- Did The Pakistani Taliban Threaten To Kill Former Cricket Star Imran Khan?
August 09 2012 1:10 PM
The Taliban's anger at Khan appears to be due to the former cricketer’s lack of religious conviction and left-wing, secular ideas.
- Catacomb Muslim Sect Uncovered In Russia; Leaders Face Cruelty Charges
August 09 2012 6:53 AM
Four members of a Muslim sect in Russia's Tatarstan region have been charged with cruelty against children, after the authorities discovered last week 70 members living in catacomb-like cells in an eight-level underground bunker on the outskirts of the city of Kazan, under the orders of a self-proclaimed Islamic prophet Fayzrahman Satarov.
- Pizza In Pakistan: Another Face Of Globalization
August 07 2012 11:06 AM
The success of Pizza Hut and other foreign food companies suggest that Pakistanis are moving away from traditional meals, even during the holidays.
- Jesuit Priest Exiled From Syria Says Assad’s 'Puppet State' Will Soon Fall
August 06 2012 5:44 PM
Jesuit priest Paolo Dall'Oglio, who spent the last 30 years in Syria and was recently exiled, said the country still very much needs the U.N.'s help to find a peaceful solution, but the end of Bashar al-Assad's days as president is near.
- Pakistani Police Jailed For Parading Adulterous Couple Naked Through Streets
August 06 2012 2:07 PM
Mobile phone footage of the incident shows the police beating the man.
- Sikh Temple Shooting: Again Mistaken For Muslims?
August 06 2012 9:12 AM
"That turban has tragically marked us as automatically suspect, perpetually foreign and potentially terrorists."
- China Limits Fasting For Muslim Uighurs During Ramadan In Xinjiang
August 03 2012 2:19 PM
China has banned Muslim officials and students under the age of 18 in the restive northwestern region of Xinjiang from fasting during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan in an effort to clamp down on religious extremism.
- Pigs Heads Left At French Mosque: Why Muslims, Jews And Hindus Don?t Eat Pork
August 02 2012 11:10 AM
The prohibition on eating pork is something shared by Muslims and Jews.
- Hamas' Condemnation Of Palestinian Visit To Auschwitz Underscores Holocaust Denial In Arab World
August 02 2012 8:51 AM
Barhoum also alleged that the journey to Auschwitz overshadowed the ?true Palestinian tragedy".
- Mali: Adulterous Couple Stoned To Death By Islamic Militants
July 30 2012 3:50 PM
The couple were buried up to their necks and pelted with stones.
- Ahwazis: Iran’s Persecution Of Its Arab Minority
July 24 2012 10:59 AM
As non-Persians, they have long faced discrimination, particularly with respect to employment, housing, and civil rights.
- Muslim Cleric Condemns Bollywood Stars Who Visit Sufi Shrine
July 23 2012 1:49 PM
They are using the holy place, a prime centre of religious belief, for purely commercial purposes and for degrading moral values among people.”
- Assad’s Fall Would Have Grave Implications For Hezbollah
July 20 2012 12:32 PM
Nasrallah – who finds himself increasingly isolated in the Middle East – must realize that Wednesday’s bombing in Damascus which killed three of Assad’s top lieutenants, poses grave danger to his organization.
- Ramadan Reflects Struggle For Democracy In Muslim World
July 20 2012 6:21 AM
As the Muslim holy month of Ramadan begins, the Islamic world will have much to reflect upon this year. In Syria, a civil war looms if it hasn't already arrived. In Egypt, a fledgling democracy is being tested. In Afghanistan, an exhaustive American war is coming to a dubious end.
- Indian Village Bans ‘Love Marriages’, But Arranged Marriages Remains The Norm Anyway
July 13 2012 12:27 PM
The practice of arranged marriage remains widespread in India, across all religions, ethnic groups and social classes.
- What On Earth Is A ?White Muslim??
July 06 2012 11:25 AM
There are, in fact, tens of millions of Muslims around the world who are ?white? -- and no one would bother to call them ?white Muslims.?
- Kashmir To Tourists: Follow Dress Code Or Go Home
July 05 2012 12:47 PM
Kashmir's Jamaat-e-Islami religious group has issued a strict dress code that it hopes to impose on all incoming tourists. Local officials, however, fear it will hamper the region's efforts to promote itself as a safe and welcoming destination.
- Pakistani Mob Murders Blasphemy Suspect, Another Victim Of Archaic Laws
July 05 2012 8:59 AM
The victim was believed to be mentally unstable.
- Destruction Of Timbuktu Tombs Threatens Mali's Cultural Identity, Unesco Head Says
July 02 2012 6:56 PM
Less than a week after the U.N.'s cultural agency Unesco added Timbuktu to a list of historically significant sites in danger, Islamist rebels, who have taken control of the fabled city in northern Mali, began a systematic attack on its centuries-old cultural heritage.
- Under Mohamed Morsi, Will Egypt?s Tourism Industry Conform To Islamic Law?
June 28 2012 12:41 PM
Under Islamic president-elect Mohamed Morsi's government, many in Egypt's beleaguered tourism industry are dreading bans on everything from alcohol to modern art to bikinis.