- Pope Benedict XVI Warns U.S. Bishops of 'Powerful Political' Forces Behind Same-Sex Marriage
March 09 2012 11:27 AM
Pope Benedict XVI gave a speech to a group of U.S. bishops about promoting the Catholic Church's teaching on sexuality and marriage.
- ‘Gay Marriage is Grotesque’: Britain’s Catholic Leader Draws Criticism
March 07 2012 12:59 AM
Britain's most senior Catholic leader Cardinal Cardinal Keith O'Brien has said that by legalizing gay marriage nations are going against the natural law which would lead to further degeneration of society into immorality.
- Hindu Nationalist’s Historical Links to Nazism and Fascism
March 06 2012 3:27 PM
With respect to Hitler and Nazism, the links to India and Hinduism were deeper and more profound.
- Southern Baptist Convention to Elect First Black President
March 05 2012 11:41 AM
For a denomination born from slavery and racism, the Southern Baptist Convention is poised for an a historic election.
- Syria’s Christians: Caught Between Supporting Assad and Fears of an Islamist Takeover
March 02 2012 2:18 PM
Christians fear a radical Islamist government will take over once Assad is gone.
- 1,500-Year-Old Gospel in Which Jesus Foretold Arrival of Mohammad Discovered in Turkey
February 28 2012 2:34 AM
Turkish authorities confirmed the discovery of a 1,500-year-old Gospel which is believed to have foretold the coming of Prophet Mohammed to Earth, attracting the attention from Vatican, recent reports said.
- Rick Santorum on Religion: This is the JFK Speech that Made Him Want to 'Throw Up'
February 26 2012 6:54 PM
The former Pennsylvania senator was referring to a speech JFK made to Baptist ministers in Houston while he was running for president, in which he said he believed in the absolute separation between church and state. ABC's George Stephanopoulos pulled up a video clip in which Santorum said he read the speech, and I almost threw up.
- Rick Santorum: I Don't Believe in 'Absolute' Separation of Church and State
February 26 2012 6:16 PM
Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum doesn't believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute, he said Sunday, two days ahead of the Michigan and Arizona primaries.
- George Harrison: Happy 69th Birthday
February 25 2012 3:14 PM
There was endless speculation about what he really meant to the Beatles and to the world at large.
- Obama Contraception Rule Gets Challenged by GOP Attorneys General
February 24 2012 12:14 PM
President Barack Obama may have tweaked a policy that will let religiously-affiliated employers avoid offering insurance plans that cover birth control, but seven Republican state attorneys general are fighting the proposed rule on First Amendment grounds.
- Venezuela: Hugo Chavez’ Anti-Semitic Election Campaign
February 24 2012 8:11 AM
Regardless of how Capriles identifies himself, his candidacy has unleashed a wave of anti-Jewish sentiments in Venezuela, a country with a long history of anti-Semitism.
- 7 States, Catholic Groups File First Challenge to Birth Control Rule
February 23 2012 6:51 PM
Seven states, Catholic groups and individuals Thursday filed the first major lawsuit challenging the Obama administration's new contraceptive regulations, arguing that the policy violated the constitutional rights to religious freedom.
- Marco Rubio Used to Be a Mormon: Does it Matter?
February 23 2012 4:11 PM
Before Florida Sen. Marco Rubio was an outspoken Catholic, he was a faithful Mormon.
- Youcef Nadarkhani's Death Sentence: Sign of Iran's Renewed Anti-Christian Crackdown?
February 23 2012 5:24 AM
Iran remains unfazed by widespread protests from the international community over the execution order against the Christian pastor Youcef Nadarkhani for renouncing Islam.
- Ash Wednesday Marks Beginning of Lent: Pope to Tweet for 40 Days
February 22 2012 9:33 PM
The Lent kicked off with Ash Wednesday even as Pope Benedict XVI also began posting his daily papal message via Twitter, calling for a spiritual awakening, a Vatican Radio blog reported.
- Franklin Graham and the Plight of Christians in Muslim Lands
February 22 2012 1:02 PM
Graham’s statement that Christians are being murdered in Muslim nations is not entirely false – but he is greatly exaggerating the problem’s true dimensions.
- What is Fat Tuesday? The History of Mardi Gras in New Orleans
February 21 2012 12:25 PM
What is Fat Tuesday? What is the history of Mardi Gras? How did it begin in New Orleans?
- Before Attack on Obama, Santorum Blasted Protestants' Theology
February 20 2012 2:33 PM
A 2008 commencement speech by Rick Santorum reveals that the Republican presidential hopeful's religious views diverge from those of many in the U.S. electorate.
- Jeremy Lin's Pastor Warns Against Sin and Temptation
February 19 2012 6:05 PM
Lin and Chen communicate frequently.
- India's George Alencherry Among 22 New Cardinals Inducted by Pope
February 18 2012 2:12 PM
Pope Benedict, putting his mark on his Church's future, on Saturday inducted 22 men including India's George Alencherry into the exclusive group of cardinals who will one day elect one of their own to succeed him as leader of the world's 1.3 billion Roman Catholics.