- The Life Of A Damascus Family, Awaiting A US Strike
September 07 2013 9:04 AM
As the world debates intervention, one Damascus family’s routine reflects the nation’s turmoil and dread.
- Syrian Concerns May Hike Middle East Military Spending
September 06 2013 3:46 PM
British giant BAE Systems and other defense suppliers that sell to Middle Eastern governments like Saudi Arabia stand to benefit strongly.
- US, 10 Others On Syria: We Support UN, But Won’t Wait For It
September 06 2013 11:19 AM
At the G-20 summit in Russia, 11 nations issued a strongly worded statement on Syria. Russia, China and India weren’t among them.
- Frustrated By Russian Veto, US Grows Impatient About Syria
September 06 2013 4:51 AM
The U.S. might be edging closer to bypassing the UN Security Council’s vote and proceeding with a unilateral attack on Syria.
- Pentagon Identifying Targets In Syria
September 06 2013 1:42 AM
If the U.S. stands down now, it could send the wrong message to Iran, North Korea, Hezbollah and other hostile entities, officials say.
- Iran Ordered Iraqi Militants To Attack US Interests In Baghdad: US Official
September 06 2013 1:30 AM
If the U.S. were to attack Syria, Iraqi militant groups, prompted by Iran, could target U.S. interests in Baghdad, an intercept reveals.
- No, Hassan Rouhani Didn't Wish Jews A 'Blessed Rosh Hashanah'
September 05 2013 11:33 AM
The new president of the Islamic Republic of Iran never wished Jews a happy Rosh Hashanah on Twitter: the eyebrow-raising tweet fooled the media.
- President Obama, His Mind On Syria, Honors Swedish Hero Raoul Wallenberg
September 04 2013 2:33 PM
President Obama delivered a speech ahead of the G20 summit in Russia, and mentioned one man's name that you may have never heard of.
- Putin's Stance On Syria Shifts, But Warns US Against Unilateral Strike
September 04 2013 8:20 AM
Moscow would back a military strike against Syria if it is convinced Bashar Assad's regime was behind a chemical weapons attack in Damascus.
- Unilateral Action Against Syria Will Violate UN Charter: Ban Ki-moon
September 04 2013 2:42 AM
As President Obama moves closer to Congressional approval for a military strike, Ban Ki-moon calls for Security Council-sanctioned action.
- US Majority Opposes Strike On Syria: Poll
September 03 2013 11:26 PM
Most Americans across the political spectrum opposed a U.S. strike against Syria and also the supplying of weapons to its rebels.
- Russia Claims Missiles Fired At Syria; US Denies Test-Firing
September 03 2013 6:40 AM
Two ballistic missiles detected by Russian radar, fired toward Syria, fall into the sea. U.S. denies reports that it test-fired the missiles.
- McCain Meets Obama, Backs Strike Against Syria
September 02 2013 6:08 PM
The Arizona senator says it would be "catastrophic" were Congress to refuse authorization.
- Opposing Naval Forces Converge On Mideast
September 02 2013 1:18 PM
Iran boosts its navy while U.S. and Russian ships move into the eastern Mediterranean for a possible U.S. strike on Syria.
- Syrian Electronic Army At It Again: Hacks Marine Website
September 02 2013 12:33 PM
Syrian Electronic Army continues to deface western companies and government websites as the U.S. prepares for a military strike against Syria.
- Russia Sends Spy Ship To Syrian Coast, Obama Lobbies Congress
September 02 2013 8:21 AM
Unimpressed by claims of a chemical attack, Russia sends ship to monitor Syrian coast, as President Obama lobbies Congress for a strike on Syria.
- Aircraft Carrier USS Nimitz Headed To Red Sea
September 02 2013 3:58 AM
The ship will offer support to the U.S. Navy’s six warships operating in the Mediterranean Sea, in the event of a strike on Syria.
- Ousted Egyptian President To Be Tried For Incitement To Kill
September 01 2013 11:24 PM
Former Egypt President Mohammed Morsi is accused of instigating the killings of demonstrators during protests last December.
- Syrians Confused, But Relieved, By US Delay Of Military Action
September 01 2013 5:21 PM
“I’ve never heard of someone declaring a military strike and then going off to talk about it,” one mystified Syrian said.
- Iran Quickly Alters Leader’s Statement Blaming Assad
September 01 2013 2:14 PM
The statement by ex-President Rafsanjani was quickly "amended" by Iranian media.