- Kerry Meets With Egypt's al-Sisi As US Unlocks Military Aid
June 22 2014 6:26 PM
Kerry is the highest ranked U.S. official to visit Egypt since al-Sisi was elected president in May.
- Netanyahu To US: Don't Cooperate With Iran On ISIS
June 22 2014 5:52 PM
Netanyahu says a better idea would be to pit Iran against the Sunni extremists.
- U.S. Missile Defense System Hits Target In Key Test -Sources
June 22 2014 4:59 PM
- Sunni Militants Ship Captured U.S. Humvees To Allies in Syria
June 22 2014 4:32 PM
Pentagon aware of pictures showing U.S. Humvees in ISIS hands.
- Polish FM Sikorski Calls Americans 'Complete Losers' In Secret Recording
June 22 2014 3:46 PM
A Polish paper plans to release on Monday a full transcript of the conversation.
- Overwhelmed Texas Border Agents To Get Relief
June 22 2014 12:44 PM
Border Patrol is detaining 700 migrants a day.
- An Influx Of Central American Migrants May Be Hurting Border Security
June 21 2014 1:46 PM
Drug smugglers are exploiting the distraction caused by thousands of Central American migrants for Border Patrol.
- US Must Regulate Sale And Use Of Armed Drones: CFR
June 20 2014 6:06 PM
Armed drones have revolutionized warfare, but still leave many questions to be resolved.
- House Defense Bill Curbs NSA Spying, Bars Gitmo Releases
June 20 2014 5:10 PM
The House bill gives the Pentagon more money for equipment, less for military health, and severely curbs Obama and the NSA.
- Iraqis Say They Don't Want US Troops To Return
June 20 2014 5:05 PM
Scarred by a decade of war, many Iraqis fear another U.S. intervention. Obama is pushing Baghdad to find a political solution.
- US Opening More Detention Centers To Cope With Border Influx
June 20 2014 4:49 PM
Nearly 100,000 Central Americans, including 52,000 unaccompanied minors, have crossed into the U.S. since October.
- Gay Marriage Rights Easier Said Than Done
June 20 2014 4:38 PM
For many gay couples, getting those federal protections means a long trip to a distant state to get married.
- New York Legalizes Medical Marijuana
June 20 2014 2:48 PM
The Compassionate Care Act comes with a few restrictions -- smoking is still prohibited.
- The Return of Ahmad Chalabi In Iraq?
June 20 2014 1:51 PM
The onetime darling of Washington is jockeying again for the top job in Iraq, but he's a very controversial figure.
- Same-Sex Couples Will Get Extended Workplace Protections
June 20 2014 11:41 AM
Same-sex couples will receive both workplace protections and most federal benefits even if their state doesn't allow gay marriage.
- Watch the NY Senate Vote On Legalizing Medical Marijuana
June 20 2014 10:30 AM
As part of an agreement between Gov. Andrew Cuomo and lawmakers, patients won't be able to smoke the drug.
- Pope Francis Says No On Legalizing Marijuana
June 20 2014 8:06 AM
The pope railed against marijuana legalization while speaking at a drug-enforcement conference in Rome.
- House Moves on NSA, CIA Snooping
June 20 2014 2:33 AM
The House is expected to close the $570 billion defense bill on Friday.
- McCarthy Elected Majority Leader; Scalise Wins Whip Race
June 19 2014 4:36 PM
McCarthy has conservative credentials but is also a pragmatist. Can he last?
- Could Detroit Help Solve America’s Public Pension Problem?
June 19 2014 2:03 PM
City officials and unions are trying to fix the Motor City’s unfunded pension obligations. If it works, the cure could spread.