- F-22 Raptor Stealth Fighter Has Combat Debut In Syria
September 23 2014 12:10 PM
Born to shoot down Soviet jets, the Lockheed Martin plane sat idle for nine years before finding a mission.
- After Scotland Vote, Watch Catalonia Next
September 18 2014 3:42 PM
The Catalans and Flemish are hoping for a boost from a Scottish vote, and Quebec independence advocates are watching closely, too.
- Here's Boeing's Newest Jet, The 737 MAX 200
September 08 2014 10:50 AM
Boeing has launched a new version of the 737 with an $11 billion order from Europe's biggest low-cost airline.
- US Military Personnel Leave Iran After Flight Diverted
September 05 2014 5:23 PM
The flight from Afghanistan to Dubai, carrying U.S. military personnel, landed in Iran after officials there questioned its flight plan.
- A Handwritten Plan For Peace
September 03 2014 11:51 AM
On a flight to Mongolia, Putin sketched out a "plan of actions" for peace in Ukraine. The plan will be discussed on Friday at a Belarus summit.
- How Egypt And The UAE Might Have Hit Libya From The Air
August 25 2014 2:11 PM
A report that high-precision airstrikes over Libya last week were the work of Egypt and the UAE raises many questions.
- Here's The Chinese Fighter That Harassed US Surveillance Jet
August 22 2014 2:40 PM
The Pentagon has protested what it said were dangerous maneuvers by a Chinese warplane, including a barrel roll over a U.S. surveillance jet.
- French Journalist Held With Foley Speaks For First Time
August 21 2014 12:01 PM
Didier François, who spent months in captivity in Syria with James Foley, said they were often mock-executed by their ISIS captors.
- FAA Bans Flights Over Iraq By All US Airlines
August 08 2014 12:26 PM
On the same day U.S. Navy jets bombed northern Iraq, the Federal Aviation Administration barred all U.S. airlines from flying over the entire country.
- After MH17, Boeing 777 Still Among Safest Jets
July 24 2014 3:26 PM
Even after two hull losses in a short time, the biggest twinjet in the world remains among the safest commercial airplanes.
- As Ship Comes Up, Captain Gets Down
July 23 2014 12:36 PM
The man accused of causing a disaster that killed 32 people and then jumping ship was spotted at a party, blithely smiling.
- Malaysia Airlines Stirs Controversy By Flying Over Syria
July 21 2014 4:12 PM
The airline said it wasn't violating rules by routing MH4 to London over Syria on Sunday. True, but it was highly dangerous.
- Flying Over Ukraine's War Zone, In The Last Soviet Jet
July 20 2014 5:06 PM
Before the MH17 crash, a flight over Crimea as Russians and Ukrainians fought a war turned into a recreation of the old days of the Soviet Union.
- Not The First Time A Civilian Jet Is Shot Down By Missile
July 17 2014 4:45 PM
Missiles launched from the ground or the air have brought down civilian aircraft several times before, intentionally or by mistake.
- The Missile That May Have Shot Down MH17
July 17 2014 12:23 PM
The Boeing 777 was reportedly flying over Ukraine at 33,000 feet, too high for the now-ubiquitous shoulder-fired portable missiles.
- World Champions Fly Home On Lufthansa Flight 2014
July 14 2014 6:36 PM
When you are the world champion team of the biggest global sport, your national airline sends a 747 to pick you up.
- Classy Germans Tweet Support For Routed Brazil
July 09 2014 12:41 PM
Realizing the magnitude of the defeat they inflicted on Brazil, German players took to Twitter to console their beaten opponents.
- 7-1 Rout Gets Moniker: 'Mineiraço,' Brazil’s Worst Shame
July 08 2014 6:52 PM
The thumping suffered by Brazil was so bad that the press coined a name for it, and the president even got roundly booed.
- Incredulous Brazil Faces German 'Massacre,' Stares Into Abyss
July 08 2014 5:03 PM
The Brazilian team was supposed to exorcise the ghost of the 1950 World Cup defeat. Instead it created a far, far worse one.
- How To Watch The World Cup In The American Heartland
July 01 2014 8:00 AM
Way down South, where football is king, you can’t find world-savvy soccer fans. Or can you?