- Pakistan Shuts Down YouTube To Block Access To 'Innocence Of Muslims' Film
September 17 2012 2:27 PM
Pakistan has ordered the shutdown of the video-sharing website YouTube in order to prevent any further violence related to the anti-Islamic film ?Innocence of Muslims.?
- Al Qaeda In Yemen Asks Western Muslims To Get More Involved In Attacks; Says More US Diplomats Should Be Killed Over 'Innocence of Muslims'
September 15 2012 7:23 AM
The Yemen wing of al Qaeda has asked Muslims to kill more U.S. diplomats in Islamic countries, terming the anti-Islam film made in the U.S. as a another chapter in the "crusader wars" against Islam, stated a Reuters report citing a posting on an al Qaeda website.
- Pope Benedict Visits Lebanon As Protests Spread Over 'Innocence If Muslims' Movie
September 14 2012 4:41 PM
Pope Benedict XVI arrived in Lebanon Friday amid heightened tensions in the Muslim and Arab world as protests spread, some violent, in response to an anti-Islam movie produced in the U.S. The pope's three-day visit is focused on expressing support for Christians throughout the region who increasingly feel threatened amidst the rising influence of Islamists following the Arab Spring.
- ‘Innocence Of Muslims’ Fury Spreads To Sudan: German Embassy In Flames
September 14 2012 10:33 AM
Anger over the film 'Innocence of Muslims' has reached Sudan, where 5,000 protesters attacked the German embassy in Khartoum.
- Hillary Clinton Condemns Anti-Islam Film (FULL TEXT)
September 13 2012 2:08 PM
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton addressed the subject of the controversial anti-Islam film “Innocence of Muslims,” which has sparked riots and violence across the Middle East, including the murder of the U.S. envoy to Libya.
- Youcef Nadarkhani: US Welcomes Report Iran Freed Christian Pastor
September 10 2012 3:47 PM
Nadarkhani, 32, had been imprisoned for three years and was awaiting execution, but the apostasy charge was downgraded to evangelizing to Muslims (an offense that carries a three-year term).
- Pakistani Hindus In India Demand Asylum Citing Persecution
September 10 2012 11:17 AM
Pakistani Hindus arriving in India are demanding refugee status, citing a pattern of persecution and discrimination in Muslim-dominated Pakistan.
- Diana: The World's Favorite Princess
August 30 2012 9:35 AM
Britain in the early 1980s found itself in dire need of a happy jolt
- Polygamous Marriage Prompts Outrage In Brazil
August 29 2012 11:12 AM
The couple were married three months ago. They have not been identified and have not spoken to the media.
- Mombasa, Kenya Engulfed In Second Day Of Violence After Killing Of Islamic Preacher
August 28 2012 12:11 PM
Raila Odinga, the nation’s prime minister has called for calm.
- Egyptian President’s Team Of Assistants Include Christian And Female Academic
August 27 2012 12:15 PM
The president also named the first 17 members of his "advisory team."
- Taliban Shoot, Behead 17 People For Dancing At Mixed Party: What Other Transgressions Can Get You Killed In Afghanistan?
August 27 2012 12:03 PM
The victims violated at least three of the Taliban’s taboos: unrelated men and women mixing socially; dancing; and listening to music.
- Muslim Terrorist Group Threatened Norway With 9-11 Type Attack Just Prior To Breivik Conviction
August 24 2012 4:11 PM
Norwegian news portal VG Nett reported Muslim extremist terrorist group Ansar al-Sunna has threatened the Norwegian government with an attack similar to 9-11.
- French Politician Warns Of Growing Salafist Threat In Tunisia
August 23 2012 12:40 PM
France foreign minister Laurent Fabius has condemned the attack on Gharbi’s family as “unacceptable.”
- Dom Mintoff Dies: The ?King? Of Malta, A Super-Catholic State More Arab Than European
August 21 2012 1:47 PM
At one point, Mintoff said Malta was part of the ?Arab world? ? a stark symbolic separation from its long British identity.
- Syrian Bloodshed Spills Over Into Lebanon
August 21 2012 11:53 AM
Assad is a member of the Shia Alawite minority of Syria which rules over a predominantly Sunni populace.
- Iran's Ahmadinejad Again Blasts Israel As War Rhetoric Heightens
August 17 2012 9:39 AM
During state-sponsored protests across Tehran, Iranians shouted "Death to America, death to Israel!"
- Pakistan’s Religious Schism Again Explodes: 20 Shias Murdered By Gunmen
August 16 2012 12:48 PM
The gunmen checked the passengers’ travel documents, separated the Shias from the others, marched them outside and executed them at point-blank range.
- Kashmiri Women Threatened With Acid Attack Violence For Not Wearing Veils
August 13 2012 2:21 PM
The posters added: “This land belongs to Allah and we will make sure that nothing against His will happens here.”
- Echoes Of Wisconsin Massacre: Bearded Muslim Murdered in South Africa By White Supremacists
August 09 2012 3:43 PM
Magaliesburg is a stronghold for white Afrikaners.