- NJ Muslim Officials Meet In Newark: Investigation of 2007 NYPD Surveillance
March 03 2012 5:59 PM
A secret surveillance program by the New York Police Department in 2007 has lead New Jersey Muslim leaders to meet with law enforcement officials in the Garden State. The meeting stems from the Associated Press revelations that the NYPD had been monitoring New Jersey Muslims. Activities from the NYPD reportedly include the mapping out of mosques in Newark, as well as the monitoring of Muslim student groups.
- Syria’s Christians: Caught Between Supporting Assad and Fears of an Islamist Takeover
March 02 2012 2:18 PM
Christians fear a radical Islamist government will take over once Assad is gone.
- 1,500-Year-Old Gospel in Which Jesus Foretold Arrival of Mohammad Discovered in Turkey
February 28 2012 2:34 AM
Turkish authorities confirmed the discovery of a 1,500-year-old Gospel which is believed to have foretold the coming of Prophet Mohammed to Earth, attracting the attention from Vatican, recent reports said.
- 7 Americans Wounded amid Afghan Rage over Koran Burning
February 26 2012 9:33 PM
Seven U.S. military trainers were wounded Sunday when a grenade was thrown at their base in northern Afghanistan, police said, underscoring the depth of anti-Western fury over the burning of copies of the Koran at a NATO base.
- 7 More Americans Wounded by Irate Afghans After Killing of 2
February 26 2012 7:07 PM
Seven U.S. military trainers were wounded on Sunday when a grenade was thrown at their base in northern Afghanistan, police said, as anti-Western fury deepened over the burning of the Koran at a NATO base.
- Afghan Policeman Suspected in Slaying of U.S. Officers: Sources
February 26 2012 7:05 AM
Afghan authorities said on Sunday they believe one of the country's police intelligence officers may have been involved in the shooting deaths of two U.S. officers inside the nation's interior ministry a day earlier, prompting NATO to recall all its staff from ministries.
- Israel Attack Iran: Is Ahmadinejad Himself Jewish?
February 25 2012 11:39 AM
Iran has the largest Jewish community in the Middle East outside of Israel.
- Koran Burning Controversy: Barack Obama Says 'Sorry'
February 24 2012 4:52 AM
President Barack Obama apologized on Thursday for the burning of copies of the Koran on a U.S. base in Afghanistan as the White House sought to quell spiraling furor among Afghans while also staving off Republican criticism at home.
- Youcef Nadarkhani's Death Sentence: Sign of Iran's Renewed Anti-Christian Crackdown?
February 23 2012 5:24 AM
Iran remains unfazed by widespread protests from the international community over the execution order against the Christian pastor Youcef Nadarkhani for renouncing Islam.
- Franklin Graham and the Plight of Christians in Muslim Lands
February 22 2012 1:02 PM
Graham’s statement that Christians are being murdered in Muslim nations is not entirely false – but he is greatly exaggerating the problem’s true dimensions.
- Koran Burning Stirs Violent Clash in Afghanistan; Several Protesters Wounded
February 22 2012 2:07 AM
Several people were wounded on Wednesday, witnesses said, when shots were fired as hundreds of angry Afghans gathered in a second day of violent clashes after copies of the Koran, Islam's holy book, were burned at NATO's main base in Afghanistan.
- Queen Elizabeth Defends Christianity as ‘Under-Appreciated and Misunderstood;’ Graces Red at Diamond Jubilee Event [PHOTOS]
February 16 2012 5:54 AM
Queen Elizabeth Defends Christianity as ‘Under-Appreciated and Misunderstood’: Graces Red at Diamond Jubilee Event [PHOTOS]
- Oliver Stone’s Filmmaker Son Converts to Islam
February 14 2012 2:47 PM
Sean’s father Oliver is Jewish, while his mother is Christian.
- Ultra-Conservative Islamic Love Guru Urges Muslim Women to 'Embrace Sex'
February 14 2012 1:07 AM
Emirati marriage counselor, author and ultra-conservative Muslim Widad Lootah has urged Muslim and Arab women to embrace love and love-making on the eve of Valentine's Day, it has been reported.
- No Freedom in Islam, Says Egypt's Presidential Candidate
February 11 2012 2:32 AM
Hazem Saleh Abu Ismail, Egypt's presidential candidate and a vocal supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood, has said that there is no room for personal freedom in Islam.
- India's 'Mexican' Problem: Illegal Immigration from Bangladesh
February 06 2012 8:23 AM
The rhetoric against illegal Bangladeshi immigration in India is strikingly similar to what right-wing American politicians say about illegal Mexican immigrants
- Liam Neeson and Islam: Conversions Among Westerners Increasing
January 26 2012 1:37 PM
The average Muslim convert in the U.K. is described as a “27-year-old white woman.”
- Radical Islamic Cleric Wins Right to Stay in Britain
January 17 2012 9:40 AM
British government officials are determined to expel Qatada from the country.
- The Vanishing Jews of Tunisia
January 14 2012 7:06 PM
Tunisia is one of the few Arab Muslim countries that still has a significant Jewish community (which traces its origins back 2,000 years).
- Sausage and Cancer: Maybe Jews, Hindus and Muslims Are Right
January 14 2012 1:43 PM
The prohibition on eating pigs stretches back to antiquity.