- Hindu Women Seek Right To Divorce In Overwhelmingly Muslim Bangladesh
June 28 2012 12:26 PM
While Bangladesh has a secular legal structure for most matters, things like marriage, divorce and inheritance are subject to religious dictums.
- German Court's Circumcision Ruling Angers Both Jewish And Muslim Groups
June 27 2012 5:07 PM
A German court ruling that said circumcision violates a child's fundamental right to bodily integrity has drawn criticism from members of the country's Jewish and Muslim communities, where the practice has historical and religious significance.
- Destroyed Sufi Shrine In Kashmir Revered By Both Muslims And Hindus
June 25 2012 12:43 PM
Known as 'Ghaus-e-Azam' by Muslims and 'Kahnoow' by the Hindus, Jeelani is revered by both faiths in Kashmir.
- Why Do Black Americans Embrace Arabs And Reject Israel?
June 20 2012 1:45 PM
Arab racism against black people is deeply-rooted and stretches back centuries.
- Ghazala Javed: Victim Of Taliban?s War On Women?
June 19 2012 9:34 AM
Fearing the Taliban?s edicts against music, she recorded many of her albums in Dubai.
- Horror In India: Father Beheads Daughter For ?Indecent Behavior?
June 18 2012 4:25 PM
Beheadings have a long and horrific history in India.
- Christian Missionaries Protest Arab International Festival With Pig's Head [VIDEO]
June 16 2012 1:54 PM
Christian missionaries held an anti-Islamic protest at the Dearborn, Mich., Arab International Festival and taunted Arab-Americans with a pig's head mounted on a pole while shouting You're gonna burn in hell, according to reports Saturday.
- Roger Garaudy, Communist, Christian, Philosopher, Holocaust Denier, Dies At 98
June 15 2012 11:08 AM
The book ?Founding Myths? was particularly critical of what Garaudy viewed as excessive Jewish influence on U.S. foreign policy.
- With Movie Theaters Banned, Saudi Filmmaker Makes YouTube Splash
June 09 2012 1:38 PM
Saudi Arabia doesn?t show movies, to avoid angering clerics. But young talents are flocking to the Internet, and hoping to change the kingdom -- one film at a time.
- Pakistan Blocks Twitter For 'Blasphemous' Content; Users Angry
May 20 2012 8:49 AM
Pakistan Sunday blocked Twitter in response to the micro blogging website's inability to remove the blasphemous content posted by its users.
- India's Hajj Subsidy Program To Be Cut Following Supreme Court Ruling
May 08 2012 2:15 PM
On Tuesday, India?s Supreme Court directed the central government to slowly eliminate its Hajj subsidy program, which partially covers travel costs for Indian Muslims? sacred pilgrimages to Mecca.
- Iran: A Modern Day 'Nazi Germany'?
April 27 2012 1:50 PM
Some top Israeli officials have repeatedly compared the current regime in Tehran to Nazi Germany and Adolph Hitler?s program of exterminating the Jews.
- French Elections: Sarkozy And Hollande Make Appeals To Far Right
April 27 2012 10:07 AM
Challenger Francois Hollande and incumbent Nicolas Sarkozy are apparently seeking to attract those who cast ballots for Marine Le Pen in the French presidential election's first round on April 22. The way these voters break most likely will determine the winner of the second round on May 6.
- Libya Bans Religious, Tribal, Ethnic Political Parties
April 25 2012 4:21 PM
The Libyan National Transitional Council bans religious political parties before elections in June, angering the Muslim Brotherhood
- Pakistan To Issue ID Cards To Hindus, But Discrimination, Forced Conversions Continue
April 24 2012 1:30 PM
As Hindu marriages are usually not registered under Pakistani laws, many Hindus are unable to provide proof of their marriages, making it impossible to acquire passports and other important documents.
- Discrimination, Pandering By Politicians Hurting Muslims In Europe, Amnesty International Says
April 24 2012 10:57 AM
Muslims living in Europe face discrimination in employment, education and daily life in general, according to a new report released by Amnesty International.
- Church Set Ablaze By Muslim Mob In Khartoum
April 22 2012 8:31 AM
A Catholic church was set ablaze by a several hundred Muslims in the Sudanese capital of Khartoum, the Associated Press reported.
- Sri Lanka: Anti-Muslim Fervor Closes Down Mosque
April 20 2012 3:50 PM
A crowd of some 2,000 people assembled outside the mosque demanding its destruction.
- Afghan Girls Poisoned: Taliban, Opposed to Female Education, Are Prime Suspects
April 17 2012 9:28 PM
Violence, acid attacks and now poisoning. Extremists will try anything to keep girls from seeking an education in Afghanistan.
- Abu Qatada: 5 Facts About The Suspected Terrorist and His Deportation
April 17 2012 8:08 PM
On Tuesday, Abu Qatada was arrested by British authorities in advance of a planned deportation to Jordan. These five key facts about Qatada explain what he's done, where he's going, and when he might get there.