- Holi: India’s Festival of Colors Rings in Spring (PHOTOS)
March 08 2012 9:19 AM
Holi, a Hindu festival, heralded the beginning of spring as people across India celebrated the festival of colors Thursday.
- Holi 2012: India’s Festival of Colors Begins [PHOTOS]
March 07 2012 4:15 PM
Holi 2012 doesn’t officially start until Thursday, but in Lord Krishna’s land -- Barsana, Vrindavan, and Mathura -- India's festival of colors started nearly a week in advance.
- Hindu Nationalist’s Historical Links to Nazism and Fascism
March 06 2012 3:27 PM
With respect to Hitler and Nazism, the links to India and Hinduism were deeper and more profound.
- Holi 2012: Celebrations Begin with Lathmar Holi [PHOTOS]
March 05 2012 3:46 PM
Though India's Festival of Colors doesn't officially start until March 8, Lathmar Holi attracted thousands of revelers over the weekend to the small villages of Barsana and Nandgaon.
- Aakash Dalal: Why Would an Indian Hindu Firebomb Synagogues?
March 04 2012 6:14 PM
India has enjoyed generally benevolent relations with the Jewish state.
- George Harrison: Happy 69th Birthday
February 25 2012 3:14 PM
There was endless speculation about what he really meant to the Beatles and to the world at large.
- India Begins Documentation of Padmanabhaswamy Temple Treasure
February 21 2012 8:15 AM
Two expert committees appointed by the Indian Supreme Court began documenting the wealth of the famed Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple complex in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Happy Mahashivaratri: Hindu Devotees Celebrate the Festival With Religious Fervor [PHOTOS]
February 21 2012 4:46 AM
Thousands of Hindu devotees from across India and Pakistan on Monday celebrated the festival of Mahashivratri with traditional religious fervor as chants of “bam bam bole” and “har har mahadev” reverberated in the air.
- Queen Elizabeth Defends Christianity as ‘Under-Appreciated and Misunderstood;’ Graces Red at Diamond Jubilee Event [PHOTOS]
February 16 2012 5:54 AM
Queen Elizabeth Defends Christianity as ‘Under-Appreciated and Misunderstood’: Graces Red at Diamond Jubilee Event [PHOTOS]
- Valentines Day: A Conservative Backlash in India
February 13 2012 2:11 PM
Valentine's Day is seen as a vulgar, foreign intrusion by many in India.
- Valentine’s Day: To Some Indians, Holiday is Form of ‘Cultural Pollution’
February 07 2012 3:24 PM
Many conseravtive Indians associate Valentine's Day with rampant globalization and exploitation by western nations.
- India's 'Mexican' Problem: Illegal Immigration from Bangladesh
February 06 2012 8:23 AM
The rhetoric against illegal Bangladeshi immigration in India is strikingly similar to what right-wing American politicians say about illegal Mexican immigrants
- India’s War on Valentine’s Day
January 26 2012 2:59 PM
To extreme right-wing Hindus and ultra-nationalists, the holiday represents a dire threat to traditional Indian values and represent part of what they believe is a conspiracy by the West to destroy Indian culture.
- Sausage and Cancer: Maybe Jews, Hindus and Muslims Are Right
January 14 2012 1:43 PM
The prohibition on eating pigs stretches back to antiquity.
- Friday the 13th: Superstitions Are Real
January 13 2012 1:08 PM
I don’t think my superstitions have harmed my life in any way nor gotten in the way of my happiness
- Aishwarya Rai: What Does Her Name Mean?
January 07 2012 2:36 PM
Aishwarya has herself reportedly said the baby’s name will be “not long” and “sweet.”
- Pigs in a Mosque: Religious, Ethnic Hatred Stirred up in Malaysia?
January 03 2012 1:55 PM
Pigs and pork products are considered ‘haram’ (unclean) by Muslims and the act of defiling a mosque in such a way is considered an incitement of religious hatred.
- Bhagvad Gita: Indian Hindus Outraged Over Russian Proposal to Ban Holy Book
December 19 2011 11:45 AM
The book is also central to the global Hare Krishna movement.
- Harvard Fires Hindu Professor for Writing Anti-Muslim Tract
December 08 2011 3:47 PM
he op-ed came on the heels of a series of bombings in Mumbai that killed almost two dozen people in mid-July.
- Dowry Cases Increase: Ministry
December 08 2011 10:35 AM
The Ministry of Women & Child Development has revealed that dowry cases, as defined under the Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961, are increasing in India.