- Obama's ISIS Plan Gains Republican Support
September 11 2014 11:23 PM
"The president’s made clear that he doesn’t want boots on the ground, well somebody’s boots have to be on the ground,” House Speaker John Boehner said.
- The Number Of ISIS Fighters Has Tripled, The CIA Says
September 11 2014 10:03 PM
A CIA assessment said the number of fighters with the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria could be as high as 31,500.
- The Fight Against ISIS Is Not A War, Kerry Says
September 11 2014 6:54 PM
In an interview with CNN, Secretary of State John Kerry said the fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria was not a war.
- ISIS Grip On Iraqi Oil Slips
September 11 2014 5:49 PM
U.S. airstrikes have forced the Islamic State to cede control of some Iraqi oil wells and refineries.
- 'Total War' Against ISIS Easier Said Than Done
September 11 2014 4:38 PM
Multiple Mideast powers with their own agendas make forging a coalition difficult.
- What The US Campaign Against ISIS May Look Like
September 11 2014 3:36 PM
After President Obama vowed to destroy ISIS in Syria, speculation mounts over how the U.S. and it allies will accomplish that goal.
- Where US Allies Stand On ISIS
September 11 2014 12:23 PM
Israel "fully supports" Obama's strategy, while Turkey said it will only participate in humanitarian missions in the campaign against ISIS.
- Iran Tells West To Abandon 'Illogical Demands'
September 11 2014 9:05 AM
Iran has so far managed to win some concessions from Western nations by promising to scale back its nuclear program.
- Syrian Rebels Laud Obama's ISIS Strategy, But What About Assad?
September 11 2014 8:06 AM
The Syrian National Coalition wants to take on both ISIS and Bashar Assad, but that's not Obama's strategy.
- Al Qaeda-Backed Group Releases Captured UN Troops
September 11 2014 5:52 AM
Fijian peacekeeping troops who were posted in the Golan Heights had been captured two weeks ago by the Nusra Front.
- 'What Are We Going To Do With Assad?'
September 11 2014 4:44 AM
President Obama announced his strategy for a broader coalition to combat ISIS but failed to address how this will affect the Assad regime.
- Israel To Investigate Possible Military Misconduct In Gaza
September 11 2014 1:13 AM
Some see the move as an attempt to preempt international investigations of incidents that drew widespread condemnation.
- Obama Orders Airstrikes On The Islamic State In Syria
September 10 2014 10:47 PM
President Obama announced his strategy to destroy ISIS: airstrikes, an international coalition, but no US combat boots on the ground.
- Doubts Confront Obama's ISIS Campaign
September 10 2014 10:23 PM
There was bi-partisan support for confronting ISIS, but lawmakers had strong words for President Obama's foreign policy strategy.
- President Obama ISIS Speech Word Cloud
September 10 2014 9:49 PM
"Our objective is clear: we will degrade, and ultimately destroy, ISIL through a comprehensive and sustained counter-terrorism strategy."
- Saudis Will Provide Bases To Train Anti-ISIS Fighters
September 10 2014 9:44 PM
The Kingdom has indicated it will agree to a U.S. request to host a training program for moderate Syrian opposition fighters.
- Who Is The 'Moderate Opposition' In Syria?
September 10 2014 9:20 PM
President Obama said Wednesday that the U.S. would train, fund and arm more moderate opposition rebels in Syria. Who are they?
- Obama 'Will Not Hesitate To Take Action Against ISIL' [Full Text]
September 10 2014 9:09 PM
In his prime-time address, President Obama maps out plans to wipe out Islamic State through "relentless effort."
- In Syria, What Will US Airstrikes Target?
September 10 2014 9:07 PM
In the past two weeks, the U.S. has flown surveillance flights over Syria to gather intelligence about ISIS’s bases and movements.
- Where To Watch President Obama's Address On ISIS
September 10 2014 7:34 PM
President Obama will tell Americans -- and the world -- what he plans to do about the Islamic State, Wednesday at 9 p.m. EDT.