- Since Robin Williams' suicide, much has been made of the possible link between humor and depression. Not all comedians believe there is one.
- Some historical periods gain importance only in hindsight, but the summer of 1964 was clearly significant, even as it was happening.
- One U.S. film will compete in the Odessa International Film Festival, which features movies from many nations, including Ukraine and Russia.
- The missing plane is a reminder that while the ocean isn't literally unfathomable, it might as well be.
- Sebastian Junger's new opus takes an intimate look at the experiences of the soldiers involved in the conflict.
- Besides being a thorny PR issue, Sterling's racist speech spotlights the pressure Silver faces in shepherding a league that is a global business.
- Federal agencies began a landmark cooperative project based on an idea proposed by two biologists.
- People took to the streets, to barricades and to fortifications in Central African Republic, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Turkey, Ukraine and Venezuela.
- There's a reason the Ukrainian conflict's images are captivating Westerners, and it has to do with the French Revolution and Hollywood.