Middle East Politics
- WHO Suspects SARS-Like Virus Can Spread Between People
May 13 2013 8:50 AM
Countries are being asked to step up coronavirus monitoring after a patient contracted the infection from a French hospital stay.
- Turks Arrest 9 In Car Bombings, Blame Syria
May 12 2013 9:34 AM
Turkish authorities have arrested nine people they say are linked to the Syrian regime for two car bombings that killed 46.
- Turkey Blames Syria For Car Bombs Killing 43 And Wounding 140
May 11 2013 4:47 PM
Two car bombs were detonated in Reyhanli, Turkey, killing at least 43 people and wounding at least 140 others Saturday.
- Muslim Brotherhood Official A No-Show In D.C.
May 11 2013 10:09 AM
The Muslim Brotherhood may have forced Helmy El-Gazzar to cancel his address.
- NYT's Islamabad Bureau Chief Kicked Out Of Pakistan
May 10 2013 5:56 PM
Shortly before Pakistan's historic election, authorities kicked out a prominent journalist for the New York Times, sparking outrage.
- Pakistan’s Vote: Unprecedented, Unpredictable, Possibly Deadly
May 10 2013 3:41 PM
Saturday will mark the first time in Pakistan's history that a civilian government has completed a full term in office.
- US And Russia Closer On Syria, But Still Not Quite Friends
May 10 2013 12:24 PM
John Kerry's visit to Russia heralded a change in America's position on Syria, but things are still a bit bumpy between Washington and Moscow.
- Why Does The Philippines Want To Withdraw Its Peacekeepers From The Golan Heights?
May 10 2013 7:04 AM
The UNDOF's 1,000 peacekeeping troops have been monitoring the cease-fire between Israel and the Philippines in the Golan Heights since 1974.
- Religious Jews To Protest Women Praying At Western Wall
May 10 2013 1:15 AM
Women of the Wall, a group supporting religious and gender equality, won a huge court battle in Jerusalem. Ultra-religious sects are not pleased.
- Syrian Regime Has Used Chemical Weapons: Erdogan
May 09 2013 6:17 PM
Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan said Thursday that the Syrian regime has used chemical weapons, crossing Obama's red line.
- The Worst Industrial Accidents In History [TIMELINE]
May 08 2013 1:54 PM
The Bangladesh factory collapse that killed 800 is just the latest. Click through for a history of the world's worst industrial accidents.
- Stephen Hawking Is Probably Boycotting Israel
May 08 2013 1:17 PM
Stephen Hawking does seem to be adhering to an academic boycott of Israel, despite some conflicting media reports and university statements indicating otherwise.