- After Defeat By Costa Rica, Press Calls 'Unrecognizable' Italy 'A Disaster'
June 20 2014 3:14 PM
In the second game of its 2014 World Cup campaign, Italy morphed from a favorite to a lemon, beaten deservedly by a soccer nobody.
- Spain Reacts To World Cup Shocker: 'Unbelievable Ridicule'
June 18 2014 6:40 PM
When the national soccer team and defending world champion goes home early, it's national drama. Spain found out on Wednesday.
- Italian Politician Insults Defeated English On Twitter
June 15 2014 10:26 AM
The deputy speaker of the Italian Senate is happy his team beat England in the World Cup. So happy that he started a major flame war on Twitter about it.
- Iraq Has Brand New F-16s, But Can't Use Them Against ISIS
June 12 2014 2:58 PM
It will take months before Iraq can employ its new American-made combat jets against the jihadists that now threaten Baghdad.
- Endless Strikes, Poor Pitches And No Water
June 10 2014 3:10 PM
Two days to go before the 2014 World Cup, subway workers may strike again, water is scarce and poor field conditions could injure players.
- US Sends B-2 Bombers To Europe Amid Ukraine Crisis
June 10 2014 12:07 PM
The stealth bombers had never been based in Europe before. Now, they sit just three hours from the Russian border.
- Three Days From World Cup, São Paulo Is In Chaos
June 09 2014 12:04 PM
The world's biggest sporting event begins Thursday, and Brazil's biggest city is a gridlocked mess, with police using tear gas.
- Banned At The World Cup: Tablets And Vuvuzelas
June 04 2014 5:21 PM
The ubiquitous plastic trumpets that turned the 2010 cup into a constant racket will be gone this time, and so will iPads.
- 'Only God Can Fix This'
June 03 2014 10:51 AM
In the world's fifth-largest country, half a million soccer fans will only be able to move by air -- but airports are an unfinished mess.
- Putin Reviews Russia's Military Might At Moscow Parade [PHOTOS]
May 09 2014 11:33 AM
Friday is Victory Day in the former USSR, and Russia celebrates with a huge parade. The president was there, before going to Crimea.
- No Politics, Just Cats: Istanbul's Friendly Strays [SLIDESHOW]
March 26 2014 9:00 AM
Turkey goes to the polls on Sunday for a vote being watched the world over. The many, many cats of its biggest city are unconcerned.
- Malaysia Airlines 370 Was Spotted In The Maldives - Or Was It?
March 18 2014 11:41 PM
People on a remote island in the Indian Ocean say they saw a plane that matches the description. It could be true, but there are doubts.
- Boeing's P-8 Poseidon - The Plane That May Find MH370
March 18 2014 6:41 AM
The U.S. Navy's new $35 billion sub hunter is getting a chance to prove itself looking for something that's not in its job description.
- 3 Hijackings That Look Like The Case Of Malaysia Airlines 370
March 16 2014 9:27 PM
Cases from '70, '96 and last month may have something in common with MH370, if indeed it has been hijacked, which we still don't know.
- Reports Of Drone Interception Over Crimea False: Pentagon
March 14 2014 4:12 PM
Russian sources reported Friday that a U.S. drone had been taken down by "self-defense forces" in Crimea. The U.S. says it never happened.
- Worker Email Saying He Saw Flight 370 Go Down Adds To Mystery
March 12 2014 4:17 PM
Five days, 10 nations involved in the search, zero answers: The Boeing 777 may have vanished in one of three different locations.
- Flight MH370 Likely Brought Down By Multiple Causes: Experts
March 11 2014 10:55 PM
Four days into a fruitless search, here's what we know: The Boeing 777 has likely not been stolen, and crashed for more than one cause.
- What Could Have Happened To Malaysia Airlines Flight 370?
March 08 2014 4:20 PM
Still no solid evidence, but here's what we do know about the Boeing 777 that vanished.
- Oil Slick Sighting Could Lead To Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight
March 07 2014 9:51 PM
Flight MH370, from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, is suspected to have crashed into the South China Sea.
- Unmarked Troops in Simferopol: Shady, But Illegal?
March 04 2014 5:52 PM
Soldiers don't have to wear national insignia to conform to the laws of war, if they still clearly look like soldiers.