- House Republicans In Impeachment Move Against Eric Holder
November 14 2013 6:54 AM
Holder has been criticized for his role in a bungled federal operation dubbed Fast and Furious and several other scandals.
- Two Secret Service Men Fired From Obama Detail On Misconduct Charges
November 13 2013 10:51 PM
Two Secret Service supervisors have been punished over an incident at a D.C. hotel.
- Obamacare Enrollment To-Date: Super Low
November 13 2013 4:53 PM
Only 106,000 Americans have selected health insurance plans through HealthCare.Gov or other state marketplaces, the Obama administration says.
- Brashear High School Shooting: At Least 3 People Shot At Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, School
November 13 2013 3:20 PM
Three students were shot at Brashear High School in Pittsburgh. Two suspects in custody.
- US Budget Negotiators Still Talking, But No Signs Of Progress (Yet)
November 13 2013 1:35 PM
Budget committee leaders have said they won’t waste time debating unresolved points, but will focus on where deals can be cut.
- Sarah Palin: Media Is Portraying Pope Francis As A Liberal
November 13 2013 10:14 AM
Former veep candidate Gov. Sarah Palin says she's taken aback by Pope Francis' "liberal" statements, but wonders if it's media distortion.
- WikiLeaks Leaks TPP Chapter On Intellectual Property
November 13 2013 9:14 AM
The full chapter of the broader international trade agreement raises concerns about individual rights and free expression.
- De Blasio To Settle Central Park Five Lawsuit Over Bogus Convictions
November 12 2013 8:33 PM
Ken Burns says the mayor-elect has agreed to settle the lawsuit brought by the men wrongly convicted of raping the Central Park jogger.
- Hawaii Passes Same-Sex Marriage, Will Be 15th State
November 12 2013 8:25 PM
A popular honeymoon spot will now welcome all couples.
- The Tweet That Could Cost Spike Lee $25,000
November 12 2013 5:49 PM
In March 2012, the “Do the Right Thing” director erroneously retweeted an address that belonged to an elderly Central Florida couple, not George Zimmerman.
- Green Tea: The Surprising Tea Party Environmentalists
November 12 2013 5:44 PM
Debby Dooley is a Tea Party Patriot and self-described "dangerous right-wing extremist." So why is she working with the Sierra Club?
- 'Brosurance' Ad Creators Are Back With Casual Sex-Centric Obamacare Ads for Ladies
November 12 2013 5:17 PM
The creators of last month's "brosurance" ad are back, promoting Obamacare with a woman looking for casual sex.
- How Low Can Congress' Job Approval Rating Go?
November 12 2013 4:47 PM
The previous low approval rating was 10 percent in 2012, according to Gallup. Now it's lower than that.
- Why US Immigration Reform May (Or May Not) Die In 2013
November 12 2013 3:48 PM
Optimists say immigration reform may happen in 2014 if not this year. But some say its chances of happening are nil in either case.
- Overton HS Gun: RG26 Handgun, Magazine With Live Rounds Found In Student's Backpack
November 12 2013 1:33 PM
The student, a 15-year-old, was charged with possession of a weapon on school property after allegedly bringing a gun to Overton High School.
- Man Dies After Opening 'Pandora's Box': Jason Airey's Cause Of Death Remains A Mystery
November 12 2013 12:20 PM
Jason Airey died after opening a container labeled "Pandora's box." An inquest couldn't determine why his heart stopped.
- Richard Cohen Has A Problem With Interracial Marriage
November 12 2013 12:13 PM
Washington Post columnist Richard Cohen apparently thinks it's common to gag at the sight of an interracial couple.
- John Gotti Jr. Stabbed: Ex-Mafia Boss Says He Was Breaking Up Fight On Long Island
November 12 2013 11:27 AM
John Gotti Jr. took himself to a hospital after he said he was stabbed in the stomach while trying to break up a fight at a CVS.
- Stephen Van Alphen Arrested: Florida Man Naked Allegedly Offered To Show His Penis To Sheriff's Deputies
November 12 2013 9:21 AM
Stephen Van Alphen claims he's harmless, but his neighbors want him to move after he also allegedly exposed himself to a 6-year-old boy.
- How The US Lost UNESCO Voting Rights (And Why It’s A Big Deal)
November 12 2013 6:21 AM
The U.S. deprived UNESCO of 22% of its funding, so UNESCO deprived the U.S. of its voting rights. Both actions have consequences.