- Airstrikes In Syria: Excerpt From Obama Speech Released
September 10 2014 6:38 PM
An excerpt of Wednesday evening's speech about ISIS shows President Obama will call for U.S. airstrikes in Syria.
- Obama To Ask For Approval, Funding Of Syrian Airstrikes
September 10 2014 4:21 PM
The president also plans to ask Congress for more money to fund and train the moderate opposition in Syria, a source says.
- Deconstructing 'Degrade And Destroy'
September 10 2014 12:47 PM
U.S. officials have said the administration's goal is to "degrade and destroy" ISIS. What does that actually mean?
- Obama Ready To Approve Syria Airstrikes
September 10 2014 9:26 AM
The president reportedly is prepared to authorize airstrikes in Syria against the Islamic State, without approval from Congress.
- What Will Obama Say In His ISIS Speech?
September 10 2014 9:20 AM
The president is expected to make the case that a coalition of forces and targeted airstrikes can defeat ISIS.
- Palestinian Protester Shot Dead By Israeli Soldiers In West Bank
September 10 2014 8:43 AM
A 22-year-old man was shot through the heart by Israeli soldiers while he was allegedly trying to throw an explosive device at them.
- UN Secretary-General Asks Assad To Find Political Solution In Syria
September 10 2014 8:11 AM
The U.N.'s Ban Ki-moon asked President Assad to seek a political solution in Syria, which would help in the fight against ISIS.
- Baghdad Car Bombings Kill At Least 7
September 10 2014 7:49 AM
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry was holding meetings just 7 miles from the blast.
- Kerry's Anti-ISIS Middle East Tour Begins
September 10 2014 6:34 AM
Kerry’s visit starts a day after Obama reportedly expressed his readiness for airstrikes against ISIS in Syria without Congressional approval.
- African Asylum Seekers Forced To Leave Israel, HRW Says
September 10 2014 4:30 AM
The report alleged that, between January 2013 and June 2014, thousands of asylum seekers from Sudan and Eritrea were forced to leave Israel.
- Syrian Rebels To Soon Release Fijian UN Peacekeepers
September 10 2014 12:48 AM
Since independence from Britain in 1970, Fiji has sent more soldiers on U.N. peacekeeping missions than any other nation, on a per capita basis.
- Obama Is Going Solo On Anti-ISIS Strategy
September 09 2014 8:55 PM
The president told Congress he didn't need its approval for his strategy to go after the Islamic State.
- Obama Has An ISIS Strategy, But You Have To Wait For It
September 09 2014 3:30 PM
The president's pensiveness on foreign policy projects weakness, according to critics.
- Leader Of ISIS Rival In Syria Killed In Suicide Bomb Attack
September 09 2014 3:06 PM
More than 20 members of Ahrar al-Sham, an ISIS rival in Syria, were killed in a suicide bomb attack Tuesday, including its leader.
- US Doesn't Know If ISIS Is A Domestic Threat
September 09 2014 2:08 PM
News that an ISIS fighter had worked at a U.S. airport stokes fears of another 9/11. But experts don't know if ISIS is a threat to the U.S.
- At Least 4 Rebels Killed In Yemen Clashes
September 09 2014 8:11 AM
The Houthi rebels were killed when they tried to storm the capital building in Sanaa.
- US Vows To 'Stand Shoulder To Shoulder' With Iraqi People
September 09 2014 2:45 AM
Iraq's parliament had, earlier on Monday, approved a new government and named Haider al-Abadi as the country's prime minister.
- Sotloff 'Sold' To ISIS By US-Backed Rebels, Journalist's Family Says
September 09 2014 1:53 AM
Barak Barfi, a spokesperson for the slain journalist's family, also accused the U.S government of making a "number of inaccurate statements."
- Iraq Forms Coalition Government
September 08 2014 5:36 PM
Baghdad ends political gridlock over new government as ISIS rebels blow themselves up in a town near the capital.
- What Will Obama's Speech On ISIS Address?
September 08 2014 3:59 PM
President Obama is set to lay out his strategy for fighting ISIS in a speech Wednesday. Here's a list of what he might announce.