Middle East Politics
- US Embassy's Pyramid Safety Warning Denied By Egypt
June 03 2013 11:18 PM
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo has warned against visiting the pyramids at Giza at night, but Egypt denies any problems.
- Seven Things To Know About Turkey
June 03 2013 3:59 PM
The protests in Turkey are dominating much of the news cycle. Here are some facts to make you sound informed with your colleagues.
- Summer Of Protests In Turkey Would Sink Its Economy
June 03 2013 2:45 PM
Tourism and foreign investment could take hits if the protests continue through the summer.
- Anonymous Cyber Attack "OpTurkey" Targets Turkish Government
June 03 2013 12:48 PM
Anonymous launched #OpTurkey over the weekend, bringing down government websites.
- Ankara and Istanbul Protests Turn Into Full-Scale Riots
June 03 2013 11:34 AM
The protests started when the Turkish government announced plans to demolish Gezi Park, one of the last remaining green spaces in Istanbul.
- What To Expect During The Bradley Manning Trial
June 03 2013 10:52 AM
A good portion of Bradley Manning's trial will be closed to the public, because it involves classified information.
- Palestine President Appoints New Prime Minister
June 03 2013 10:05 AM
Much to Gaza strip rulers Hamas' dismay, a professor was appointed as Palestine's new Prime Minister on Sunday.
- Egypt's Supreme Court Ruling Declares Legislature, Constitutional Panel Illegal
June 03 2013 6:54 AM
A new ruling by Egypt’s highest court on Sunday declared the country's upper house of parliament and constitution panel illegal.
- Syrian Rebels, Hezbollah Battle On Lebanese Border
June 02 2013 12:00 PM
Lebanon was drawn further into Syria’s civil war Sunday when Hezbollah guerrillas fought Syrian rebels.
- Turkish Protesters Hold Square As Cops Pull Back
June 02 2013 10:37 AM
Turkish protesters reoccupied Istanbul's Taksim Square Sunday after police withdrew, but the scene was peaceful.
- Turkish PM’s Call To Disperse Falls On Deaf Ears
June 01 2013 11:54 PM
Clashes between demonstrators and police continued in Turkey for a third day, albeit at a lower level of intensity.
- US, Russia And UN To Discuss Syria On June 5
June 01 2013 12:18 AM
Officials from the U.S., Russia and the U.N. will hold a meeting on June 5 in Geneva to discuss peace in Syria.