- Obama Worried About Gaza Strip Death Toll
July 20 2014 4:33 PM
In a Sunday call with the Israeli Prime Minister, Barack Obama expressed concern over the rising death toll in the Gaza Strip.
- At Least 40 People Shot In Chicago
July 20 2014 2:35 PM
- Video Indicates Separatists Hiding MH17 Black Box
July 20 2014 1:55 PM
Since MH17 was brought down Thursday, investigators have been prevented from finding the black box by pro-Russian separatists.
- Iran Eliminates Sensitive Uranium Gas Stockpile In Deal
July 20 2014 1:10 PM
Iran meets condition of interim agreement, which has been extended.
- John Kerry Put On Spot About Israel Comments
July 20 2014 12:36 PM
During a whirlwind media tour Sunday, John Kerry was recorded making candid comments about the Gaza conflict.
- UN Security Council May Demand Access To Ukraine Crash Site Of MH17
July 20 2014 5:05 AM
The Security Council might also call on states in the region to cooperate with an international investigation.
- Texas Prison Ceiling Collapse Injures 19 Inmates
July 19 2014 6:42 PM
A ceiling collapsed in a privately-owned Texas prison on Saturday, leaving one inmate in critical condition.
- Anti-Amnesty Protests Nationwide Call For Tighter Border Control
July 19 2014 5:19 PM
"We've been invaded. It's a war."
- Staten Island Man Dies In NYPD Chokehold
July 18 2014 3:36 PM
Eric Garner died Thursday after police put him in a chokehold and slammed his head on the ground during his arrest, all of which was taped.
- The Marijuana Industry Needs Banks, And Congress Is Listening
July 18 2014 2:10 PM
An amendment just passed by the House would make the cannabis industry a more attractive partner for financial institutions.
- MH17 Probe Cannot Rule Out Russia's Role: Samantha Power
July 18 2014 11:34 AM
The U.S. ambassador to the U.N. gave the strongest implication yet from the U.S. on Russia's possible role in the MH17 crash.
- Demand For International Probe On MH17 Grows Amid Accusations
July 18 2014 3:56 AM
The Boeing 777 airplane was carrying 298 people on board when it crashed into a village about 25 miles from the Russian border.
- Clinton Points Finger At Pro-Moscow Separatists In MH17 Crash
July 18 2014 2:58 AM
The former U.S. Secretary of State also called on the European Union to join the U.S. in taking a tougher stand against Moscow.
- 'Blown Out Of The Sky'
July 17 2014 7:17 PM
U.S. officials said MH17 was shot down with a surface-to-air missile, and a "heat signature" may help them trace its origin.
- Police Admit Using Surveillance Meant For Terrorists On Regular Folks
July 17 2014 2:03 PM
Little is known about the "Stingray" cell phone surveillance technology, and police hope to keep it that way.
- California Death Penalty So 'Dysfunctional,' It's Unconstitutional
July 16 2014 6:08 PM
Long delays in implementing the death penalty in California violate the constitutional ban on cruel and unusual punishment.
- Prepare For Climate Change? Not If House GOP Can Help It
July 16 2014 3:50 PM
The military says climate is a national security issue, but two House amendments would slash spending on climate research.
- 'Archie' Ban In Singapore Revives Larger Anti-LGBT Issue
July 16 2014 1:24 PM
In one of the world's richest, most modern countries, gay sex is still a criminal offense.
- Why Chinese Hackers Have Started To Think Small
July 16 2014 12:31 PM
A recent report said Chinese hackers have gone off the beaten path to choose which U.S. government agencies to target this year.
- Immigration Activist Released From Detention
July 16 2014 12:23 PM
Jose Antonio Vargas, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and high-profile undocumented immigrant, was set free for being a low-priority case.