- Marijuana Legalization Vote Makes Alaska Ballot
February 04 2014 9:17 PM
The ballot is expected to be certified by next week for a vote in the state's August primary.
- Senate Passes Farm Bill, Sends It To Obama For Signature
February 04 2014 3:54 PM
The Senate voted 68-32 to pass the bill, which is more than a year overdue after congressional negotiations were caught up on a various issues.
- CBO: Under Obamacare, Americans To Move Away From Full-Time Work
February 04 2014 3:38 PM
Because of benefits from Obamacare, 2.3 million Americans may opt not to work full-time by 2021. Republican anger is misguided.
- Feds Save 16 Teens In Super Bowl Prostitution Bust
February 04 2014 1:51 PM
The FBI said large events such as the Super Bowl are "lucrative opportunities" for pimps.
- LaGuardia Airport Terminal C Evacuated
February 04 2014 12:32 PM
The New York airport terminal was evacuated after a suspicious bag was seen with smoke coming out of it.
- China To Increase Military Spending To $148 Billion
February 04 2014 12:10 PM
China is now spending on defense as much as several European heavyweights combined. But can it fight wars and win them?
- NJ State Trooper Allegedly Drops Chris Christie's Name In Shoplifting Case
February 04 2014 10:00 AM
New Jersey State Trooper William Carvounis faces two counts of retail theft for allegedly shoplifting items from a Pennsylvania Cabela's.
- Coca-Cola's Super Bowl Ad Draws Anger From Right
February 03 2014 1:25 PM
Coca-Cola's commercial featuring "America the Beautiful" sung in various languages was heartwarming. So why is the right so mad?
- Tax Refunds Could Help Bring Along A US Default
February 03 2014 12:57 PM
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew says issuing tax refunds will complicate the debt-limit issue.
- Drones, Arctic Domain Among US Navy's Priorities
February 03 2014 11:29 AM
The Navy wants to explore underwater drones and capitalize on Arctic sea routes, but budget cutbacks may limit what it can do.
- Are Indian IT Companies Equipped To Deal With Immigration Reform?
February 03 2014 5:29 AM
Here's why immigration lawyer Sheela Murthy, famous in the Indian community here and abroad, doesn't think so.
- Mass. Grants 20 Medical Marijuana Dispensary Licenses
February 01 2014 9:26 PM
Massachusetts is turning legislation into brick and mortar with the granting of 20 medical marijuana licenses on Friday.
- Office of Governor Chris Christie's Scathing Email Attacking New York Times and David Wildstein
February 01 2014 8:53 PM
Letter questions the credibility of Wildstein and the reporting of the New York Times.
- Are Democrats Ready To Compromise On Citizenship?
February 01 2014 12:47 PM
The legal status of 11 million undocumented immigrants hangs in the balance as Democrats and Republicans try to find a common position on reform.
- President Obama Elaborates Upon His Stance On Marijuana, Takes Aim At Legal System
January 31 2014 9:04 PM
He's softening his stance on marijuana, but how does he plan to remedy the pot situation?
- NY State Plans To Exterminate Mute Swans, Calling Them ‘Invasive Species’
January 31 2014 11:30 AM
New York determined that wild mute swans are a “prohibitive invasive species” who pose a grave threat to humans, to other creatures and their habitats.
- This Week In IBTimes Magazine
January 31 2014 10:46 AM
Starting life anew, corporate references in rap, and Mexico's income disparity - IBTimes Magazine: a deep dive into global business and politics.
- Can Software Tycoon Vivek Ranadive Make The NBA Popular In India?
January 31 2014 9:20 AM
The NBA has turned its eyes toward another huge (but largely untapped) Asian market -– India and its 1.2 billion people.
- GOP Immigration Reform Principles: Legal Status, But No Citizenship [DOCUMENT]
January 30 2014 4:56 PM
Read the House Republican document, which will guide the party's immigration-reform policies, to see what's inside.
- The NSA Has A Civil Liberties And Privacy Officer
January 30 2014 3:04 PM
The agency caught spying on Americans announced that it has a new Civil Liberties and Privacy Officer, but who is she?