- Iran’s Khamenei Backs Rouhani's Diplomacy, Criticizes 'Some'
October 05 2013 2:21 PM
Iran's Ayatollah Ali Khamenei criticized certain aspects of Iran President Hassan Rouhani's New York Visit.
- Iran’s Cyber Defense Program Chief Found Dead: Report
October 04 2013 7:27 AM
Mojtaba Ahmadi is the fifth casualty in a series of killings since 2007 of officials associated with the country’s defense programs.
- Rouhani’s Charm Offensive Already Paying Off For Tehran
October 03 2013 10:13 AM
Israel now finds itself more isolated than ever on Iran.
- After 34 Years, Rouhani Wants Direct Flights From Iran To US
September 30 2013 4:11 PM
The new president is mulling something the Iranians haven't done since the 1979 revolution. But they may have to use old planes to do it.
- Turkey's Erdogan Announces Landmark Pro-Kurdish Reforms
September 30 2013 8:04 AM
Reforms include a proposal to lower the percentage of votes needed for a party to enter parliament, and an end to a ban on the hijab.
- Syria’s Assad Promises To Comply With UN Chemical-Weapons Resolution
September 29 2013 12:18 PM
Syria's president says his government will abide by the U.N. resolution calling for its chemical weapons stockpile to be destroyed.
- How Al Qaeda Wants To Use Shutdown Against The US
September 28 2013 3:40 PM
Fareed Zakaria talks about al Qaeda’s perception of U.S. weakness as the government shutdown looms.
- Security Council Votes To Destroy Syrian Chemical Arms
September 28 2013 8:43 AM
The resolution marked an end to more than two years of deadlock in the Council over action against Syria.
- Female Reporters In Syria Uniquely Positioned, For Better Or Worse
September 27 2013 5:43 PM
Rasha Elass writes a first-person account of what it’s like to be a woman covering the Syrian civil war.
- Shooting The Messenger: The War Against Journalists In Syria
September 27 2013 4:46 PM
Journalists reporting from Syria face an increasing risk of being kidnapped or killed -- a threat that comes from all sides.
- Kidnapped And Imprisoned Journalists In Syria
September 27 2013 1:51 PM
A list of journalists who have been kidnapped or are imprisoned in Syria.
- Landmark Talks Between US And Iran Suggest ‘Change Of Tone’
September 27 2013 2:19 AM
John Kerry met with Iran's foreign minister at the U.N. for an informal chat -- the highest-level meeting between the nations since 1980.
- US, Russia Agree On Syria Resolution At UN
September 26 2013 6:51 PM
The draft "requires" Syria to give up chemical weapons but has no real teeth.
- Iran Wants Nuclear Deal In 3 To 6 Months: Rouhani
September 26 2013 6:04 AM
President Rouhani said he was authorized by Iran’s Supreme Leader to reach an agreement with the West over Tehran’s nuclear program.
- Did Iran's Hassan Rouhani Acknowledge The Holocaust?
September 26 2013 2:32 AM
President Hassan Rouhani's remarks, which came during a CNN interview, have been subject to various interpretations.
- Kurdistan Election: Who Are The Players? What Are The Stakes?
September 25 2013 5:51 AM
What makes the political climate in Kurdistan so unusual is that it is not a fully independent sovereign nation.
- Israel Creates Fake LinkedIn Page For Iranian President
September 24 2013 7:47 PM
The Israeli embassy in Washington tweeted a link to a picture of a fake LinkedIn Profile, mocking Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.
- Obama Describes Possible 'Different Relationship' With Iran
September 24 2013 11:01 AM
At the U.N. General Assembly, the U.S. president prepares the ground for what looks like a warming of relations with Tehran.
- We Won't Meet With Iran's President Rouhani: US Persian Jews
September 24 2013 10:50 AM
Speculation is rising that Rouhani could potentially meet with U.S. President Barack Obama, at least briefly.
- Egypt Court Bans Muslim Brotherhood
September 24 2013 1:52 AM
The ban is the latest blow to the Brotherhood, Egypt’s oldest and largest Islamist movement, from the military-backed government’s crackdown.