- State Department spokesman John Kirby said the Russian government was welcome to observe the elections, provided it applied through proper channels.
- Norway’s integration minister has faced calls to resign after making controversial comments about Muslim immigrants.
- Andres Granados, one of Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s lawyers, said he would seek a Supreme Court hearing over the drug lord’s extradition to the U.S.
- A mother in Sicily is facing 30 years in prison for killing her son with electric cables.
- Two high-ranking Republicans urged President Barack Obama to hold Russia accountable to the 1987 INF treaty.
- Many of the attendees at the 21st International Clown Convention in Mexico City chanted "We are clowns, not killers!"