- Senate Approves Funding For Syrian Rebels Fighting ISIS
September 18 2014 9:29 PM
The Senate approved sending support to Syrian moderates. GOP pols staked out their positions on ISIS -- and Obama's strategy.
- Polls Close On Scotland Referendum Vote
September 18 2014 6:32 PM
It's just a matter of counting the votes to determine if Scotland will be independent from the United Kingdom.
- Joe Biden Bites His Tongue On Scottish Independence
September 18 2014 3:13 PM
"I'm going to stay out of that," the vice president said after he was about to be candid about his views on Scottish independence.
- Why Boko Haram Has Been Ignored
September 18 2014 1:15 PM
Remember #BringBackOurGirls? Boko Haram continues to terrorize Nigeria, yet it's largely been overlooked by Western powers.
- Poroshenko Asks Congress For $46M, Meets With Obama Amid Crisis
September 18 2014 12:13 PM
President Barack Obama is expected to announce the aid package in a meeting with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko.
- US Deportations Still Sweep Up Non-Criminals
September 18 2014 9:25 AM
President Obama vowed to deport serious, violent criminals before others, but many deportees have no criminal record.
- Poroshenko Expected To Request Further Aid During US Visit
September 18 2014 2:49 AM
Kiev has reportedly been asking for advanced military technology from the U.S., which the Obama administration has so far refused to provide.
- US To Press India On Trade Row During Modi's Washington Visit
September 18 2014 1:22 AM
Assistant Secretary of State Nisha Biswal said the WTO agreement to ease worldwide customs rules would "certainly" be a topic for conversation.
- Americans Divided About Obama's Middle East Policies
September 17 2014 11:09 PM
But, about 70 percent of all Americans surveyed in the latest New York Times/CBS News Poll said they approved of US airstrikes on ISIS.
- US 'Space Taxi' Will Have Seat For Paying Tourists
September 17 2014 10:56 PM
The new U.S. program to ferry astronauts to the International Space Station will also accommodate tourists, for a hefty price.
- US And Iran To Resume Nuclear Talks
September 17 2014 10:17 PM
After a two-month standstill, the U.S. will again turn its focus on Iran's nuclear program.
- Does The US Need Ground Forces To Fight ISIS?
September 17 2014 9:01 PM
The Obama administration is adamant the battle against ISIS will not involve U.S. combat troops. What it will take to beat the militants.
- EV D68 Spreads To New York City, New Jersey
September 17 2014 5:12 PM
Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) has officially been confirmed in patients in New York City and New Jersey, health officials said.
- Midterm Election Poll Has GOP Outperforming Dems
September 17 2014 4:38 PM
President Barack Obama's low voter approval ratings could help deliver Congress to the Republicans.
- Why Obama Is Stalling On Immigration, Keystone
September 17 2014 3:47 PM
Obama is delaying action on important issues to protect vulnerable Democrats running for re-election.
- 'Anybody Who Says We’re Not Still Relevant, They’re Wrong'
September 17 2014 2:40 PM
In a gathering that gets smaller every year, about two dozen advocates met on Wednesday for Occupy Wall Street's third anniversary.
- How Clinton May Benefit If GOP Takes Senate
September 17 2014 1:10 PM
Presidential candidates in 2016 will want to run against Congress, and having their party in the majority might not help.
- Obama Delays Signature Power Plant Rule
September 17 2014 11:02 AM
The EPA extended the rule's public comment period until December amid complaints that state agencies need more time for review.
- Ebola In America? US Lawmakers Are 'Worried'
September 17 2014 8:55 AM
The Ebola outbreak in West Africa has killed about 2,400 people and is expected to infect thousands more.
- Russian Official Dismisses US Call For Action Against ISIS
September 17 2014 7:32 AM
Last week, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry had called on Russia to help the U.S. counter the rise of the Islamic State.