- Second Day Of Airstrikes Target ISIS Near Turkish, Iraqi Border
September 24 2014 7:48 AM
There has, so far, been no confirmation from the Pentagon that the attacks near Kobane in Syria were carried out by the U.S.-led coalition.
- Jordanian Terror Suspect Abu Qatada Cleared Of Terror Charges
September 24 2014 4:50 AM
The decision comes just three months after the radical Salafist preacher was acquitted of conspiring in a 1998 bombing plot in Jordan.
- UK Expected To Decide On Airstrikes Against ISIS In Iraq
September 24 2014 1:20 AM
David Cameron had, on Tuesday, said that the U.K could “not opt out of” the fight against the Islamic State group.
- US Airstrikes In Syria Scramble Middle East Alliances
September 23 2014 7:23 PM
Sunni Arab states are supporting U.S. strikes against ISIS in Syria, but will have to deal with a worsening humanitarian crisis.
- Turkish Leader 'Considering' Joining Attack On ISIS
September 23 2014 6:24 PM
What's behind the major shift in Turkey's policies against the Islamic State group?
- Sunni Arab Coalition To Fight ISIS Shows Growing Anxiety In Mideast
September 23 2014 4:58 PM
Monday's "unprecedented" joint effort reveals the anxiety that ISIS has caused in the Middle East for majority-Sunni countries.
- US Defends Use Of Syria Airstrikes In Letter To UN
September 23 2014 4:33 PM
U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power cited Article 51 of the U.N. Charter to justify the airstrikes.
- ISIS Prepared For US Airstrikes For At Least Two Weeks
September 23 2014 4:28 PM
Militants already had moved their families to suburban locations and reportedly only went out under cover of darkness.
- US-backed Rebel Group Said Airstrikes Benefit Assad
September 23 2014 3:38 PM
The Harakat Hazm rebel group, armed with US TOW missiles, condemned the airstrikes in Syria in a statement released on Facebook.
- How Assad Benefits From US Airstrikes
September 23 2014 2:25 PM
Without having to worry about ISIS, the Syrian regime can now turn its attention to other rebel groups threatening Bashar Assad's forces.
- US Airstrikes In Syria Aimed At Stopping Khorasan
September 23 2014 1:44 PM
The U.S. targeted the Khorasan group in Syria, an al Qaeda splinter, because it was planning an attack on the west.
- Watch US Airstrikes In Syria
September 23 2014 1:32 PM
The first round of airstrikes in Syria hit 14 ISIS targets.
- Are US Airstrikes Working?
September 23 2014 1:29 PM
Six weeks of U.S. airstrikes in Iraq have failed to wipe out Islamic State group militants. What does that say about the Syria campaign?
- What The Use Of Tomahawk Cruise Missiles In Syria Tells Us
September 23 2014 12:44 PM
The missiles are typically employed to hit large buildings surgically without destroying them or the surroundings.
- The Islamic State 'Capital'
September 23 2014 12:21 PM
Home to some 220,000 inhabitants, Raqqa is the seat of the terrorist group's power — and was the target of U.S.-led airstrikes Tuesday.
- Boehner Backs Obama On Syria Airstrikes
September 23 2014 12:12 PM
House Speaker John Boehner said the airstrikes "must be part of a larger effort" to destroy ISIS.
- F-22 Raptor Stealth Fighter Has Combat Debut In Syria
September 23 2014 12:10 PM
Born to shoot down Soviet jets, the Lockheed Martin plane sat idle for nine years before finding a mission.
- Former British PM Tony Blair Calls US Airstrikes in Syria 'The Right Thing'
September 23 2014 10:55 AM
"What we've got to do is understand this is a battle of moderation and modernity versus extremism and reactionary politics," Blair said.
- US Airstrikes Also Targeting Nusra Front
September 23 2014 10:43 AM
Al Qaeda's affiliate on the ground in Syria has already reportedly lost 30 fighters.
- 'This Is Not America's Fight Alone'
September 23 2014 10:25 AM
After overnight airstikes in Syria, Obama said the next step to combat ISIS will be equipping and training moderate Syrian opposition forces.