- Perry Signs Iowa Christian Group's 'Marriage Vow'
November 21 2011 3:22 PM
Rick Perry has become the third Republican presidential candidate, along with Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum, to sign a marriage vow promoted by the Family Leader, a conservative Christian group in Iowa.
- Pope Pleas for Peace and Reconciliation in West Africa
November 19 2011 5:00 PM
Half of the country’s population is Christian, although some of them incorporate the practice of Vodun (voodoo) in their rituals.
- Proposition 8 Ruling: Rights Are Not Subject to Popular Vote
November 19 2011 10:31 AM
When California's Proposition 8 has its day in court, any judge who respects the U.S. Constitution will strike it down as a violation of the 14th Amendment, because civil rights cannot be subject to popular vote.
- Benetton 'Unhate' Campaign Ads: White House Issues Statement on Obama Kiss
November 17 2011 2:12 PM
The White House issued a statement on Thursday after Benetton's 'Unhate' ad campaign featured a digitally altered picture of Obama kissing two of his perceived enemies.
- George Harrison and India: The Real ‘Magical Mystery Tour’
November 17 2011 8:46 AM
George Harrison inadvertently became the greatest promoter of Indian culture and Hinduism to the Western world during the 20th century.
- Pakistan Schools Teach Hatred of Hindus, Minorities: Report
November 09 2011 3:29 PM
Christians and Hindus together account for only about 3 or 4 percent of Pakistan’s population.
- Militant Islamist Group Kills More Than 60 in Northern Nigeria in Bloodiest Attack to Date
November 05 2011 12:31 PM
Reportedly, the attacks lasted for 90 minutes and included running gun battles with security forces.
- Catholic Ireland Closes Vatican Embassy
November 04 2011 10:34 AM
The Irish Republic will also shut down its embassies in Iran and East Timor.
- All Saints’ Day Celebrations across the Globe [PHOTOS]
November 01 2011 3:10 PM
All Saints' Day is celebrated around the world from Spain to the Philippines on Nov. 1.
- What is Dia De Los Muertos? 5 Things to Know about the Day of the Dead
November 01 2011 10:30 AM
When the lights go dark on the Halloween pumpkins in the U.S., a different holiday starts south of the border. Here's a look at Dia de los Muertos or The Day of the Dead.
- Shorter University in Georgia: Gays Need Not Apply
November 01 2011 6:28 AM
All 200 employees of Shorter University in Rome, Ga., must sign a personal lifestyle statement disavowing all sexual activity not in agreement with the Bible, including premarital sex and homosexuality.
- Pope Canonizes Catholic Church's Three New Saints: Who Are They?
October 31 2011 9:17 AM
Pope Benedict XVI beatified the Catholic Church's three newest saints -- Italian bishop and missionary Monsignor Guido Maria Conforti, Spanish nun Sister Bonifacia Rodriguez de Castro and an Italian priest Rev. Luigi Guanella -- during a mass in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican on Sunday.
- Halloween: Paganism in the 21st Century
October 31 2011 8:14 AM
Halloween likely originated with “Samhain,” the most important festival of the Celts of ancient Ireland
- Gaza Violence Simmers After Truce Announced
October 30 2011 2:03 PM
Violence between Israel and Gaza militants flared anew Sunday after Egypt said it had brokered a truce to end attacks that have killed 10 Palestinian gunmen and an Israeli civilian in the past five days.
- Faith Groups Urge Super Committee to Retain Programs for the Poor
October 28 2011 6:31 AM
A coalition of religious organizations has come together to urge Congressional leaders to spare safety-net programs that assist the poor when they search for ways to reduce the U.S. budget deficit.
- Vatican Calls for Global Financial Reform: What Exactly is the Church Advocating?
October 25 2011 2:59 PM
In a lengthy statement, the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace called for far-reaching reforms of the global economy to create a system that serves the common good of all nations and economic classes.
- Vatican Calls for Economic Equality, Urges Wall Street to Examine Impact on Humanity
October 24 2011 3:47 PM
A letter released from the Vatican on Monday calls for sweeping reforms to the global economy for the return of a system in favor of ethical behavior and achievement of a universal common good for both rich and poor countries.
- Harold Camping Wrong Again: World Does Not End, But He Disappears
October 23 2011 4:21 AM
Not once or twice, this is the third time that Harold Camping, the 90-year-old evangelistic radio broadcaster has gone wrong again in his prophecy of the world coming to an end!Harold Camping has completely disappeared from the public sight we wonder what explanation he might have for this one going wrong.
- Harold Camping's Oct. 21 Doomsday Prediction Fails, Again
October 22 2011 9:02 AM
The world didn't get destroyed on Oct. 21, as Harold Camping, co-founder of Family Radio, had predicted in May. And, with Oct. 22 dawning as usual, Camping's credibility is at an all-time low.
- Harold Camping: October 21 Is Here, but Doomsday Isn't
October 21 2011 9:43 AM
Oct. 21 has come and gone in New Zealand and Australia, making Doomsday predictor Harold Camping incorrect, once again.