- Obama: Airstrikes Will Continue For 'Some Time'
August 09 2014 1:33 PM
President Obama said targeting ISIS strongholds in Iraq are a "long term project" requiring an inclusive Iraqi government.
- No Cease-Fire In Sight For Israel and Hamas
August 09 2014 11:47 AM
More than a day after the 72-hour cease-fire in Gaza, at least 10 Palestinians have been killed and dozens of rockets launched into Israel.
- Thousands Attend Pro-Palestinian Rally in London
August 09 2014 11:26 AM
Tens of thousands march through London calling for a halt to the bloody conflict in Gaza and a ban on UK arms exports to Israel.
- Last Hurrah: Stakes High For Erdogan In Turkish Election
August 09 2014 8:35 AM
Recep Tayyip Erdogan has led Turkey for 12 successful years, but Sunday he faces an election that could determine whether he will face prison.
- US, UN Condemn Renewal Of Attacks By Israel And Hamas
August 09 2014 3:56 AM
More than 1,900 Palestinians and 67 Israelis have been killed over the past four weeks, according to U.N. estimates.
- US Conducts Second Airdrop Of Food And Water For Iraqi Refugees
August 08 2014 11:43 PM
American planes have dropped supplies for an Iraqi religious minority that's trapped in the mountains by the terrorist group ISIS.
- When It Comes To Terrorist Groups, Degrees Of Difference Matter
August 08 2014 8:41 PM
President Obama used the word "barbaric" to describe both Hamas and ISIS this week, but can the two be judged equally?
- US Airstrikes In Iraq Not Just About Targeting ISIS
August 08 2014 5:59 PM
When U.S. Navy jets bombed targets in northern Iraq Friday, they had their sights on helping Kurdish fighters, not only on hurting ISIS.
- ISIS Has 'Vicious Plans' For Kidnapped Yazidi Women
August 08 2014 5:00 PM
An Iraqi Human Rights Ministry spokesperson said ISIS kidnapped hundreds of Yazidi women, and many will be sold or married off to militants.
- Possible Islamic State Attacks On US: What You Need To Know
August 08 2014 4:11 PM
Islamic State called for sleeper-cell attacks on U.S. interests in a response to the authorization of U.S. airstrikes.
- What's An Airdrop, And How Does It Work?
August 08 2014 2:08 PM
The U.S. began to drop relief supplies Friday to beleaguered Yazidi refugees fleeing Islamist militants in Iraq.
- Rockets, Airstrikes Resume As Israel-Gaza Cease-Fire Expires
August 08 2014 12:58 PM
Palestinians said a 10-year-old boy was killed in one of the 10 Israeli airstrikes targeting Gaza.
- FAA Bans Flights Over Iraq By All US Airlines
August 08 2014 12:26 PM
On the same day U.S. Navy jets bombed northern Iraq, the Federal Aviation Administration barred all U.S. airlines from flying over the entire country.
- Here's How A US Airstrike Works, Step By Step
August 08 2014 12:09 PM
Whether Friday morning's airstrike was preplanned or time-sensitive, it involved a complicated multi-step process.
- US Fighter Jets Strike ISIS Targets In Iraq
August 08 2014 11:31 AM
Three years after U.S. operations ended in Iraq, U.S. Navy F/A-18 jets are back over the country, to bomb targets in Kurdistan.
- Iraqi Kurds, Christians Laud US Airstrikes Against ISIS
August 08 2014 11:16 AM
The airstrikes and food drops authorized by President Barack Obama were welcomed by Iraqis who want to return to their homes.
- Mystery Surrounds Death Of Former Hamas Spokesperson
August 08 2014 8:41 AM
Hamas claimed that Ayman Taha, a former spokesman for Hamas in Gaza, was killed in a targeted Israeli airstrike, but the story doesn't end there.
- Israel, Hamas Exchange Fire In Gaza
August 08 2014 2:55 AM
A three-day cease-fire ended earlier on Friday after Israel and Hamas failed to agree on terms for an extended truce.
- Truce In Gaza Is A Complicated And Elusive Goal
August 08 2014 1:05 AM
The end of the 72-hour cease-fire in Gaza has come, with no truce extension or deal in sight.
- Hamas Rockets Strike Israel During Cease-Fire
August 07 2014 10:39 PM
The Israeli military confirmed that two rockets flew into Israel from Gaza hours before the end of the 72-hour cease-fire.