- Tunis Snarls As Demonstrators Rally Moderate Islamist Government
August 04 2013 5:48 PM
A soldier was killed by a land mine and a suspected militant was killed by cops as the situation in Tunisia got tense this weekend.
- US Gov't Missions In Muslim World To Close Until Aug. 10
August 04 2013 11:59 AM
With U.S., Germany, France and Britain on high alert, U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss says threat is “reminiscent of what we saw pre-9/11.”
- Syrian Government Airstrike Kills 9 Near Lebanese Border
August 03 2013 11:36 AM
More than 100,000 people have died since violence in Syria began.
- US Issues Global Travel Alert Over Al Qaeda Attack Threat
August 03 2013 9:10 AM
The U.S. says al Qaeda chatter suggests terrorists are planning to attack American targets in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Israel’s Other Settlement Fight: Negev Desert Bedouins Face Forced Relocation
August 02 2013 11:09 PM
Israel is considering a bill that would require the settlement of land claims by Bedouins in the Negev Desert, even if it forces them to move.
- Kerry Says Drone Strikes In Pakistan May End 'Soon'
August 01 2013 2:51 PM
The U.S. Secretary of State made a pseudo-promise that drone strikes in Pakistan may end "very, very soon."
- Egypt Military Breaks Up Pro-Morsi Protests
July 31 2013 12:41 PM
Egypt's interim military-backed government ordered the Interior Ministry to break up violent sit-in protests around Cairo.
- Account Supposedly Belonging To Syria's Assad Pops Up On Instagram
July 31 2013 10:28 AM
In an apparent effort to bolster Assad's image, an Instagram account cropped up last week posting positive pictures of the Syrian leader.
- Syria: Signs Of Civilian Massacre In North Near Aleppo
July 31 2013 8:41 AM
More civilians have been killed in Syria, as rebel and government forces battle over several strategic areas.
- Israeli-Palestinian Talks: Expect A Breakthrough In 9 Months
July 31 2013 12:55 AM
Secretary of State John Kerry said the two parties will meet within the next two weeks to start negotiations.
- Bradley Manning Acquitted Of Aiding The Enemy
July 30 2013 1:23 PM
The WikiLeaks whistle-blower was convicted of five counts of espionage and acquitted of the most serious charge, aiding the enemy.
- Obama Drops In: Israel-Palestinian Peace Talks, Day Two
July 30 2013 10:50 AM
The president is meeting with Israeli and Palestinian negotiators in Washington -- the first direct talks between both sides since 2010.
- Mideast Peace Talks Begin In D.C.
July 29 2013 12:40 PM
After 20 years of stalling, Israeli and Palestinian negotiators are finally sitting down for direct talks.
- Scores Killed By Car Bombs In Iraq
July 29 2013 11:03 AM
A coordinated string of 15 to 17 car bombs killed about 50 people in southern Iraq and around Baghdad Monday.
- Saudi Prince Warns Of Nation's Overdependence On Oil Exports
July 29 2013 10:10 AM
While one prince warns the Saudis about being overly dependent on oil exports, another publicly blasts the royal family.
- Pro-Morsi Demonstrators Stand Firm In Egypt
July 28 2013 3:35 PM
Supporters of the ousted leader say they will continue to demonstrate even after 70 were killed in raids Saturday.
- Israel OKs Palestinian Prisoner Release To Revive Peace Talks
July 28 2013 3:20 PM
Netanyahu persuaded his Cabinet to make a "painful" decision.
- The Egyptian Women’s Revolution, Interrupted
July 27 2013 11:15 AM
Continuing unrest in Egypt has brought an upsurge in sexual violence against women, indicating a deeper crisis in the revolution's identity.
- For Syrian Refugees In Lebanon: Empathy, Resentment And Schadenfreude
July 27 2013 11:11 AM
Syrians who have fled their civil war by taking refuge in Lebanon face a population that is increasingly disturbed by their presence.
- Scores Of Pro-Morsi Protesters Shot Dead: Brotherhood
July 27 2013 9:39 AM
At least 70 people were said to be killed in Cairo on Saturday when Egyptian security forces opened fire on supporters of ousted President Morsi.