- Iraqi And Kurdish Forces Bid To Break Amerli Siege
August 30 2014 8:22 PM
Kurds have been slowly regaining ground from the militants and Saturday advanced on the northern town of Zumar.
- Privatizing Terror
August 30 2014 6:13 PM
Banking laws designed to cut off funds to terror groups are woefully outdated.
- Islamic State Sells Yazidi Women To Fighters As Brides
August 30 2014 2:50 PM
Yazidi women were forced to convert to Islam and then sold as brides of Islamic State fighters for $1,000 each, one report says.
- Gaza Will Take 20 Years To Rebuild, UN Affiliate Says
August 30 2014 11:27 AM
One issue centers on the Israeli blockade that impedes the cross-border movement into Gaza of building materials such as concrete.
- Suicide Bomber Kills At Least 11 People South Of Baghdad
August 30 2014 11:03 AM
A suicide bomber driving a car packed with explosives killed at least 11 people and wounded 30 Saturday in a town just south of Baghdad.
- Orthodox Jews Expelled From Guatemalan Village
August 30 2014 7:25 AM
Jews from the Ultra-Orthodox Lev Tahor Sect began arriving in the remote Guatemalan village in March from Canada.
- Taliban Attack On Afghan Intelligence HQ Kills Six
August 30 2014 5:49 AM
The attack took place in Jalalabad, which is located near the border with Pakistan,is one of the country’s most troubled regions.
- Indian PM Rebukes Pakistan After Peace Talks Canceled
August 30 2014 5:06 AM
Narendra Modi's comments come a week after India called off peace talks between the two countries.
- US Targets Iran Nuclear Sanction-Busters In Crackdown
August 30 2014 3:13 AM
The new U.S. sanctions come amid reports of Iran resisting efforts to allow IAEA inspectors to access its nuclear enrichment facilities.
- ISIS Claims Foley Blamed His Family And US Before Death
August 29 2014 9:43 PM
ISIS says it's holding British citizens and claims Foley blamed his family and the U.S. government's “zero tolerance” negotiation policy.
- How To Make Friends And Defeat ISIS
August 29 2014 4:10 PM
As the Islamic State rises, regional powers are setting aside their differences to crush the militant group.
- Taliban Offensive Poses Military Dilemma For U.S.
August 29 2014 4:10 PM
While ISIS takes the spotlight, the Taliban has launched a campaign in Afghanistan to retake the land it lost to Western troops - and Obama may be forced to respond.
- Seized ISIS Laptop Contains Plans For 'Bubonic Plague' Weapons
August 29 2014 11:45 AM
A computer seized in Syria was found to contain worrying documents about possibly using the plague to infect Western cities.
- ISIS Waterboarded US Reporter James Foley, Echoing Bush Tactics
August 29 2014 7:06 AM
The Islamic State reportedly picked on James Foley because it found photographs of his brother working in the U.S. Air Force.
- Dozens Of Peacekeepers Seized By Syrian Militants
August 29 2014 5:10 AM
The UN peacekeepers were seized in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, and the United Nations is working to secure their release.
- U.S. May Use Secrets Act To Stop Lawsuit Against Iran Sanctions Group
August 29 2014 3:22 AM
U.S. government lawyers have said that information related to UANI in the lawsuit could jeopardize law enforcement activities.
- UN Says More Than 3 Million Refugees Have Fled Syria
August 29 2014 2:12 AM
The U.N.'s refugee agency says that the conflict in Syria is now "the biggest humanitarian emergency of our era."
- US Identifies Americans Fighting For ISIS In Syria
August 29 2014 12:44 AM
Using social media, intercepted communications and monitoring of citizens abroad, U.S. law enforcement said it was able to identify citizens fighting in Syria.
- ISIS Releases Another Beheading Video, Targeting Kurds
August 28 2014 7:52 PM
ISIS apparently beheaded a Kurdish prisoner in a graphic video reminiscent of the video showing the execution of James Foley.
- White House, ISIS React To Obama's 'We Don't Have A Strategy'
August 28 2014 7:02 PM
The White House quickly moved to clarify Obama's statement that the U.S. did not have a strategy in place yet to deal with ISIS in Syria.