- China: Tibet Closed To Foreign Tourists
June 07 2012 5:07 PM
Several travel agencies in China are reporting that foreigners have been banned from traveling to the Tibet Autonomous Region, the Chinese name for Central Tibet.
- China Criticizes UK Prime Minster Cameron For Meeting With Dalai Lama
May 15 2012 11:40 AM
Chinese officials summed a UK ambassador to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday in an official complaint against British Prime Minister David Cameron and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg. The two dignitaries spoke with the 14th Dalai Lama, the exiled spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhists, on May 14.
- China Denies 'Poison Plot' Against Dalai Lama As He Receives $1.7M Templeton Prize In London
May 14 2012 6:24 PM
China denied allegations Monday by exiled Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, that it was plotting to assassinate him using poison and trained female agents posing as Buddhist pilgrims.
- Dalai Lama Says Chinese Agents Are Training Tibetan Women To Poison Him
May 13 2012 8:26 AM
Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama has alleged that Chinese agents are plotting to kill him with the help of Tibetan women.
- Celebrating Buddha?s Birthday Around the World [PHOTOS]
May 07 2012 3:12 PM
Regarded as the most significant day in the Buddhist calendar, worshipers gather on Vesak Day to perform various meritorious acts to recollect the purity, wisdom, and compassion of the Buddha.
- Dalai Lama: Tibet Leader?s Surprising Comments In Chicago On Women, Politics, Successor
April 26 2012 3:55 PM
In Chicago on Wednesday, the 14th Dalai Lama made surprising comments during two scheduled appearances. In the afternoon, he presented a speech at the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates. The same evening, he participated in an interview with Piers Morgan, which was televised in CNN.
- Sri Lanka: Anti-Muslim Fervor Closes Down Mosque
April 20 2012 3:50 PM
A crowd of some 2,000 people assembled outside the mosque demanding its destruction.
- Dalai Lama: Tibet Spiritual Leader Addresses Crowds In San Diego, Urges Compassion
April 19 2012 8:10 PM
The 14th Dalai Lama, spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhists, spoke to a rapt crowd of 12,000 at San Diego University on Thursday morning. He stressed the importance of compassion and the oneness of humanity.
- Heinrich Himmler: The Nazi Hindu
April 10 2012 10:46 AM
The link between Nazi Germany and ancient India, however, goes deeper than just the swastika.
- Queen Elizabeth Defends Christianity as ‘Under-Appreciated and Misunderstood;’ Graces Red at Diamond Jubilee Event [PHOTOS]
February 16 2012 5:54 AM
Queen Elizabeth Defends Christianity as ‘Under-Appreciated and Misunderstood’: Graces Red at Diamond Jubilee Event [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin: Year of the Dragon
February 11 2012 11:45 AM
Lin has single-handedly revitalized what was once a moribund season for the Knicks and may be breathing new life to the NBA as a whole
- Sausage and Cancer: Maybe Jews, Hindus and Muslims Are Right
January 14 2012 1:43 PM
The prohibition on eating pigs stretches back to antiquity.
- Pigs in a Mosque: Religious, Ethnic Hatred Stirred up in Malaysia?
January 03 2012 1:55 PM
Pigs and pork products are considered ‘haram’ (unclean) by Muslims and the act of defiling a mosque in such a way is considered an incitement of religious hatred.
- George Harrison and India: The Real ‘Magical Mystery Tour’
November 17 2011 8:46 AM
George Harrison inadvertently became the greatest promoter of Indian culture and Hinduism to the Western world during the 20th century.
- Buddhify web app promotes calmer urban experience
November 14 2011 7:49 AM
For a lot of people the day begins amid the chaos of a transit pressure-cooker. Agitated workers wedge onto trains or buses to make the stressful commute to work and arrive feeling frazzled, a state that only worsens as the day wears on.
- Meaning Behind 11/11/11: Does it Relate to Mayan Doomsday Prediction?
November 11 2011 6:11 PM
Friday's date 11/11/11 sparks superstition, joy, and - for some - dread.
- Faith Groups Urge Super Committee to Retain Programs for the Poor
October 28 2011 6:31 AM
A coalition of religious organizations has come together to urge Congressional leaders to spare safety-net programs that assist the poor when they search for ways to reduce the U.S. budget deficit.
- A Royal Wedding in Bhutan
October 13 2011 8:55 AM
There were no foreign dignitaries invited to the wedding, only members of the royal family and government officials.
- Youcef Nadarkhani Update: U.S. Condemns Iranian Pastor’s Conviction
September 30 2011 12:08 PM
The Obama administration Thursday condemned the conviction of Iranian pastor, Youcef Nadarkhani, who is facing execution in Tehran for refusing to convert to Islam from Christianity.
- Buddhists Destroy Muslim Shrine in Sri Lanka: Report
September 15 2011 2:04 PM
According to local reports the destruction was condemned by both Singhalese and Muslims alike.