Articles by Alberto Riva
- Cardinal Shocks World By Tweeting Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day'
October 28 2013 11:39 AM
Gianfranco Ravasi, the Vatican's top culture official, was always known as open-minded. But this move goes beyond anything he's done so far.
- Day 6 - Around The World In Six Days: A Mad Voyage Chasing An Old Airplane
October 17 2013 3:41 PM
As flight JL6 from Tokyo approaches New York, our world news editor is on schedule: around the world in under six days.
- Flying The Boeing 787: What Is The Dreamliner Like?
October 15 2013 11:20 AM
For all its electrical problems, the 787 offers passengers perks they can't find anywhere else. This is what flying it on Aeromexico feels like.
- Think The Shutdown Is Puzzling? Wait Till You See What Mexican Media Says
October 11 2013 8:57 AM
Mexico stands to lose a lot if its northern neighbor can't fix the shutdown and default crisis, and its opinion makers are not mincing words.
- After 34 Years, Rouhani Wants Direct Flights From Iran To US
September 30 2013 4:11 PM
The new president is mulling something the Iranians haven't done since the 1979 revolution. But they may have to use old planes to do it.
- Obama Describes Possible 'Different Relationship' With Iran
September 24 2013 11:01 AM
At the U.N. General Assembly, the U.S. president prepares the ground for what looks like a warming of relations with Tehran.
- See Anything Wrong With This F-16?
September 23 2013 4:50 PM
There are thousands of F-16 fighter jets in service all around the world. But usually they don't do what this one, modified by Boeing, just did.
- Walt’s Family Ties: A ‘Breaking Bad’ Prediction
September 20 2013 1:49 PM
Blood. Drugs. Ferocious neo-Nazis. Eighty million dollars in cash. And just two episodes to go.
- Brazil's President Cancels Washington Visit Over NSA Spying
September 17 2013 12:54 PM
According to a Brazilian paper, not even a call with Obama persuaded Dilma Rousseff to forgive having been spied on by the Americans.
- US, 10 Others On Syria: We Support UN, But Won’t Wait For It
September 06 2013 11:19 AM
At the G-20 summit in Russia, 11 nations issued a strongly worded statement on Syria. Russia, China and India weren’t among them.
- Syria Strike: How The US Might Bomb Assad
August 26 2013 10:59 PM
From B-2 stealth bombers to ship-launched cruise missiles, President Obama has many options at his disposal.
- Kerry To Syria: There Will Be Consequences For Chemical Attack
August 26 2013 4:10 PM
In what sounded like a clear warning of an impending attack on Syria, Kerry said Assad will face the outcome for his "moral obscenity."
- Prison Term For Berlusconi Upheld - But With A Catch
August 01 2013 2:10 PM
The billionaire former prime minister isn't going to prison: He's too old. And he escapes a ban from public office -- for now.
- Several Hurt In 737's Landing Accident At LaGuardia [PHOTOS]
July 22 2013 7:08 PM
The apparent collapse of the front landing gear on Southwest Flight 345, a Boeing 737, left the plane crippled on a runway.
- Boeing 787 On Boston-Tokyo Flight Makes U-Turn Due To 'Mechanical Issues'
July 18 2013 5:24 PM
Japan Airlines flight JL7 made it as far as the Hudson Bay before heading back to Boston, possibly because of a fuel pump issue.
- Jimmy Carter Says US 'Has No Functioning Democracy'
July 18 2013 10:31 AM
The 39th U.S. president is very upset about the state of the world, and nothing upsets him more than the NSA domestic spying scandal.
- Fire On 787 Dreamliner In London; Boeing Stock Drops, Then Rises
July 12 2013 1:51 PM
There were no injuries. One aviation analyst said the fire was unlikely to have been caused by a faulty battery.
- Relax, Internet: Snowden Isn't On Aeroflot To Cuba
July 11 2013 5:37 PM
The man most wanted by the U.S. government may be on a Russian flight to Havana. Except for one small thing: He just isn't.
- Berlusconi's Magazine Swallows Fake Report That The Boss Is Running For NYC Mayor
July 08 2013 2:55 PM
The billionaire, lascivious ex-prime minister of Italy has New York City abuzz: He wants to be mayor! But, wait a minute...
- Asiana 214 Hit Ground 1,000 Feet Short Of Touchdown Point
July 07 2013 12:00 AM
The crew of the Asiana Airlines Boeing 777 may have grossly misjudged the approach, and here is visual evidence to suggest so.