- Texas Prison Ceiling Collapse Injures 19 Inmates
July 19 2014 6:42 PM
A ceiling collapsed in a privately-owned Texas prison on Saturday, leaving one inmate in critical condition.
- Anti-Amnesty Protests Nationwide Call For Tighter Border Control
July 19 2014 5:19 PM
"We've been invaded. It's a war."
- Staten Island Man Dies In NYPD Chokehold
July 18 2014 3:36 PM
Eric Garner died Thursday after police put him in a chokehold and slammed his head on the ground during his arrest, all of which was taped.
- The Marijuana Industry Needs Banks, And Congress Is Listening
July 18 2014 2:10 PM
An amendment just passed by the House would make the cannabis industry a more attractive partner for financial institutions.
- MH17 Probe Cannot Rule Out Russia's Role: Samantha Power
July 18 2014 11:34 AM
The U.S. ambassador to the U.N. gave the strongest implication yet from the U.S. on Russia's possible role in the MH17 crash.
- Demand For International Probe On MH17 Grows Amid Accusations
July 18 2014 3:56 AM
The Boeing 777 airplane was carrying 298 people on board when it crashed into a village about 25 miles from the Russian border.
- Clinton Points Finger At Pro-Moscow Separatists In MH17 Crash
July 18 2014 2:58 AM
The former U.S. Secretary of State also called on the European Union to join the U.S. in taking a tougher stand against Moscow.
- 'Blown Out Of The Sky'
July 17 2014 7:17 PM
U.S. officials said MH17 was shot down with a surface-to-air missile, and a "heat signature" may help them trace its origin.
- Police Admit Using Surveillance Meant For Terrorists On Regular Folks
July 17 2014 2:03 PM
Little is known about the "Stingray" cell phone surveillance technology, and police hope to keep it that way.
- California Death Penalty So 'Dysfunctional,' It's Unconstitutional
July 16 2014 6:08 PM
Long delays in implementing the death penalty in California violate the constitutional ban on cruel and unusual punishment.
- Prepare For Climate Change? Not If House GOP Can Help It
July 16 2014 3:50 PM
The military says climate is a national security issue, but two House amendments would slash spending on climate research.
- 'Archie' Ban In Singapore Revives Larger Anti-LGBT Issue
July 16 2014 1:24 PM
In one of the world's richest, most modern countries, gay sex is still a criminal offense.
- Why Chinese Hackers Have Started To Think Small
July 16 2014 12:31 PM
A recent report said Chinese hackers have gone off the beaten path to choose which U.S. government agencies to target this year.
- Immigration Activist Released From Detention
July 16 2014 12:23 PM
Jose Antonio Vargas, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and high-profile undocumented immigrant, was set free for being a low-priority case.
- Hillary Clinton's Hard Choice
July 16 2014 6:33 AM
On his show Tuesday, Jon Stewart tried to pry out an answer to the question everyone would love to ask Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- US Seeks To Double Funding For Israel's Iron Dome
July 16 2014 5:48 AM
Even as the fighting in Gaza rages on, a U.S. subcommittee on defense approved $351 million in funds for Israel's Iron Dome system.
- US, EU Mull Fresh Sanctions Against Russia
July 16 2014 2:39 AM
A rocket attack Tuesday in the Donetsk region, which killed 11 people, could have come from Russia, according to a military analyst.
- Is America Ready For Six Californias?
July 15 2014 10:43 PM
Tim Draper's campaign to split California into six states claims enough signatures to make the November 2016 ballot.
- Is Syria The New Rwanda? World Stands Silent, Again
July 15 2014 7:38 PM
On the 20th anniversary of the end of the Rwandan genocide, the world watches as thousands are killed in Syria's endless civil war.
- Cannabis Companies Fear Big Agribusiness Will Go Green
July 15 2014 5:19 PM
Many hemp producers, reviving an old American crop, are pursuing rope, not dope.