- Israel Has Held An Al Qaeda-Linked Biological Weapons Expert For 3 Years
November 18 2013 7:27 AM
Although he hasn't stood trial, no country is willing to accept him, Israeli media reported Monday.
- Workers In Qatar Treated Like 'Animals:' Amnesty
November 18 2013 5:28 AM
Many foreign workers in Qatar have their passports held by employers and are subjected to blackmail, low pay and long work hours, a report says.
- US Offers $10M Reward To Capture Benghazi Attackers
November 16 2013 10:53 AM
The State Department said the reward has been in place since January, but it was not publicized due to security concerns.
- Karachi Yahudi: Pakistan’s Vanishing (Or Vanished) Jewish Community
November 16 2013 10:17 AM
Jews once played a significant role in the affairs of Pakistan’s teeming economic capital, Karachi.
- Iran Slowed Work On Nuclear Facility In Past 3 Months: IAEA
November 15 2013 7:29 AM
A UN report showed that Iran stopped expanding its nuclear facilities ahead of nuclear talks but Israel remains unconvinced.
- North Korea Denies Reports About Giving Military Aid To Syria
November 15 2013 1:10 AM
North Korea, Syria's close ally, refuted media claims that the reclusive nation has been aiding Syria's government.
- How The US Lost UNESCO Voting Rights (And Why It’s A Big Deal)
November 12 2013 6:21 AM
The U.S. deprived UNESCO of 22% of its funding, so UNESCO deprived the U.S. of its voting rights. Both actions have consequences.
- Damascus Diary: Soldiers, Regime Supporters Loot In The Capital
November 11 2013 11:36 AM
In some parts of Damascus, people have begun fearing government soldiers and supporters, who just take things with impunity.
- Iranian Spiritual Leader Controls Secret Group Worth $95B
November 11 2013 10:22 AM
Iran's spiritual leader is a billionaire. But what is the ayatollah doing with his money?
- Kerry Hopeful After Iran Talks Stall; Netanyahu Warns
November 10 2013 3:55 PM
Kerry clung to hope Sun. for a deal to end Iran’s nuclear program, but said the U.S. would not ease sanctions.
- Saudi Arabia Close To Getting Nuclear Weapons From Pakistan
November 07 2013 1:19 AM
The kingdom is increasingly worried about Iran's nuclear ambitions as the U.S. and Tehran prep for another round of talks in Geneva on Thursday.
- Iranian Culture Minister Wants Social Media Ban Lifted
November 06 2013 3:11 PM
Some 2 million Iranians use social-networking websites like Twitter and Facebook by logging on through a foreign server.
- Arafat May Have Been Murdered With Radioactive Polonium
November 06 2013 1:12 PM
Swiss forensic scientists have found that the Palestinian leader may have been poisoned with the radioactive element.
- Morsi Claims He Is Still President At Cairo Trial
November 04 2013 6:00 PM
Ousted Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi appeared on trial at a Cairo court Monday, his first public appearance since he was deposed on July 3
- Kerry Tries To Calm Saudi Nerves Over Syria, Iran
November 04 2013 1:06 AM
Kerry landed in Riyadh on Sunday night for the second leg of his 10-day tour of the Middle East, Europe and North Africa.
- Popular Egyptian Satirist’s TV Show Suspended
November 02 2013 10:30 AM
Egypt’s CBC channel said Bassem Youssef’s show “El-Bernameg” was dropped due to disagreements regarding editorial policies.
- VA Denies Holding Back Information On US Veteran Casualties
November 01 2013 4:14 PM
The VA Department denied it is holding back veteran casualties info, despite a months-long drought of information on war on terror veterans.
- Veil Of Democracy? Headscarves In Turkey's Parliament For First Time In Decades
November 01 2013 11:27 AM
The prohibition on veils remains in effect, however, for court officers, judges, prosecutors, police officers and military personnel.
- Arabs In The Andes? Chile, The Unlikely Long-Term Home Of A Large Palestinian Community
October 31 2013 10:11 AM
On the whole, some 800,000 Arabs live in Chile, representing about 5 percent of the total population.
- Syria Destroys Chemical Weapons Equipment: OPCW
October 31 2013 6:17 AM
Syria fulfilled its obligations a day before the deadline set by The Hague-based OPCW.