Key performance indicators for the third quarter ended 30 September 2011
• Profit for the period, after Tongon adjustment, increased by 29% on previous quarter
• Group production maintained despite weather challenges at Loulo and Gounkoto
• Cash costs reduced and profit from mining increased by more than 50% at Loulo complex
• Loulo underground improving performance trend continues
• Ore haulage operation from Gounkoto to Loulo enhanced by arrival of fleet of 50t Volvo trucks
• Hard rock crushing circuit commissioned at Tongon and mine officially opened by President of Côte d’Ivoire
• All significant long lead items and permitting for Kibali in place; on track for Q4 2013 commissioning
• Advanced grade control drilling started at Kibali
• Annual review of greenfields exploration highlights significant potential for upcoming season
Full results now available on our website at www.randgoldresources.com
Live audio webcast of the presentation to analysts will be available on the company’s website from 12:00 GMT and will remain on the site for later viewing.
Presentation slides available on the Randgold website for viewing/downloading from 11:30 GMT.
International investor conference call at 09:00 PDT (USA/Canada) • 12:00 EDT (USA/Canada) • 16:00 GMT •17:00 CET •18:00 CAT See website for full details and for the link to the conference slide website.
Randgold Resources Report September 2011 is now available for downloading from the website. If you wish to receive a .pdf version of this report send an email to: email@example.com
Investor and media relations contact: Kathy du Plessis on +44 207 567 7738 or firstname.lastname@example.org