There are several reasons why we renovate. First, we want to add rooms. Another is to make changes and repairs in some areas of the house at the same time. There are also those who renovate to increase the size of certain rooms.
Renovation can also do good for your guests, especially if you have included a guest room in your plan. Having such room is great because it provides a decent place for your visitor to sleep in. It is true that they can sleep on the couch, but this can be inconvenient. You cannot stay longer in your living room because your guest might want to sleep early. You cannot make loud noises in the morning as well because you might wake him up.
A guest room is a great addition to your home. This way, you do not have to worry about where your guest will sleep. Here are some tips when conceptualizing a guest room for your home renovation:
- 1. Find an extra space in your home. You need this for the additional room. If you do not have an extra room, find an available space in the house. You can check your floor plan for this. You can also ask a designer or a contractor to have a look at your house and find possible space for the guest room.
- 2. Make sure that the bathrooms are accessible for your visitors. This is important because your guest will surely use it. The guest room can have its own bathroom. However, this is not required. What is important is that the guest can get to it easily when he needs to use it. This is why it is a good idea to place the guest room near the bathroom.
- 3. Have a general theme for the room. Any type of person can stay in your guest room. This is why you need a general theme for it. Avoid picking themes that are strong representation of a certain group. It's better to use neutral colors than choose one that is too masculine. You can get some tips from hotels. Observe their color choices as well as the decorations and the entire interior designs.
- 4. The room should have storage and basic items needed by your visitors. Your guests will need a space to store their belongings. Aside from that, they have other needs too. They could use a chair and a table. They will also need simple things like the mirror. You should also make sure that everything in the room works well, including the light, the heater and the cooling system.
- 5. There should be clean sheets, extra pillows and blankets. You can cover the bed with a different cloth when not in use. Change it with new sheets only when you have guests. Do not forget to wash them after it has been used so that it will be ready the next time someone visits you again.
A guest room is definitely a good addition to your home especially if you love having visitors. It does not have to be grand as long as it is comfortable and clean.
Article From Real Estate Pro Articles