- Poll: Being Muslim in the U.S. is Still Difficult
August 30 2011 9:50 AM
Numbers increased slightly since 2007.
- Oregon Man Charged For Arson, Accused of Hate Crime
August 26 2011 10:39 AM
Federal officials say Cody Crawford was motivated by hatred of Muslims.
- Military Barracks Slated to Become Mosques
August 17 2011 3:28 PM
French military barracks will be converted to mosques.
- Ramadan 2011: Discovering the Culture and Traditions of the Holy Month
August 01 2011 12:11 PM
The Islamic religious month-long holiday incorporates Qur'an recitation, fasting, charity and prayer to celebrate this festival of giving and sharing.
- Rais Bhuiyan: Hate Crime Victim Sues to Save Assailant [VIDEO]
July 19 2011 4:58 PM
Hate crime victim Rais Bhuiyan is suing Texan Governor Rick Perry to halt the execution tomorrow of the man who almost took his life.
- SF Circumcision Ban: Uncut Penises a Risk for HIV Pandemic [PHOTO]
July 11 2011 10:48 PM
What's in a foreskin? According to many experts in the field of sexually transmitted diseases, a lot.
- Sex Slavery OK in Islam, Says Female Kuwaiti Politician [PHOTO] [VIDEO]
July 08 2011 4:54 PM
Sex slaves are OK in Islam, according to a former candidate for the Kuwaiti parliament, who is advocating for the legalization of sex slavery.
- Prominent Indonesian Migrant fears Jakarta's inaction on Saudi beheading
June 24 2011 5:38 AM
Indonesian migrant labor advocates and analysts say they don't just blame Saudi Arabia for the controversial beheading of 54-year-old Ruyati binti Sapubi. They blame their native Indonesia, for not taking strong enough measures to protect its nation's migrant workers from abuse.
- OPINION: Saudi women's automotive movement: Not an excuse for US Islamophobia
June 17 2011 5:01 PM
US media on the Saudi women's movement to revoke a long-standing Saudi law, banning women from driving should be careful about conflating culture with religion.
- Amnesty International demands Saudi authorities remove ban on women drivers
June 17 2011 9:45 AM
Amnesty International issued a statement yesterday, calling on Saudi authorities to stop treating women as second-class citizens and open the Kingdom's roads to women drivers.
- Of panties and Porches: Saudi Arabia moves to empower its women
June 17 2011 8:50 AM
Saudi women took to the streets today to contest a fatwa banning women from driving. International media reported that there was none of the expected retaliation from Saudi police forces, expected by many analysts to blow the situation up into something more befitting an Arab nation in the Jasmine era.
- Saudi women: Panties and Bras- yes, SUVs-no
June 16 2011 4:20 PM
Not only are Saudi women allowed to sell lingerie after the decree, but now they're the only ones who can.
- Prominent Arab-American women call Gay Girl Amina MacMaster-mind 'Orientalist'
June 16 2011 8:59 AM
After MacMaster's apology, Orientalism became a hot button word online, especially in the Arab-American Web community. Najla Said, daughter of the founder of the term Orientalism talks to IBTimes in an exclusive interview.