- Naguib Sawiris: Christian Facing Blasphemy Charges in Egypt
January 09 2012 2:49 PM
Some Conservative Muslim groups are calling for a boycott of Sawiris' many companies.
- Tim Tebow: The Power of 3:16
January 09 2012 12:55 PM
Tebow may also have had some divine intervention during the game.
- Carolina in Their Minds, Republican Candidates Stress Social Stances in Debate
January 08 2012 7:43 AM
Most of the Republican presidential candidates laid out their credentials as social conservatives in a debate on Saturday as the 2012 campaign prepares to move from New Hampshire to South Carolina. With another debate to be hosted by NBC's Meet the Press, they can do it all over again on Sunday.
- Russian Orthodox Church Head Warns Kremlin to Acknowledge Protesters
January 07 2012 3:45 PM
Amid growing discontent from the public against Vladimir Putin, the head of Russia’s Orthodox Church has urged the Kremlin to enact reforms and policy changes.
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia: Catholic School Closures Reflect Economic Realities, Changing Demographics
January 07 2012 11:27 AM
We cannot sustain unsustainable schools,” Archbishop Charles J. Chaput said at a press conference.
- Justin Bieber Shows Off New Tattoo of Jesus’ Face
January 07 2012 7:58 AM
How does Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber flaunt his new tattoo? Well... by going to the beach and having fun. Bieber was seen at a beach in Los Angeles on Friday, with his father, a friend and a new tattoo... that of Jesus Christ!
- Pope Benedict XVI Names 22 New Cardinals, Including 2 Americans [FULL LIST]
January 06 2012 5:39 PM
Pope Benedict XVI has named 22 new cardinals, his top advisers, on Friday that will eventually elect his successor, according to the Associated Press.
- Cardinal Dolan: What Are His Policy Positions?
January 06 2012 3:58 PM
New York 's Archbishop Timothy Dolan will be one of the 22 who will join the ranks of cardinals on Feb. 18.
- Duggar Family's Prayer Answered After Rick Santorum Finishes Big in Iowa
January 04 2012 11:40 AM
The well-known conservative Christian family who star on the popular 19 Kids and Counting traveled to Iowa to lend their support to Santorum in the days before the caucuses.
- Pigs in a Mosque: Religious, Ethnic Hatred Stirred up in Malaysia?
January 03 2012 1:55 PM
Pigs and pork products are considered ‘haram’ (unclean) by Muslims and the act of defiling a mosque in such a way is considered an incitement of religious hatred.
- Fox Apologizes for Facebook Poll Asking if Jews Killed Jesus
December 30 2011 3:00 AM
Fox Latin America has apologized for a Facebook poll which sought to uncover people's opinions on who was responsible for the death of Jesus Christ.
- Ron Paul Supporter Advocates Death Penalty for Homosexuals
December 29 2011 1:03 PM
It is unclear if Paul shares the homophobic views of some of his staff-members
- Clergymen in a Broom Fight at the Birthplace of Jesus
December 29 2011 2:09 AM
An annual cleaning ritual of the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, one of the most scared and oldest continuously operating churches in the world, ended up in a broom fight between the clergy belonging to three separate monastic communities.
- A Review of Christmas in 2011: Photographs from across the World
December 26 2011 1:54 AM
Check out a collection of photographs that show how Christmas was celebrated across the world...
- Pope Ushers in Christmas, Decries Commercialization
December 25 2011 2:34 AM
Pope Benedict XVI ushered in Christmas for the world's 1.3 billion Roman Catholics on Saturday, urging humanity to see through the superficial glitter and commercialism of the season and rediscover the real significance of the humble birth of Jesus.
- Where to Watch Pope's Midnight Mass Online
December 24 2011 1:20 PM
Pope Benedict XVI will preside over Midnight Mass Saturday at 10:00 pm Rome time. Find out where to watch the procession live online from anywhere in the world.
- Long Island Eye: Where are Nassau and Suffolk Headed in 2012 and Beyond?
December 24 2011 10:16 AM
What’s ahead for 2012? Obviously, change, some for the better and others for worse. Fortunately, the Island’s unemployment rate fell to 6.7 percent from 7.2 percent a year ago, the state labor department said. But its principal Long Island economist, Michael Crowell, said that may reflect a declining work force, with too many “discouraged workers” who’ve given up looking.
- Must Watch Christmas Images, Traditions and Santa Claus's Names from Around the World [PHOTOS]
December 24 2011 9:57 AM
Must Watch Christmas Images, Traditions From all Round the World; What is Santa Called in Other Countries [PHOTOS]
- Ho Ho Hookah-Smoking Santa at Tobacco Shop Sparks Controversy
December 23 2011 7:07 AM
A Pennsylvania shop has sparked controversy after it has put up a Santa figurine puffing a Hookah as its window display. The owners of the store Up in Smoke have attempted on portraying Santa as a jolly old Saint Nick. up in Smoke is a tobacco shop, located at 41 Clinton St.
- Mystery buyer acquires vatican.xxx web address
December 21 2011 2:56 PM
The Vatican said on Wednesday an unknown buyer had snapped up the internet address vatican.xxx, a domain combining its name with an extension reserved for pornographic content.