- Iran Wants Nuclear Deal In 3 To 6 Months: Rouhani
September 26 2013 6:04 AM
President Rouhani said he was authorized by Iran’s Supreme Leader to reach an agreement with the West over Tehran’s nuclear program.
- Did Iran's Hassan Rouhani Acknowledge The Holocaust?
September 26 2013 2:32 AM
President Hassan Rouhani's remarks, which came during a CNN interview, have been subject to various interpretations.
- Kurdistan Election: Who Are The Players? What Are The Stakes?
September 25 2013 5:51 AM
What makes the political climate in Kurdistan so unusual is that it is not a fully independent sovereign nation.
- Israel Creates Fake LinkedIn Page For Iranian President
September 24 2013 7:47 PM
The Israeli embassy in Washington tweeted a link to a picture of a fake LinkedIn Profile, mocking Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.
- Obama Describes Possible 'Different Relationship' With Iran
September 24 2013 11:01 AM
At the U.N. General Assembly, the U.S. president prepares the ground for what looks like a warming of relations with Tehran.
- We Won't Meet With Iran's President Rouhani: US Persian Jews
September 24 2013 10:50 AM
Speculation is rising that Rouhani could potentially meet with U.S. President Barack Obama, at least briefly.
- Egypt Court Bans Muslim Brotherhood
September 24 2013 1:52 AM
The ban is the latest blow to the Brotherhood, Egypt’s oldest and largest Islamist movement, from the military-backed government’s crackdown.
- Guess Who’s Coming To The UN? Iran Bringing Sole Jewish MP To New York
September 23 2013 8:44 AM
Under the 1906 constitution of Iran, Jews are allowed one reserved seat in parliament, a practice that continued even after the 1979 Revolution.
- OPCW Begins Probe On Syria’s Chemical Weapons Disclosure
September 21 2013 10:33 AM
The international watchdog organization said it is examining the chemical weapon program details submitted by Syria.
- The Muslims Of Mexico In The Shadow Of Zapatistas
September 20 2013 3:00 PM
The Mexican state of Chiapas is an island of Islam in a country characterized by Catholicism, which has led to the creation of a hybrid culture.
- Iran's Rouhani Strikes Dovish Note, Offers To Broker Syria Peace Talks
September 20 2013 5:06 AM
Rouhani reached out to the U.S. and its allies ahead of his visit to New York next week to attend the U.N. General Assembly summit.
- Downtown Damascus From The Inside: Life, And The Odd Mortar Strike [SLIDESHOW]
September 19 2013 4:22 PM
As the U.S. contemplated a military strike against Syria, then opted for a diplomatic solution, this is what things looked like inside Damascus.
- Syria Will Need A Year To Destroy Its Chemical Weapons: Assad
September 19 2013 7:38 AM
Bashar Assad said dismantling the country's chemical weapons will be “complicated” and require “a lot of money.”
- Do Jordan And China Have A Solution For Syrian Crisis?
September 18 2013 10:36 AM
Unlikely partners agree to "in-depth exchange of views" on Syria and other regional issues.
- US Set To Seize Manhattan Building Linked To Iran
September 18 2013 4:11 AM
The Justice Department said the building is secretly owned by Iran and that it has been used to transfer funds to Iran's Bank Melli.
- UN Confirms Use Of Chemical Weapons In Syria
September 17 2013 1:35 AM
A UN report examined blood, urine, hair, soil and rocket samples and found 85 percent of blood samples tested positive for sarin.
- After Syrian Deal, US Tells Israel Not To Worry About Iran
September 16 2013 2:15 AM
John Kerry flew to Israel to brief Prime Minister Netanyahu, who expressed skepticism over the U.S. deal to secure Syrian chemical weapons.
- Obama, Rouhani On Speaking Terms Over Syria
September 15 2013 11:45 AM
As Iran and Britain plan to mend wounds, U.S. President Obama says he has communicated with Iran’s new leader.
- Senators Discuss Potential Actions Against Syria On 'Meet The Press' [VIDEO]
September 15 2013 11:40 AM
Sens. Robert Menendez and Roy Blunt appeared on "Meet The Press" to discuss the potential consequences of action against Syria. Watch the interview here.
- Obama, Putin, Assad All Hail Deal Averting US Attack
September 15 2013 11:01 AM
The deal to decommission Syrian chemical weapons has been hailed a win-win-win. The losers: Syrian civilians.