- George Harrison and India: The Real ‘Magical Mystery Tour’
November 17 2011 8:46 AM
George Harrison inadvertently became the greatest promoter of Indian culture and Hinduism to the Western world during the 20th century.
- Pakistan Schools Teach Hatred of Hindus, Minorities: Report
November 09 2011 3:29 PM
Christians and Hindus together account for only about 3 or 4 percent of Pakistan’s population.
- Faith Groups Urge Super Committee to Retain Programs for the Poor
October 28 2011 6:31 AM
A coalition of religious organizations has come together to urge Congressional leaders to spare safety-net programs that assist the poor when they search for ways to reduce the U.S. budget deficit.
- Diwali Celebrations Around the World [Photos]
October 27 2011 3:16 PM
Diwali is celebrated across the globe from Trinidad and Tobago to Quebec, Canada. Here's a look at photos of the global celebration of the Festival of Lights.
- Diwali 2011: Customs and Traditions of the ‘Festival of Lights’
October 24 2011 5:09 PM
Diwali 2011 will begin on Oct.. 26 and last for five days. Here's a look at the customs and traditions of India's Festival of Lights.
- Horrific Pictures of Animal Sacrifice, the Dark Side of Religious Belief
October 06 2011 6:42 AM
Despite the wrath of animal rights activists and voluntary organizations, animal sacrifice is still prevalent in many parts of the world, often masquerading in the guise of religious worship.
- Youcef Nadarkhani Update: U.S. Condemns Iranian Pastor’s Conviction
September 30 2011 12:08 PM
The Obama administration Thursday condemned the conviction of Iranian pastor, Youcef Nadarkhani, who is facing execution in Tehran for refusing to convert to Islam from Christianity.
- Norway Massacre: The Bizarre Link Between European Fascists and Hindu Nationalists in India
July 26 2011 12:52 PM
While it may seem strange for a far-right Western European to praise India?s Hindus, it is actually nothing new.
- Cigarette Smoking Monkey Weds His Lover in India
July 09 2011 3:21 AM
The story has a tough cigarette smoking hero, his lover girl, emotional turbulence and finally a happy wedding. Sounds like usual drama? Not really. The characters in this story are monkeys who live among humans. According to a Reuters report two monkeys tied the knot in the forests of northwestern India on Friday. Worship of animals as avatars of the gods isn't new in Hindu beliefs. Monkeys enjoy significant role in Hindu mythology where they are worshiped as avatars of Hanuman, the mighty.....
- Indian Temple Treasure worth $22 Billion Found in Kerala
July 06 2011 12:49 PM
On Wednesday, India’s top court ordered that a curator be appointed to protect and preserve the vast, newly revealed treasures hidden in a Hindu temple in southern India.
- Lesbian Couple Weds in Katmandu
July 03 2011 11:14 AM
Two American women became the first same-sex couple to marry in Nepal.