- The Civil War Comes To This Syrian Family's Home
September 13 2013 4:17 PM
In one Damascus district, rebels have taken over apartment buildings to dig a network of underground tunnels for fighting regime troops.
- Dubai Abbey: Want A Secure, High-Paying Job?
September 12 2013 10:37 AM
"The new rich -- and the rest of the world -- are fascinated by the protocol that comes with these specific British traditions."
- Most Muslims Don’t Approve Of Islamic Extremism
September 12 2013 5:34 AM
Clear majorities of the Muslim population in many of the countries surveyed were opposed to violence in the name of Islam.
- Spared For Now From Missiles, Damascus Rejoices -- Or Does It?
September 11 2013 2:40 PM
After Obama assured the world America would wait for diplomacy before hitting Syria, Damascenes celebrated, but the sadness of war lurked.
- Which Countries Have Chemical Weapons?
September 11 2013 5:53 AM
Russia and the United States have had the two largest chemical weapons stockpiles ever owned.
- US Supplying Weapons To Syrian Rebel Forces
September 11 2013 2:20 AM
The U.S., in June, had decided to supply small arms and ammunition to Syrian rebels, but the process was delayed.
- Kurdish Girls ‘Sold’ To Egypt By Iraq's Hussein After Anfal Genocide Campaign Found
September 10 2013 2:57 PM
The girls had seen sold by Iraqi intelligence and security officials to the Egyptians to work as prostitutes, sex slaves or as dancers in nightclubs.
- Does Syria Have The Capability Of Making More Chemical Weapons?
September 10 2013 11:55 AM
Western nations have reacted with extreme caution to the Russian-Syrian proposal, even if Assad seems sincere.
- UPDATE: Syria To Declare Chemical Weapons Arsenal, Sign UN Convention
September 10 2013 8:31 AM
Obama wants to keep military force an option; Putin says the proposal "can work" if the "American side" rejects the use of force.
- Did The US Defense Lobby Play A Role In The Syria Vote?
September 10 2013 5:59 AM
Senators who voted "yes" for military force use in Syria received a lot more defense sector money than those who voted "no."
- US March To War Suddenly On Hold
September 09 2013 6:20 PM
Obama says putting chemical weapons under international control could be a "breakthrough," and Reid calls off a vote.
- UK May Face International Pressure Over Assad's Wife
September 09 2013 4:04 PM
If the Syrian regime falls, what happens to British-born Asma Assad, the glamorous wife of the Syrian president?
- Okmeydani Protest For Berkin Elvan: Police In Turkey Fire Tear Gas, Rubber Bullets At Protesters In Istanbul [PHOTOS]
September 09 2013 1:39 PM
The protesters rallying in Okmeydani, in support of 14-year-old Berkin Elvan, want police involved in the boy's injuries to be prosecuted.
- Syria ‘Welcomes’ Russia’s Request To Place Chemical Weapons Under International Control
September 09 2013 12:50 PM
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has also demanded that Assad hand over his country’s entire stockpile of chemical weapons.
- German Rapper-Turned-Islamist Wounded In Syria Fighting [VIDEO]
September 09 2013 12:09 PM
Deso Dogg, real name Denis Mamadou Cuspert, converted to Islam and is now known as Abu Talha al-Almani. It's unclear which rebel group he's aligned with in fighting Syrian President Bashar Assad's forces.
- White House Argues For Strike On Syrian Regime Of Bashar Assad
September 08 2013 5:09 PM
As the U.S. Congress prepares to vote on authorizing force in Syria, the White House presses its case.
- US Still Can’t Prove Assad Ordered Chemical Attack
September 07 2013 10:18 AM
U.S. intelligence agencies are still in the dark on what role Bashar Assad played in the chemical attack near Damascus.
- Syrian Refugees In Egypt Face Increasing Intimidation, As Their Numbers Grow
September 07 2013 9:09 AM
Syrian refugees in Egypt and those who would wish to go there are facing backlash and anger -- and little safety.
- The Life Of A Damascus Family, Awaiting A US Strike
September 07 2013 9:04 AM
As the world debates intervention, one Damascus family’s routine reflects the nation’s turmoil and dread.
- Syrian Concerns May Hike Middle East Military Spending
September 06 2013 3:46 PM
British giant BAE Systems and other defense suppliers that sell to Middle Eastern governments like Saudi Arabia stand to benefit strongly.