- ISIS Waterboarded US Reporter James Foley, Echoing Bush Tactics
August 29 2014 7:06 AM
The Islamic State reportedly picked on James Foley because it found photographs of his brother working in the U.S. Air Force.
- Missouri Police Sued For $40 Million Over Ferguson Protests
August 29 2014 6:00 AM
The plaintiffs allege civil rights violations through arrests and assaults by police officers, following the shooting of Michael Brown.
- Anonymous Calls for Missouri Strike Over Michael Brown Shooting
August 29 2014 4:00 AM
The 'hacktivist' collective urged Missouri workers to strike in protest at the police shooting of black teenager Michael Brown.
- U.S. May Use Secrets Act To Stop Lawsuit Against Iran Sanctions Group
August 29 2014 3:22 AM
U.S. government lawyers have said that information related to UANI in the lawsuit could jeopardize law enforcement activities.
- US Identifies Americans Fighting For ISIS In Syria
August 29 2014 12:44 AM
Using social media, intercepted communications and monitoring of citizens abroad, U.S. law enforcement said it was able to identify citizens fighting in Syria.
- US Hiking Exit Fees For Fair-Weather Patriots
August 28 2014 7:38 PM
Americans who want to renounce their U.S. citizenship have to pay $2,350.
- White House, ISIS React To Obama's 'We Don't Have A Strategy'
August 28 2014 7:02 PM
The White House quickly moved to clarify Obama's statement that the U.S. did not have a strategy in place yet to deal with ISIS in Syria.
- Obama Stops Short Of Calling Russian Move An ‘Invasion’
August 28 2014 5:19 PM
The president says a "military solution to this problem is not going to be forthcoming.”
- Defeating ISIS Will Take A Regional Coalition -- And U.S. Doesn't Have Strategy Yet, Says Obama
August 28 2014 5:05 PM
Defeating the "cancer" will take a coalition of regional partners and a stabilization of the situation in Syria.
- Why Obama Will (Or Won't) Bomb ISIS In Syria
August 28 2014 2:30 PM
President Obama is considering airstrikes on ISIS targets in Syria. Here are five reasons why he will -- or will not -- authorize them.
- Surfer Killed In Malibu As Huge Waves Batter California Coast
August 28 2014 8:57 AM
Despite the danger, surfers are still flocking to Southern California's beaches.
- John Lennon's Killer Brags Of 'Incredible Planning' At Parole Hearing
August 28 2014 5:20 AM
Mark David Chapman, who gunned down the Beatles icon in 1980, was denied parole for the eighth time since being incarcerated.
- Accidental Death Of Gun Instructor Reignites Bitter Debate
August 28 2014 3:16 AM
Americans are debating the wisdom of allowing children access to guns after a 9-year-old accidentally shot dead her firearms instructor.
- American Suicide Bomber Says He Was Watched By FBI
August 28 2014 1:45 AM
Abu-Salha also claims that he drew inspiration from the lectures of Anwar al-Awlaki, the radical US cleric who was killed in a drone strike.
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Sister Arrested Over Bomb Threat
August 28 2014 12:11 AM
Ailina Tsarnaeva allegedly made the threat against a New York woman involved in a child-custody dispute with her boyfriend.
- Utah Anti-Polygamy Law Partially Struck Down By Judge
August 27 2014 8:58 PM
A lawsuit brought by the starts of the TLC reality show, "Sister Wives" means that polygamy has effectively been decriminalized in Utah.
- Minnesota Town Sued For Denying Mosque Permit
August 27 2014 8:50 PM
Federal prosecutors say St. Anthony Village is discriminating against Muslims, but city officials say its simply a matter of zoning.
- Obama Pursues 'Hybrid' Global Climate Treaty
August 27 2014 8:21 PM
The approach would allow Obama to sidestep Congress in joining a global pact to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Second American Killed Fighting For ISIS In Syria: Report
August 27 2014 4:54 PM
The State Department is investigating reports that a second American was killed fighting for the extremists.
- US Court Rules Domestic Violence Is Grounds For Asylum
August 27 2014 4:28 PM
The precedent-setting ruling caps off a 20-year struggle and could affect hundreds of Central American women currently facing deportation.