- London Mayoral Candidate Livingstone Blasts U.S. For Killing Osama Bin Laden
April 17 2012 1:56 PM
Livingstone, a self-described Socialist who has often been at odds with the mainstream Labour Party, has a history of espousing far-left views.
- Fatwa On Woman Breastfeeding Man Stirs Debate In Islamic World
April 14 2012 5:30 AM
The extreme fatwa on Islamic adult breastfeeding is back again, with the Kuwaiti clerics examining and defining it in the context of husband and wife relations.
- Iraq In 'Serious Crisis,' Says Kurdish Leader; Oil Ambitions Complicate Ethnic Tensions
April 07 2012 12:13 PM
Iraq is facing a serious crisis, Kurdistan's leader Massoud Barzani said during a recent visit in Washington -- and his semiautonomous region's ambitions in the oil-and-gas business aren't going to help defuse potentially explosive ethnic tensions.
- France-Algeria: 50 Years After Independence, What Happened To The Harkis?
April 02 2012 9:58 AM
The Harkis were Algerians who fought to preserve colonial rule in France during the war of independence
- France: A Long History of Anti-Semitism
April 02 2012 9:27 AM
In recent decades, with the huge influx of Arab Muslim immigrants to France, anti-Semitism now has a decidedly Islamic flavor.
- The Jews of France: A Long History Of Anti-Semitism
March 31 2012 8:53 AM
In the words of author Emile Zola when he supported Captain Alfred Dreyfus, the French Jewish officer charged with treason: “Dreyfus is innocent. I swear it! I stake my life on it — my honor!”
- Mohamed Merah: The Burial Nobody Wants
March 29 2012 10:29 AM
Authorities in Algeria cited security concerns and reasons of public policy for the denial of the burial on their soil.
- French Muslims: In The Wake Of The Merah Massacre
March 29 2012 8:22 AM
The saga of French Muslims took an ugly turn earlier this month when Islamic militant Mohamed Merah was identified as the gunman in mass killings in Toulouse that appeared to have been driven by bias.
- France's Muslims: Integration Or Alienation?
March 28 2012 5:27 PM
Ahead of next month's French presidential election, incumbent president Nicolas Sarkozy has already complained that there are too many immigrants in France.
- Hundreds Of Afghan Women Languishing In Prison For 'Moral Crimes'
March 28 2012 9:29 AM
The government of President Hamid Karzai has failed in its duty to improve the rights of women in the country.
- France: More Anti-Semitic Attacks In Wake Of Toulouse Massacre
March 28 2012 8:41 AM
A twelve-year-old Jewish boy was assaulted by youths shouting anti-Semitic slogans -- including “dirty Jew” -- in southeast Paris.
- Norway Sentences Islamic Cleric For Death Threats
March 27 2012 12:00 PM
Oslo courts have convicted Mullah Krekar, an Iraqi-born Islamist cleric, to five years in prison for posting online death threats against Kurdish immigrants and Norwegian officials.
- Who Was French Gunman Mohammed Merah? 5 Things To Know About Islamic Jihadist
March 22 2012 4:52 PM
As the dust settled the details of Merah's life began to emerge, painting a picture of a troubled young man who was swept up in and radicalized by Middle Eastern jihadism.
- Toulouse Massacre: Fears Extreme Right-Wing May Exploit Tragedy For Political Gain
March 22 2012 1:43 PM
France currently has about 5-million Muslims, making it the largest Islamic community in Europe.
- Daniel Pearl’s Father Judea Gets 2011 A.M. Turing Award
March 17 2012 9:44 AM
Judea Pearl, father of American journalist Daniel Pearl who was abducted and beheaded by Taliban militants in Pakistan, has been honored with the prestigious 2011 A.M. Turing Award for artificial intelligence.
- One Killed, Another Wounded In Attack In French Mosque
March 16 2012 3:47 PM
A bat-wielding assailant killed one person and seriously wounded another in a mosque in northern France, according to reports.
- Imam Killed in Belgian Mosque Arson Attack
March 13 2012 10:52 AM
The Rida mosque had been threatened by Salafists before.
- Iraq: Conservative Militia Killing Youths For Western Dress, Styles and Purported Gay Behavior
March 12 2012 1:38 PM
Emo’s western or “alternative” style of appearance is anathema to most Iraqis.
- Syrian Regime And Rebels Accuse Each Other Of Committing Civiilian Massacres
March 12 2012 10:46 AM
Both sides in Syria's bitter armed clashes have claimed the other is responsible for the killing of women and children in Homs and other cities, after footage emerged of blood soaked and mutilated bodies over the weekend.
- Hindu Nationalist’s Historical Links to Nazism and Fascism
March 06 2012 3:27 PM
With respect to Hitler and Nazism, the links to India and Hinduism were deeper and more profound.