- Pakistani Hindus In India Demand Asylum Citing Persecution
September 10 2012 11:17 AM
Pakistani Hindus arriving in India are demanding refugee status, citing a pattern of persecution and discrimination in Muslim-dominated Pakistan.
- Kal Penn Vs. Nikki Haley: Battle Of The Indian-American Political Proxies
September 04 2012 1:13 PM
Indians actually share the values promulgated by the Republican Party rather than the Democrats whom they usually vote for.
- Dear Sikh Temple Shooter, Some Indians Actually Fought For Hitler And Nazi Germany
August 07 2012 9:56 AM
This is one aspect of World War II that generates much discomfort and controversy in both India and in Europe.
- Uganda: Forty Years After Idi Amin Expelled Asians
August 06 2012 10:53 AM
The expulsion is largely forgotten today, except by the Ugandan Asians themselves and their descendants who have spread across the world
- Sikh Temple Shooting: Again Mistaken For Muslims?
August 06 2012 9:12 AM
"That turban has tragically marked us as automatically suspect, perpetually foreign and potentially terrorists."
- Pigs Heads Left At French Mosque: Why Muslims, Jews And Hindus Don?t Eat Pork
August 02 2012 11:10 AM
The prohibition on eating pork is something shared by Muslims and Jews.
- The War Against Bollywood: Right-Wing Nationalists Threaten India?s Film Industry
August 01 2012 11:17 AM
"It?s unsafe to shoot in Mumbai nowadays. Our limbs are at stake. So is our property."
- Indian Actress Poses Nude In Playboy: Hypocrisy From The Land of Kama Sutra
July 25 2012 12:18 PM
India has an extremely conservative attitude towards pornography and nudity – indeed, kissing is banned from Bollywood films, while couples who show affection in public are largely scorned and sometimes even spat upon and attacked.
- Muslim Cleric Condemns Bollywood Stars Who Visit Sufi Shrine
July 23 2012 1:49 PM
They are using the holy place, a prime centre of religious belief, for purely commercial purposes and for degrading moral values among people.”
- Indian Village Bans ‘Love Marriages’, But Arranged Marriages Remains The Norm Anyway
July 13 2012 12:27 PM
The practice of arranged marriage remains widespread in India, across all religions, ethnic groups and social classes.
- Swastika Spray-Painted On Sikh School In Canada: An Ironic And Tragic Abuse Of An Ancient Symbol
July 12 2012 1:53 PM
The swastika is considered a harbinger of good luck and well being in India.
- Pakistani Mob Murders Blasphemy Suspect, Another Victim Of Archaic Laws
July 05 2012 8:59 AM
The victim was believed to be mentally unstable.
- Hindu Women Seek Right To Divorce In Overwhelmingly Muslim Bangladesh
June 28 2012 12:26 PM
While Bangladesh has a secular legal structure for most matters, things like marriage, divorce and inheritance are subject to religious dictums.
- Destroyed Sufi Shrine In Kashmir Revered By Both Muslims And Hindus
June 25 2012 12:43 PM
Known as 'Ghaus-e-Azam' by Muslims and 'Kahnoow' by the Hindus, Jeelani is revered by both faiths in Kashmir.
- Horror In India: Father Beheads Daughter For ?Indecent Behavior?
June 18 2012 4:25 PM
Beheadings have a long and horrific history in India.
- Pakistan To Issue ID Cards To Hindus, But Discrimination, Forced Conversions Continue
April 24 2012 1:30 PM
As Hindu marriages are usually not registered under Pakistani laws, many Hindus are unable to provide proof of their marriages, making it impossible to acquire passports and other important documents.
- Sri Lanka: Anti-Muslim Fervor Closes Down Mosque
April 20 2012 3:50 PM
A crowd of some 2,000 people assembled outside the mosque demanding its destruction.
- Heinrich Himmler: The Nazi Hindu
April 10 2012 10:46 AM
The link between Nazi Germany and ancient India, however, goes deeper than just the swastika.
- Nazi Germany’s Fascination With Ancient India: The Case Of Heinrich Himmler
March 26 2012 8:05 AM
Himmler, responsible for the deaths of millions of innocent people, was also a highly complex and fascinating man. He was obsessed with India and Hinduism.
- Nyepi Day 2012: Indonesia Celebrates Balinese New Year (PHOTOS)
March 23 2012 8:44 AM
Nyepi is a day of silence to celebrate the Balinese New Year, meant for self-reflection, when people abstain from or are rather prohibited from using lights, work, travel or having any kind of entertainment.