- Iraqis Say They Don't Want US Troops To Return
June 20 2014 5:05 PM
Scarred by a decade of war, many Iraqis fear another U.S. intervention. Obama is pushing Baghdad to find a political solution.
- US Opening More Detention Centers To Cope With Border Influx
June 20 2014 4:49 PM
Nearly 100,000 Central Americans, including 52,000 unaccompanied minors, have crossed into the U.S. since October.
- Gay Marriage Rights Easier Said Than Done
June 20 2014 4:38 PM
For many gay couples, getting those federal protections means a long trip to a distant state to get married.
- New York Legalizes Medical Marijuana
June 20 2014 2:48 PM
The Compassionate Care Act comes with a few restrictions -- smoking is still prohibited.
- The Return of Ahmad Chalabi In Iraq?
June 20 2014 1:51 PM
The onetime darling of Washington is jockeying again for the top job in Iraq, but he's a very controversial figure.
- Same-Sex Couples Will Get Extended Workplace Protections
June 20 2014 11:41 AM
Same-sex couples will receive both workplace protections and most federal benefits even if their state doesn't allow gay marriage.
- Watch the NY Senate Vote On Legalizing Medical Marijuana
June 20 2014 10:30 AM
As part of an agreement between Gov. Andrew Cuomo and lawmakers, patients won't be able to smoke the drug.
- Pope Francis Says No On Legalizing Marijuana
June 20 2014 8:06 AM
The pope railed against marijuana legalization while speaking at a drug-enforcement conference in Rome.
- House Moves on NSA, CIA Snooping
June 20 2014 2:33 AM
The House is expected to close the $570 billion defense bill on Friday.
- McCarthy Elected Majority Leader; Scalise Wins Whip Race
June 19 2014 4:36 PM
McCarthy has conservative credentials but is also a pragmatist. Can he last?
- Could Detroit Help Solve America’s Public Pension Problem?
June 19 2014 2:03 PM
City officials and unions are trying to fix the Motor City’s unfunded pension obligations. If it works, the cure could spread.
- Obama Commits 300 Military Advisers To Iraq
June 19 2014 1:57 PM
"American forces will not return to combat in Iraq," the president said, calling those being deployed "military advisers."
- Is ISIS Going To Attack America? Leader Hasn't Ramped Up Anti-Western Rhetoric
June 19 2014 12:42 PM
Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi hasn't ramped up anti-Western rhetoric to the extent of al-Qaeda.
- ISIS Seizes Saddam-Era Chemical Weapons Facility
June 19 2014 11:49 AM
The Al Muthanna complex was bombed during the Gulf War, but chemical agents and weapons still remain in place.
- Maliki Won't Resign As Condition Of US Airstrikes
June 19 2014 8:20 AM
The U.S. reportedly wants Maliki to step down in return for helping the Iraqi army with military force.
- Taliban Suicide Bombers Blow Up NATO Trucks
June 19 2014 3:17 AM
The Taliban has vowed to disrupt Afghanistan's ongoing presidential elections, and has stepped up attacks in the region.
- Iraq Formally Asks US To Launch Airstrikes Against ISIS
June 19 2014 1:00 AM
While fighting continued for control of the Baiji oil refinery, a report estimated that oil prices could rise by $15 to $20 a barrel.
- Ongoing Ukraine Violence Could Hurt Russia More: Biden
June 19 2014 12:42 AM
Biden's warning came as fighting continued in the east, which has killed 147 Ukrainian soldiers and wounded hundreds more.
- Mulling Iraq Action, Obama Tells Congress: 'I'll Keep You Posted'
June 18 2014 10:24 PM
Obama reminded leaders he doesn't need their permission to act, but briefed them on efforts to strengthen Iraq's security forces.
- Native Americans Offended Not Just By Redskins, But Ruling Is A Start
June 18 2014 5:05 PM
Native Americans tribal leaders say adopting Indian nomenclature and images to sell sports paraphernalia is inappropriate.