- Obama Administration 'Blindsided' By Israel: Report
August 15 2014 4:47 AM
Israel managed to secure fresh supplies of U.S. weapons and ammunition without White House approval.
- Alabama Prisons Facing 'Serious' Tuberculosis Outbreak
August 14 2014 9:11 PM
The worst outbreak since 2009 follows a year of no cases of TB in Alabama prisons.
- Pope Warns Against Being 'Secularized And Materialistic'
August 14 2014 8:19 PM
Pope Francis, traveling in a Kia while in South Korea, cautioned bishops about caring more about "worldly" successes than the Gospel.
- Iraq’s Maliki Relinquishes Prime Minister Post
August 14 2014 4:32 PM
The announcement came four days after Iraqi President Fuad Masum nominated Haider al-Abadi to be Iraq’s new prime minister.
- Slowed Down In Iraq, ISIS Makes Big Gains In Syria
August 14 2014 2:16 PM
In the past 24 hours, ISIS has taken over five towns north of Aleppo and could capture positions controlling border traffic with Turkey.
- UN Announces Level-3 Humanitarian Crisis In Iraq
August 14 2014 7:41 AM
The U.S., which had sent a mission to Mount Sinjar to help the Yazidis, said that the situation was better than feared.
- Saudi Arabia Donates $100M To UN To Counter Terrorism
August 14 2014 6:38 AM
In 2011, Saudi Arabia had provided $10 million as seed money to establish the United Nations Counter Terrorism Centre.
- Ongoing Negotiations, But No Peace For Israel And Gaza
August 13 2014 8:38 PM
The fight between Israel and Gaza goes on despite claims that Palestinians had agreed to a five-day cease-fire extension in Cairo.
- In Fight Against ISIS, US Can't Rely Only On Airstrikes
August 13 2014 6:49 PM
Barack Obama doesn't want to commit to a ground attack in Iraq again. But relying only on airstrikes, experts say, won't beat ISIS.
- Maliki’s Party Backs Abadi In Iraq
August 13 2014 6:22 PM
Nuri al-Maliki’s Dawa party called on Iraqi politicians to accept his replacement, even though he refused to step aside.
- Kidnapped US Journalist Still Missing In Syria
August 13 2014 3:40 PM
Austin Tice is still missing in Syria two years after he lost contact with family and friends.
- Marco Rubio Vs. The UN's Palestinian Refugee Agency
August 13 2014 12:51 PM
Senators from both parties including the possible 2016 candidate are asking John Kerry to launch an investigation into UNRWA activity during the recent conflict in Gaza.
- Baghdad Bombs Kill At Least 12, Injure 28
August 13 2014 11:33 AM
One of the blasts was a car bomb that exploded in a mainly Shiite area of Baghdad, killing at least 10 people.
- Egypt's Army Killed Hundreds In 2013 Protests: Report
August 13 2014 9:05 AM
Human Rights Watch has found that Egyptian security forces likely committed "crimes against humanity" last year.
- First Reporter Killed In Israel-Gaza Conflict
August 13 2014 8:43 AM
Simone Camilli, a video journalist with the Associated Press, died Wednesday in an explosion in the Gaza Strip.
- Iraq's Nouri al-Maliki Refuses To Accept Abadi As Successor
August 13 2014 7:39 AM
Iraq is facing a political crisis in Baghdad even as government forces try to beat back the advance of Islamist militants in the north.
- Military Action In Iraq Is A Possibility: Tony Abbott
August 13 2014 5:08 AM
While Australia's prime minister said sending in troops was not ruled out, his defense minister spoke only of humanitarian aid.
- 130 Additional Military Advisers Sent To Iraq
August 12 2014 10:35 PM
President Obama sent 130 additional military personnel to Erbil, where they will advise Kurdish and Iraqi forces.
- Déjà Vu In Iraq: New Intervention, Same Reasons
August 12 2014 9:52 PM
The reasons for U.S. airstrikes in Iraq are similar to those behind the 2003 invasion.
- US Weighs Options As Combat Troops Ruled Out In Iraq
August 12 2014 4:40 PM
Air strikes alone may not get rid of ISIS's threat, and ground forces isn't an option. The U.S. faces a tricky problem, but it could follow past models.