- Terrorist Posts Photo Of Young Son Holding Syrian Soldier's Head
August 11 2014 11:11 AM
The photo was condemned by Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott and U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, among others.
- Another Turkish Flotilla To Challenge Gaza Blockade
August 11 2014 11:02 AM
"The responsibility falls on civil society to challenge the Israeli blockade on Gaza," the Humanitarian Relief Foundation said.
- White House Will Let Pentagon Arm Iraqi Kurds
August 11 2014 10:51 AM
The Obama administration is close to approving a plan that would allow the Pentagon to sell weapons directly to Kurdish forces.
- US Directly Supplying Arms To Kurdish Forces: Report
August 11 2014 8:30 AM
The Obama administration is also reportedly closing in on an approval from the Pentagon to arm Kurdish forces.
- Afghan Army Kills At Least 51 Taliban In 24-Hour Operation
August 11 2014 7:26 AM
Eight militants were injured and another eight were arrested during the 24-hour crackdown on the Taliban.
- War Tweets Make Gaza Teen A Social Media Phenomenon
August 11 2014 7:15 AM
While the U.S. and other Western countries have classified Hamas as a terrorist group, Baker says it defends people.
- Egypt Refuses Entry To Human Rights Watch Officials
August 11 2014 6:22 AM
HRW officials wanted to release a report on the alleged mass killing of over 800 people last year by forces loyal to Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
- Iraq-Syria Conflict Draws Australian Extremists
August 11 2014 4:42 AM
The son of a convicted Australian who escaped to Syria was photographed holding a soldier's severed head.
- Gaza Truce Talks Begin In Cairo
August 11 2014 4:08 AM
A month of war has killed 1,910 Palestinians and 67 Israelis while devastating wide tracts of densely populated Gaza.
- Hillary Clinton Blames Obama For Rise Of Islamic State
August 11 2014 2:26 AM
Clinton is widely believed to be preparing for a presidential run in 2016 and distancing herself from Obama's foreign policy moves.
- Al-Maliki Accuses New President Of Violating Constitution
August 11 2014 1:17 AM
Al-Maliki, whose party won the most seats in April's elections, is seeking a third term as prime minister of the strife-torn country.
- Hamas, Israel Agree To New 72-Hour Cease-Fire
August 10 2014 10:58 PM
New 72-hour cease-fire between Hamas and Israel has begun.
- Kurds Recapture 2 Towns From Islamic State Militants
August 10 2014 8:53 PM
U.S. officials caution airstrikes have a limited purpose and are not part of a wider campaign.
- Erdoğan Wins First Direct President Election In Turkey
August 10 2014 8:36 PM
Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdoğan won the nation's first direct presidential election on Sunday.
- Gaza Fighting Prompts Spike in Demand for Sperm
August 10 2014 6:37 PM
The increased demand for specialized sperm follows a significant decrease in the sperm quality of men in Israel and the world.
- King, Graham Call For More Response In Iraq
August 10 2014 3:43 PM
State Department pulled personnel from the U.S. Consulate in Arbil, the capital of the Kurdish region in northern Iraq.
- Saudi Arabia Jails Four For Seeking To Fight In Syria
August 10 2014 1:13 PM
King Abdullah decreed in February citizens involved in fighting overseas faced up to 20 years in prison.
- Opposition Candidate Concedes Election To Erdogan
August 10 2014 12:59 PM
Opposition candidate congratulates Erdogan on win.
- Turkey's Erdogan Takes Early Lead In Presidential Race: TV
August 10 2014 11:45 AM
It's the first direct presidential election.
- Palestinians And Israel Agree To Egypt-Backed 72-Hour Cease-Fire
August 10 2014 11:38 AM
Palestine and Israel have agreed to a 72-hour cease-fire.