PM
An independent Kurdistan in Iraq threatens the ability of the Turkish government to keep control over its own Kurdish minority.
- US Condemns Sentencing Of Al-Jazeera Journalists
June 23 2014 2:33 PM
The White House has called on Egypt to pardon the journalists or commute their sentences.
- ISIS Apparel And Action Figures For Sale
June 23 2014 2:03 PM
Indonesian retailers are cashing in on the Iraq crisis by selling ISIS merchandise, including "We Are All ISIS" T-shirts, online.
- Young Al-Jazeera Journalist Baher Mohamed Sentenced To 10 Years
June 23 2014 10:30 AM
Baher Mohamed was a young journalist getting his career started when he was arrested in Cairo last year. He was sentenced Monday to 10 years in an Egyptian prison.
- Israeli Airstrikes On Syrian Army Posts In Golan Heights Kill 10
June 23 2014 8:30 AM
The attack by Israel on Syrian army posts follows a blast in Golan Heights that killed an Israeli teenager Sunday.
- Egypt Sentences Award-Winning Journalist To Prison
June 23 2014 8:23 AM
Peter Greste, who holds dual Australian and Latvian citizenship, won a prestigious Peabody Award in 2011.
- ISIS Takes Over Tal Afar
June 23 2014 8:15 AM
The Iraqi government denied witness accounts that security forces fled Tal Afar.
- Sentencing Of Al-Jazeera Journalists Met With Widespread Criticism
June 23 2014 8:02 AM
"Journalism is not a crime" has been a popular refrain among those outraged at the sentence.
- Kerry Presses Maliki As Iraq Loses Control Of Syrian, Jordanian borders
June 23 2014 7:51 AM
Capturing the frontier is a dramatic step toward the goal of building a caliphate across swathes of Syria and Iraq.
- Egypt Court Jails Al Jazeera Journalists For 7-10 Years
June 23 2014 6:26 AM
Another 11 defendants were sentenced in absentia to 10 years.