- ISIS Demands $6.6M For American Woman Abducted In Syria
August 26 2014 1:17 PM
The 26-year-old woman was abducted last year while on a humanitarian aid mission in rebel-held Aleppo.
- Hamas, Israel Reach Long-Term Cease-Fire Deal
August 26 2014 11:48 AM
The announcement comes after weeks of negotiations between Hamas and Israel, which were spearheaded by the Egyptian government in Cairo.
- Iran Says It Is Arming Kurdistan To Help Fight Islamic State
August 26 2014 10:04 AM
Kurdish Peshmerga forces will now have weapons from Iran, as well as the U.S., Germany, France and Italy.
- Jewish Center's Reopening In Mumbai Evokes Mixed Feelings
August 26 2014 8:05 AM
A Chabad House reopened Tuesday, six years after heavily armed terrorists stormed and killed six people inside the building.
- Qatar Seeks To Free More US Hostages In Syria
August 26 2014 5:23 AM
The wealthy country has mediated the release of foreign and Syrian captives on several occasions during Syria's 3-year-old civil war.
- Continuing Violence Across Iraq Leaves 10 More Dead In Baghdad
August 26 2014 3:00 AM
Tuesday's attack follows a suicide-bomb explosion in a Shiite mosque Monday, which killed 12 people and injured 26 others.
- Three Chinese Engineers Kidnapped In Turkey
August 26 2014 2:11 AM
The engineers worked at a thermal plant construction site in the country's south, close to its border with Iraq and Syria.
- Israel Targets Gaza High-Rises, 2 Killed
August 26 2014 12:47 AM
The Israeli military reportedly acknowledged that it had targeted sites linked to Hamas on Tuesday.
- US Begins Recon Flights Over Syria
August 25 2014 11:03 PM
The move could put the U.S. in the awkward position of an unspoken alliance with dictator Bashar Assad.
- US Considers Spy Flights Over Syria To Stem ISIS
August 25 2014 9:28 PM
The administration has not decided whether to bomb ISIS in Syria, but has approved ramping up surveillance just in case.
- Syrian Opposition Pleads For US Weapons To Fight ISIS
August 25 2014 5:29 PM
Syria's "moderate opposition" fears abandonment, while the Assad regime would be glad to join the "war on terror."
- Qatar: Whose Side Is It On?
August 25 2014 4:27 PM
The tiny kingdom may have just saved American hostage Peter Theo Curtis, but it's also believed to be funding terrorist groups.
- How Egypt And The UAE Might Have Hit Libya From The Air
August 25 2014 2:11 PM
A report that high-precision airstrikes over Libya last week were the work of Egypt and the UAE raises many questions.
- Beheaded Journalist James Foley Honored In Hometown
August 25 2014 12:18 PM
Nearly 1,000 people showed up in Rochester, New Hampshire, for a memorial service for slain journalist James Foley.
- 12 Dead In Baghdad Mosque Suicide Bombing
August 25 2014 7:38 AM
Another 26 people were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up in a Shiite mosque in Baghdad.
- Iraq's Abadi Optimistic On Formation Of New Government
August 25 2014 5:57 AM
Abadi is tasked with forming a power-sharing government that can ease sectarian tensions and counter Islamic State militants.
- Family Of Peter Theo Curtis Grateful For Release
August 24 2014 10:13 PM
The family of Peter Theo Curtis says it is unaware of the circumstances surrounding his release.
- Report: British Intelligence Has Identified 'Jihadi John'
August 24 2014 7:11 PM
Report says the family of a key suspect in the beheading of James Foley lives in a tony section of London.
- Netanyahu Asks Gazans To Leave Hamas Sites
August 24 2014 6:42 PM
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Gaza Strip residents to leave any area where Hamas militants are operating.
- Identity Of Foley Killer Close, UK Ambassador Says
August 24 2014 1:06 PM
U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., calls James Foley beheading a turning point.