“Pretty Little Liars” has a pretty big milestone coming up in Season 5: A huge, drama-packed 100th episode!
In only 100 episodes, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily dealt with a mysterious torturer, endured breakups, battled drug problems and escaped numerous deadly situations. Now, their lives have taken a huge turn as Alison has returned to Rosewood.
Episode 5 of the current season will double as the 100th-episode special for the series, and “Pretty Little Liars” fans won’t want to miss it when it airs on Tuesday, July 8.
So what can viewers expect? How about, for starters, the return of familiar faces and one Liar's attempt to start over with a clean slate?
According to the synopsis for “Miss Me x 100,” Alison will make her big return to Rosewood High School after having been “kidnapped.” And while the other Liars may be happy about the return of their old friend, Mona (and her anti-Alison army) are ready to take down the former Queen B.
Continue Reading Below
Alison’s not one easily defeated though. With a brave face on, the teen is ready to “help heal the damage she did years ago.” But is an apology from Alison enough to make her enemies move on? “Not if Mona and her army have anything to say about it,” teases the episode 5 synopsis.
While tension builds up at school, things in town take an interesting turn when Caleb and “an old foe” return.
Juicy scoop, right? That’s not all we’ve got on the 100th episode. Check out the promo photos for “Miss Me x 100” and take a look at the eight things we learned:
1. Lucas has a foxy new look … and he's still seemingly working with Mona on her anti-Alison campaign.
2. Paige and the new girl, Sydney (Chloe Bridges), appear to be becoming good friends.
3. Hanna’s got a hot new hairdo. Her blonde locks are now shoulder length, with pieces of her hair underneath dyed black. And while the teen is still keeping her trendy hair style, she definitely darkened up her wardrobe.
4. Jenna is back in the picture! But is she with the anti-Alison club?
5. Caleb has returned to Rosewood, and like Hanna, he has a new look going on. His long hair is cut short and shaggy, and he’s rocking a darker wardrobe.
6. A new club may form in Rosewood. One photo shows the Liars and their significant others (except Paige) together for some sort of viewing party …. Including Ezra and Caleb!
7. It can’t be overlooked that Emily and Alison are holding hands. Is it to lend each other support? Or is a relationship between the pair starting back up?
8. Hanna is in the middle of a sexy love triangle with Travis and Caleb. But how long can it last until someone gets hurt?
Episode 5 of “Pretty Little Liars” will air on ABC Family on Tuesday, July 8 at 8 p.m. EDT. What are you excited to see unfold in the 100th episode? Tweet your thoughts to @AmandaTVScoop.