It’s time, “Pretty Little Liars” fans! After a couple months hiatus, the hit ABC Family show is returning for its season 5 premiere on Tuesday, June 10, after a hiatus of about two months. York”? We’re breaking down a list of spoilers:
1. The Beginning: The Season 4 finale, “A is for Answers,” ended with the girls on a New York City rooftop with a wounded Ezra. The Season 5 premiere, “EscApe From New York,” will pick up right where fans left off. Showrunner Marlene King told TV Line that the new episode “feels like part of the finale.”
2. Paily: Emily and Paige didn’t seem to be on great terms when Season 4 wrapped up. However, King promised TV Guide that the pair have a “deep love” for each other and that it will pick up in premiere.
3. The Hastings: The Hastings family was acting extremely suspicious during the Season 4 finale. Mr. Hastings seemed bent on protecting someone, while Melissa shared some mysterious secret with him. It’s unclear how much will be revealed, but photos from the first day on set reveal that the whole family is still together.
4. Officer Holbrook: Based on more set photos from day one of filming it appears as if Officer Holbrook will also still be in the picture. Last time “Pretty Little Liars” fans saw him he had been questioning CeCe and Veronica Hastings.
5. A Flashback: Photos from the premiere episode tease another look at Ezra and Alison’s relationship. Viewers finally got to see the pair together during the Season 4 finale, but their relationship will be further explored in what appears to be a flashback in Season 5 episode 1.
6. Ezra’s Fate: Thanks to the Liars, Ezra will end up getting treated in the hospital for his gunshot wound. But that doesn’t mean he’s in the clear. Now that he revealed that he knows “A’s” identity, the hooded tormentor wants to make sure that his/her secret remains.
The girls want to know the truth though, and in order to protect Ezra the Liars will set up a trap to “finally flush out ‘A.’”
7. Shana: Shana fled town during Season 4, but she’s not gone for good. For some reason she’ll show up in Ezra’s hospital room in the Season 5 premiere.
8. Mona: We learned about Mona’s connection to Alison’s disappearance at the end of last season, and now fans can look forward to seeing the teen’s reaction to her former nemesis’s “resurrection.” Needless to say, Mona is “not pleased” about the news.
The Season 5 Premiere of “Pretty Little Liars” will air on ABC Family on Tuesday, June 10 at 8 p.m. EDT. What do you think will happen in episode 1? Tweet your thoughts and theories on “EscApe From New York” to @AmandaTVScoop.