- IMF Board Stands By Lagarde Amid French Corruption Probe
August 29 2014 5:58 PM
French magistrates have put Lagarde under formal investigation for "negligence" after questioning her for a fourth time.
- Cop Who Pointed Rifle At Ferguson Protests Quits
August 29 2014 5:35 PM
On Aug. 19, Officer Ray Albers pointed his rifle at a Ferguson protester during a verbal exchange.
- Possible Gunman En Route To Obama Fundraiser
August 29 2014 4:26 PM
Area police spotted a man armed with an assault riffle driving toward the president's fundraising event, according to a local report.
- Ukrainian Separatists Shoot Down 4 Fighter Jets, They Say
August 29 2014 4:01 PM
Four fighter jets in the Donetsk region have been shot down by Ukrainian separatists, they say.
- Britain Raises Terror Warning, Citing Iraq And Syria
August 29 2014 1:40 PM
The U.K. raised its terror threat level to "severe," meaning a terrorist attack is "highly likely."
- Midterm Elections And The Mother's Milk Of Politics
August 29 2014 12:39 PM
Despite the president's unpopularity, the House Democrats' campaign arm is faring better at fundraising in 2014 than it did in 2010.
- How Rick Perry's Indictment Could Actually Boost His Chances In 2016
August 29 2014 12:07 PM
Rick Perry might be enjoying a rise among Republicans after being indicted. But will it last?
- 5 Ways Obama Could Go On Immigration Reform
August 29 2014 11:14 AM
The president is expected to announce executive orders on immigration reform after Labor Day. Here are five possible actions he could take.
- Universities Hike Screenings For West African Students Over Ebola Concerns
August 29 2014 10:16 AM
Some parents of U.S. college students are worried about their kids rooming with students from West Africa.
- Where Does Ferguson Police Force Go From Here?
August 29 2014 9:30 AM
City leaders hope to repair the damage done by the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, but changes could take years to implement.
- Ted Cruz Beefs Up Staff: Is He Running For President In 2016?
August 29 2014 8:51 AM
Ted Cruz hired three political operatives with ties to presidential primary states, fueling speculation about a run in 2016.
- ISIS Waterboarded US Reporter James Foley, Echoing Bush Tactics
August 29 2014 7:06 AM
The Islamic State reportedly picked on James Foley because it found photographs of his brother working in the U.S. Air Force.
- Missouri Police Sued For $40 Million Over Ferguson Protests
August 29 2014 6:00 AM
The plaintiffs allege civil rights violations through arrests and assaults by police officers, following the shooting of Michael Brown.
- Anonymous Calls for Missouri Strike Over Michael Brown Shooting
August 29 2014 4:00 AM
The 'hacktivist' collective urged Missouri workers to strike in protest at the police shooting of black teenager Michael Brown.
- U.S. May Use Secrets Act To Stop Lawsuit Against Iran Sanctions Group
August 29 2014 3:22 AM
U.S. government lawyers have said that information related to UANI in the lawsuit could jeopardize law enforcement activities.
- US Identifies Americans Fighting For ISIS In Syria
August 29 2014 12:44 AM
Using social media, intercepted communications and monitoring of citizens abroad, U.S. law enforcement said it was able to identify citizens fighting in Syria.
- US Hiking Exit Fees For Fair-Weather Patriots
August 28 2014 7:38 PM
Americans who want to renounce their U.S. citizenship have to pay $2,350.
- White House, ISIS React To Obama's 'We Don't Have A Strategy'
August 28 2014 7:02 PM
The White House quickly moved to clarify Obama's statement that the U.S. did not have a strategy in place yet to deal with ISIS in Syria.
- Obama Stops Short Of Calling Russian Move An ‘Invasion’
August 28 2014 5:19 PM
The president says a "military solution to this problem is not going to be forthcoming.”
- Defeating ISIS Will Take A Regional Coalition -- And U.S. Doesn't Have Strategy Yet, Says Obama
August 28 2014 5:05 PM
Defeating the "cancer" will take a coalition of regional partners and a stabilization of the situation in Syria.