- Syria Mocks Obama; Kerry Says Assad Used Sarin
September 01 2013 12:00 PM
The Assad regime’s media trumpeted a “historic American retreat.”
- Both Doves And Hawks Question A Syria Attack
August 31 2013 4:36 PM
Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., is among those who still needs some convincing.
- In Damascus, Tense Wait For A US Strike, With No Government Help
August 31 2013 11:44 AM
Damascenes have seen a lot of war and death in years of civil war, but never a missile raid. Syria's government is doing little to prepare them.
- Russia’s Putin Dismisses US Claims Of Chemical-Weapons Use
August 31 2013 8:56 AM
Russian President Putin challenges U.S. to present evidence of Syrian government’s use of chemical weapons to the U.N. Security Council.
- In Lebanon, Citizens Role-Play With Army Commandos; In Syria And Egypt, They Battle
August 30 2013 9:05 PM
Unlike its peers in Syria and Egypt, the Lebanese military is cozying up to its citizens with “Be a Commando for a Day” exercises.
- Who Thinks It’s OK To Use Military Force Without UN Approval?
August 30 2013 3:11 PM
Nine nations out of 23 have a majority that say U.N. approval is not necessary to use military force.
- Obama, Kerry Say US Still Undecided On 'Limited, Tailored' Syria Action
August 30 2013 3:04 PM
As the week ends, Washington resorted again to harsh words against Syria, saying a strike would not look like the Iraq War.
- US Airstrike On Syria: Iran, Hezbollah Unlikely To Retaliate Against US or Israel
August 30 2013 10:43 AM
Syria's Mideast allies will tolerate a certain amount of U.S. bombardment of Syria, according to one analyst.
- Is The US Mulling Unilateral Action Against Syria?
August 30 2013 3:51 AM
Administration officials say the US government will act in the country's best interests. Pentagon says it is “past the point of no return.”
- British Parliament Rejects Attack On Syria
August 29 2013 6:11 PM
MPs defied Prime Minister David Cameron on a 285-272 vote, dealing a blow to the international coalition.
- Living And Working In Damascus Under The Threat of US Bombs
August 29 2013 5:10 PM
For a reporter covering the war in Syria, there's a sense that everyone in Damascus shares the same uncertainty.
- Pakistan, Already Suffering Doctor Shortage, Losing Physicians To Middle East
August 29 2013 10:08 AM
For Pakistani doctors the financial lure of working in Saudi Arabia and other wealthy Middle Eastern states is simply too tempting to pass up.
- US, Blocked At UN, Dismisses Need to Consult on Syria
August 28 2013 10:50 PM
Obama repeats threatening statements while Cameron faces Commons revolt on intervention.
- In The Streets of Damascus, Residents Wait and Worry
August 28 2013 9:51 AM
Many in Damascus welcome the expected attack but wonder what the outcome will be and how they can prepare for it.
- Syria Strike: How The US Might Bomb Assad
August 26 2013 10:59 PM
From B-2 stealth bombers to ship-launched cruise missiles, President Obama has many options at his disposal.
- Cyprus Buildup May Point To Attack On Syria
August 26 2013 8:40 PM
Planes are reported arriving at a British base on Cyprus, in close striking distance of Syria.
- Boehner Demands Consultation On Syria Action
August 26 2013 7:03 PM
The speaker tells the White House Congress must be consulted, and a poll confirms Americans want to stay out.
- Kerry To Syria: There Will Be Consequences For Chemical Attack
August 26 2013 4:10 PM
In what sounded like a clear warning of an impending attack on Syria, Kerry said Assad will face the outcome for his "moral obscenity."
- Syria Offers Inspection Of Possible Chemical Attack Site
August 25 2013 9:59 AM
The Assad government invites a U.N. team in, but U.S. suspects evidence has been destroyed.
- US Military Preps For Cruise-Missile Strike On Syrian Regime: Report
August 24 2013 6:22 PM
Doctors Without Borders claims 355 of about 3,600 people displaying neurotoxic symptoms have died since an alleged chemical-weapons attack.